ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 192
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Those are legit concerns, and it's why he's probably not my clear-cut BPA at 32 in most scenarios.

I just have this gut feeling that we will be absolutely enamored with him.
Maybe it's just gas?
[Reply]
Palangi 10:28 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My worry is that if you squint there's a little Toney in how he plays. Some of those concentration issues in contested catch situations could sure seem to turn into those deflection interceptions on him.

And he's going to have size/physicality issues at his release so he's gonna either have to be given space or he's going to have to make it through that inefficient movement that messes with timing.

It's not that I don't think his strengths will play here. It's that I wonder if he doesn't have the worst sort of warts for us.
Some of those drop issues have been discussed. Apparently he played with a broken hand last year that affected him
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 02-27-2024
Those are legit concerns, and it's why he's probably not my clear-cut BPA at 32 in most scenarios.

I just keep seeing guys I like better. I just don't know why I shouldn't prefer Walker or even McMillan to him. They just seem more varied in how they can win. And if I have Hardman or a reasonable facsimile to him (or Davis or Mooney) do I really need Worthy?

I just can't see us being 'enamored' with anyone likely to be available at 32. And frankly, I surely hope we aren't. None of them are THAT good. They're all varying degrees of solid in different ways.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:33 AM 02-27-2024

I'm sure they will be, the idea they can get the gadget stuff from an actual WR probably makes them think they can fill 2 positions in 1.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:38 AM 02-27-2024
Some homeruns there. Franklin, Burton and Pearsall on the list.

P5 WRs at a 58% catch rate or better on targets 10+ yards downfield since 2019 Draft (100+ tgts)

- AJ Brown
- Justin Jefferson
- CeeDee Lamb
- DeVonta Smith
- Isaiah Hodgins
- Jerry Jeudy
- Garrett Wilson
- Chris Olave
- Troy Franklin
- Jermaine Burton
- Ricky Pearsall

Via PFF

— Football Insights 📊 (@fball_insights) February 27, 2024

[Reply]
kcbubb 10:40 AM 02-27-2024

I just can't see us being 'enamored' with anyone likely to be available at 32. And frankly, I surely hope we aren't. None of them are THAT good. They're all varying degrees of solid in different ways.
Agreed. The value for me at wr in this draft is at about 50, which would be perfect to trade sneed for a pick in that range. One of the top guys has to fall to 50. Trade sneed for pick 50 and take the best available wr with that pick. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of these guys happen to fall. As you’ve pointed out, all of them have a hole or two in their game and it’s gonna be a matter of preference.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:43 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:

Troy Franklin always seems to be in great company with this stuff.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:48 AM 02-27-2024
I don't have Tez as likely to be available for us in the 2nd. If he did, he'd be ahead of McMillan.

Pearsall, Burton and Polk aren't guys I'd want until the 3rd. The character flags around Burton have spooked me off him and Pearsall/Polk are both just guys I haven't talked myself into in the 2nd but could probably find a way to do so if that's the pick we make.

None of them are likely to be Skyy Moore situations where I just hate it.
Some folks seem to really like Burton but IMO his production isn't good enough to back up his character. With someone like George Pickens I could see taking an early shot because of the obvious talent but it's not there for Burton from my perspective.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 02-27-2024
I don't think the Chiefs are gonna draft a deep threat like Worthy. I think they'll cut MVS and make it a priority to get a vet FA like Mooney. We can all agree that Andy/Patrick don't want a rookie taking a top spot.

With teams playing cover 2 99% of the time, I don't think the speed threats will be as valuable from the draft.

I want a route runner. Who is the closest person that can give us anything in the same universe as this?

Get Patrick a route running fiend and we feast
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don't think the Chiefs are gonna draft a deep threat like Worthy. I think they'll cut MVS and make it a priority to get a vet FA like Mooney. We can all agree that Andy/Patrick don't want a rookie taking a top spot.

With teams playing cover 2 99% of the time, I don't think the speed threats will be as valuable from the draft.

I want a route runner. Who is the closest person that can give us anything in the same universe as this?

Worthy can work at every level of the field though. He's not just a deep threat by any means.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:02 AM 02-27-2024
Worthy can work at every level of the field though. He's not just a deep threat by any means.
That's how we do it here man. Every fast guy is just a gadget guy deep threat. You know the CP way.
[Reply]
wachashi 11:06 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:

The QB throwing the ball matters quite a bit in a stat like this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 02-27-2024
I think it's hard to project that for a guy who weighs 165-170 lbs.

The theory checks out, but can he actually do it against NFL cornerbacks? And I don't know that he was ever really asked to work zones and do the 'clever' shit that we're going to want from a Z receiver (and presumably that's how you'd try to use him if he's a 1st rounder).

I just think the smaller guys are better in theory than practice. They start to get whacked around and knocked off their route and suddenly what they SHOULD be able to do becomes pretty damn hard for them to actually do it on time.

It's the Skyy Moore lesson again. And Moore isn't even a weight problem (he's built well enough) his was a contact balance problem and a little bit of a length/brains issue.

Trying to project smaller/slighter WRs into every part of the field is a pretty risky proposition. Some of the things they did to be successful in those areas of the field don't work in timing offenses and against longer, stronger, faster DBs.

Physicality is an underrated component for all but the most athletic WRs. And yes, Worthy is athletic. Does he reach the threshhold level of physicality to put that to use? Well I guess that's the million dollar question, innit?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by wachashi:
The QB throwing the ball matters quite a bit in a stat like this.
Yes, for example, and since we've been talking about Worthy, his tape is full of him winning down the field with Ewers being incapable of consistently getting him the ball when he does.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:09 AM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Jalen MFing McMillan, fools!
[Reply]
Page 87 of 192
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up