ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com Mock Draft Thread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 10-14-2016
www.walterfootball.com

I'll try and update this periodically throughout the season.

17. Charles Harris, DE/OLB, Missouri

The Chiefs currently aren't getting any pressure on the quarterback. That's obviously because Justin Houston is out, but Dee Ford, starting in his place, has done nothing. Tamba Hali doesn't have much longer remaining as a pro, so the Chiefs will need to find a suitable replacement for him.

49. Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern

The Chiefs could spend a second-day selection on an inside linebacker, given that Derrick Johnson is nearing retirement.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 03-22-2017
Zay Jones isn't going in the 1st round. Shit....I don't even think he'll go in the top half of the 2nd.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:17 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Zay Jones isn't going in the 1st round. Shit....I don't even think he'll go in the top half of the 2nd.
He's likely the #4 WR on most teams boards. He'll probably be gone by the middle of the 2nd, though I agree that it's pretty unlikely he goes in the 1st.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:11 AM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's likely the #4 WR on most teams boards. He'll probably be gone by the middle of the 2nd, though I agree that it's pretty unlikely he goes in the 1st.
Preference, Cooper Kupp or Zay Jones?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:55 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Jones. Much more upside.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:08 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jones. Much more upside.
That was my thought too. He may not ever be a super star but I'd put money on him having a long and productive career barring major injury.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03-22-2017, 01:34 PM
This message has been deleted by Quesadilla Joe.
kccrow 07:08 PM 03-22-2017
Chris Godwin over both please. And no, I don't think KC picks a receiver in round 1 anyhow.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:13 AM 03-23-2017
We could draft the next fucking Randy Moss and Alex would still come up short of 3800 yards and 25 TDs.

Stop drafting WRs. You get the same QB no matter who you give him
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:38 PM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We could draft the next fucking Randy Moss and Alex would still come up short of 3800 yards and 25 TDs.

For real. It's like buying toys for the little bastard child who needs to have his ass spanked and his dinner taken away from him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:44 PM 03-23-2017

Yeup.

It's pretty remarkable, to be honest. It takes a hell of a set of tools to be able to take a team who's best pass catcher is an intermittently healthy Donnie Avery and be identically productive with a team that has Travis Kelce, Tyreke Hill, Jeremy Maclin and Chris Conley added to the mix.

I'm serious - how the fuck does he even manage that? Give the guy shit and he produces like an average to slightly below average quarterback. It stands to reason that giving him actual weapons will yield some sort of ROI...

Nope - same goddamn guy. The ability to be nominally productive in his first year or two here with a bad line and zero weapons to speak of was pretty damn admirable. But the fact that he's pretty much just hugged that line of abject mediocrity while the team around him has gotten progressively better (to the point of legitimately dangerous)....well that's just bizarre.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:48 PM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeup.

It's pretty remarkable, to be honest. It takes a hell of a set of tools to be able to take a team who's best pass catcher is an intermittently healthy Donnie Avery and be identically productive with a team that has Travis Kelce, Tyreke Hill, Jeremy Maclin and Chris Conley added to the mix.

I'm serious - how the **** does he even manage that? Give the guy shit and he produces like an average to slightly below average quarterback. It stands to reason that giving him actual weapons will yield some sort of ROI...

Nope - same goddamn guy. The ability to be nominally productive in his first year or two here with a bad line and zero weapons to speak of was pretty damn admirable. But the fact that he's pretty much just hugged that line of abject mediocrity while the team around him has gotten progressively better (to the point of legitimately dangerous)....well that's just bizarre.
Drops, running game, pass pro, the defense did I forget an excuse?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by :
Adding Jones would help open up the Chiefs' offense and give Alex Smith a reliable, productive target.
Seriously - there is no way Kiper's watched the Chiefs and actually believes this.

Because adding Tyreke fucking Hill didn't actually open up the offense. It added a couple of splash plays here and there but those were so infrequent (and really came at the expense of some deep middle/out routes rather than Reid/Smith's allotment of check-downs and WR screens) that they didn't accomplish anything.

No - NOTHING will open up the Chiefs offense. And no, Alex Smith will not do anything with a 'reliable, productive target' that he wouldn't do with some jackass 6th rounder that gets those same snaps because somehow Alex Smith has become "Even Steven" from fucking Seinfeld. Give him 10 more deep passes and he'll just throw 10 more bubble screens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 03-23-2017
Drops, running game, pass pro, the defense did I forget an excuse?
Alex Smith is significantly more impressive when his team sucks.

Because he's no better when they're good so his middle of the road play for a shitty team actually looks pretty good.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:04 PM 03-23-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeup.

I'm serious - how the fuck does he even manage that? Give the guy shit and he produces like an average to slightly below average quarterback. It stands to reason that giving him actual weapons will yield some sort of ROI...

Fellow Planeteers, I beseech thee;

Take a cue from young DJ here and embrace the reality that IS a useless Alex Smith.

Then, righteously focus thine anger on the fatassed, sideline bobble-head which insisteth on playing this fool.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:11 AM 03-24-2017
We could draft the next ****ing Randy Moss and Alex would still come up short of 3800 yards and 25 TDs.

No kidding. Would love to see what a real QB does with this offense.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:12 AM 03-24-2017
Mel Kiper is a fucking moron
[Reply]
Page 12 of 23
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up