ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 341
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:53 PM 02-19-2017
Got the new CZ back from the gunsmith and finally got to shoot it today. It is wonderful. The trigger was good before, but now it's just ridiculous. Even the double action pull is nearly nothing. He also bored out the barrel a touch so it won't be so picky with the reloaded ammo we make.

I love the sound of gunfire in the morning! :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:24 PM 02-19-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Got the new CZ back from the gunsmith and finally got to shoot it today. It is wonderful. The trigger was good before, but now it's just ridiculous. Even the double action pull is nearly nothing. He also bored out the barrel a touch so it won't be so picky with the reloaded ammo we make.

The younger son, well "we", borrowed a the neighbor's Ruger 10/22 tactical (LOL!!!) and put around 700 rounds through it today. My hands and fingers are sore from loading the 25/22 magazines!

He took a break from the .22 (at my request) to zero the .243 and it was funny watching him send the first round. After ~350 rounds of .22 that first shot with the .243 looked like it took his shoulder off. But hey, it was still pretty right at 100 yards so that didn't last too long. :-)

All I know is there's some dead paper up at Lake City right now. And one has a smilie face shot into it... At 25 yards, with a .22, dude is NAILS!! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
GMitch 07:51 PM 02-19-2017

Picked up a CZ P-09 the other day and went to the range today. Double action requires two men and a mule to pull the trigger but single action is everything I've seen and read. That is a sweet gun!
[Reply]
Frazod 09:20 PM 02-19-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
The younger son, well "we", borrowed a the neighbor's Ruger 10/22 tactical (LOL!!!) and put around 700 rounds through it today. My hands and fingers are sore from loading the 25/22 magazines!

He took a break from the .22 (at my request) to zero the .243 and it was funny watching him send the first round. After ~350 rounds of .22 that first shot with the .243 looked like it took his shoulder off. But hey, it was still pretty right at 100 yards so that didn't last too long. :-)

All I know is there's some dead paper up at Lake City right now. And one has a smilie face shot into it... At 25 yards, with a .22, dude is NAILS!! :-):-):-):-)
Sounds like a great day. Nothing like going out and shooting all day with the old man.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:26 PM 02-19-2017
Sounds like a great day. Nothing like going out and shooting all day with the old man.
Especially when the old man is reloading the magazines... :-)

But I'm good with it, nothing like spending the day with the son...
[Reply]
Frazod 09:29 PM 02-19-2017
Originally Posted by GMitch:
Picked up a CZ P-09 the other day and went to the range today. Double action requires two men and a mule to pull the trigger but single action is everything I've seen and read. That is a sweet gun!
If you can find a good gunsmith, you should consider getting it worked on. The double action trigger pull on mine now is barely more than your average out of the box striker fired pistol.

[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 PM 02-19-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Especially when the old man is reloading the magazines... :-)

But I'm good with it, nothing like spending the day with the son...
Didn't have guns like that back when I went shooting with my dad (I don't think he ever owned a gun that took a magazine), but if we had, I'm quite certain I would have been loading my own mags. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:10 PM 02-25-2017
Finally got the new Sig back from the gunsmith. The original wood grips were pretty, but these G10s are far more functional.

Now I've just got to get a good holster for it and I'm good to go.

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:36 PM 02-25-2017
Pretty piece, very elegant looking
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:37 PM 02-25-2017
Nice!
[Reply]
Frazod 05:09 PM 02-25-2017
Thanks. My new gun twitch is completely sated.

For now..... :-)

[Reply]
Trivers 06:27 AM 02-26-2017
Any one have any experience with the Tauras PT111 G2?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/tauru...1031g2-12.html

$209 for a sub compact double stack 9mm? Something must be wrong with it.

thanks
[Reply]
Frazod 09:45 AM 02-26-2017
They've had quality issues in the past. I don't know if it's gotten any better. I used to own a little Taurus .38 revolver, but I got rid of it years ago. I never had any problems with that, but a pistol is a different animal.

Obviously it's better than nothing, but if you're looking for an economical carry gun, you can probably get a little Ruger for around $400. Buds has a Smith & Wesson M&P 9c, which up until recently I regularly used as one of my daily carry guns, for around $450. And there are all sorts of good options, like Glocks and Sigs, starting at just under $500.

I realize that my gun snob friends have eaten my brain to a certain extent, but I wouldn't trust my life to something that's on sale for $200.
[Reply]
notorious 09:49 AM 02-26-2017
Palmetto has amazing deals that are sometimes lower than dealer cost.

It's a Taurus, or Clitaurus as we like to call them. Not a big fan.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:51 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Palmetto has amazing deals that are sometimes lower than dealer cost.

It's a Taurus, or Clitaurus as we like to call them. Not a big fan.
You just have to wait 6-12 month for shipment.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 341
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up