ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1948 of 2693
« First < 948144818481898193819441945194619471948 19491950195119521958199820482448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 12:58 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m usually pretty conservative about the conversation of championships because I think in the NFL, it is so damn hard to win the big one. So much has to go right, you’re always a play away from the season being set on fire.

But the more I’ve watched this year and thought about what the Chiefs have in place, I wholeheartedly believe that anything less than 3 Super Bowls for Mahomes is going to be a big let down. I expect 4, really. Assuming he has a nice long career.

I just don’t know that I’ve ever seen a guy who is harder to beat. You think about the games we have lost with him, and every single one took so much going right for the other team in order to happen. If he’s healthy, it takes winning a shootout and that is hard as fuck to do against Patrick.

Reid is the foundation of everything and Veach is the cherry on top. With those 3 hopefully together for the next 5-10 years, the best is to come.
We don't know what the team will look like when his $40+ million cap hits start happening. He's still dirt cheap this year. Also who knows what happens with the coach situation. I'd like to see Andy stick around a long time, but you never know. It's too bad he's not about 10 years younger.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:00 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
We don't know what the team will look like when his $40+ million cap hits start happening. He's still dirt cheap this year. Also who knows what happens with the coach situation. I'd like to see Andy stick around a long time, but you never know. It's too bad he's not about 10 years younger.
All valid points but you know, odds are he will never have a worse defense than he did in 2018. No matter what his cap number becomes from here. And he still should have been playing in the SB that year.

So I’m confident either way.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I try to look at it in 5 year increments. Here’s what we know:

-Mahomes will be in his prime.
-Veach is young. No worries.
-I’d say there’s an 85% chance Andy is fine

Since our current staff has been together, we’ve made a number of really good draft picks to help the roster. Nnandi, Hardman, Thornhill, Danna, Snead, Clyde etc. Trade game has been pretty nice too with low cost wins like Ward.

My only fear is that they haven’t found a truly dominant transformational player yet under Veach. We’ve found them in FA but not the draft.

Jones, Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce. Those were all before Veach was GM. We gotta start drafting some of those big hits again.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Since our current staff has been together, we’ve made a number of really good draft picks to help the roster. Nnandi, Hardman, Thornhill, Danna, Snead, Clyde etc. Trade game has been pretty nice too with low cost wins like Ward.

My only fear is that they haven’t found a truly dominant transformational player yet under Veach. We’ve found them in FA but not the draft.

Jones, Mahomes, Tyreek, Kelce. Those were all before Veach was GM. We gotta start drafting some of those big hits again.
Umm maybe give it time?

Just because he hasn’t yet drafted an All-Pro doesn’t mean he won’t, can’t, or even hasn’t.

Sneed, Thornhill, Gay, Hardman, Wharton, CEH etc. are guys that could be seen that way 2-3 years from now.

Veach is going to have a ton of picks to work with for at least the next 2 years. Not only will we be fine, we’ll continue to be great.

Also, Veach technically found Mahomes whether he was the GM or not, so there’s that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 11-13-2020

Thornhill was definitely on a "dominant" trajectory before the injury last year. I think Wharton has that potential as well.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:37 PM 11-13-2020
Nnandi and Snead
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:39 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Thornhill was definitely on a "dominant" trajectory before the injury last year. I think Wharton has that potential as well.
It's really sad how different he looks this season. I think he's still not confident in the knee. At least I hope that's why I've seen him avoid contact.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:10 PM 11-13-2020

Thornhill is probably the best bet for a star player drafted by Veach recently.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:43 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Thornhill is probably the best bet for a star player drafted by Veach recently.
Probably him and Clyde. Hardman will never be a star here bc Tyreek takes all of his snaps and is a better version of him.

Gay and Snead are the wildcards. They’ve looked damn good but it’s been a very small sample size.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:55 PM 11-13-2020

I will never give Dorsey any credit for Mahomes. When asked how they knew Mahomes was their guy, Andy has made it clear in almost every interview that it was Veach who was behind the push for Mahomes.

I don't care how excited Dorsey looked in the draft war room, I think he was a mediocre GM at best, and given how Reid praises Veach for pushing Mahomes, I think Dorsey can just FO where credit for the Mahomes draft pick is concerned.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:15 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's weird that this guy would feel compelled to post this. Why single out Mahomes, and over an imaginary stat?

Seriously, every QB throws passes that might've been picked off. So what? It's almost as if this guy has a bone to pick.

Did Patrick hurt this guy's feelings somehow?

It's about the only thing I can think of as a reason for him to post this fabricated stat.
Imaginary stats from a fake football site. Stats don't tell the story of Mahomes- you have to watch him play. He has been amazing this year. All the little things - like his hard count drawing teams offsides, the way he uses his eyes to draw defenders away from where he really wants to throw- and using his legs to escape pressure. He is the best I have ever seen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:26 PM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Imaginary stats from a fake football site. Stats don't tell the story of Mahomes- you have to watch him play. He has been amazing this year. All the little things - like his hard count drawing teams offsides, the way he uses his eyes to draw defenders away from where he really wants to throw- and using his legs to escape pressure. He is the best I have ever seen.
Agreed. Some players defy stats, and Mahomes is one of them.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:07 PM 11-13-2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:15 PM 11-13-2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11-13-2020, 06:17 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
DRM08 06:23 PM 11-13-2020
Similar to Barry Sanders. The stats don’t really give an accurate picture.
[Reply]
Page 1948 of 2693
« First < 948144818481898193819441945194619471948 19491950195119521958199820482448 > Last »
Up