ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
The Franchise 01:57 PM 01-21-2021
Make sure you’re getting electrolytes and when you break your fast....take it easy. Don’t eat a full meal.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:57 PM 01-21-2021
Sounds a bit dangerous.

Are you doing it just to lose weight?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:57 PM 01-21-2021
Are you taking any electrolyte supplements?
[Reply]
shitgoose 01:57 PM 01-21-2021
I do 72 hour fasts periodically, 3 or 4 times a year. I feel they are beneficial and help “reset” things from an eating standpoint. These fasts are typically preceded by a period of gluttony (holidays, vacations, business trips)

I do drink a cup of black coffee each morning when I fast
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:04 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
I do 72 hour fasts periodically, 3 or 4 times a year. I feel they are beneficial and help “reset” things from an eating standpoint. These fasts are typically preceded by a period of gluttony (holidays, vacations, business trips)

I do drink a cup of black coffee each morning when I fast
Hence your moniker :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:01 PM 01-21-2021
Are you taking any supplements for the electrolytes?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:02 PM 01-21-2021
this fat fuck has been trying to give me beta dating advice for weeks :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
That sounds...unwise. I hope you're at least consulting a doctor in the process.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That sounds...unwise. I hope you're at least consulting a doctor in the process.
Tubbo has plenty of calories hanging off his bones for his body to eat. He'll be fine.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:00 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Tubbo has plenty of calories hanging off his bones for his body to eat. He'll be fine.
Yeah, I'm no doctor and haven't read up on water fasting in particular, but my first thought would be that you better be exercising as well as at least replacing the water you're losing from food.

From what I've read on simple dieting, after water weight comes muscle mass if you're not working out... I can easily lose 10+ pounds of water weight alone after a week or three of holiday-type of gorging and a few days on keto (and I'm not overweight, besides a little skinny-fatness), which is of course the same reason people come back to these types of things. And then on top of that, there's probably muscle loss and then maybe some fat.

Your liver and kidneys can take care of the "toxins".
[Reply]
scho63 05:09 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm no doctor and haven't read up on water fasting in particular, but my first thought would be that you better be exercising as well as at least replacing the water you're losing from food.

From what I've read on simple dieting, after water weight comes muscle mass if you're not working out... I can easily lose 10+ pounds of water weight alone after a week or three of holiday-type of gorging and a few days on keto (and I'm not overweight, besides a little skinny-fatness), which is of course the same reason people come back to these types of things. And then on top of that, there's probably muscle loss and then maybe some fat.

Your liver and kidneys can take care of the "toxins".
This is a fallacy of losing muscle mass. Once in ketosis, your body only burns stored fat.

You never want to keep exercising on a water fast as your body will crave fuel and there is none.

Walking or hiking are fine but no gym!
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:14 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is a fallacy of losing muscle mass. Once in ketosis, your body only burns stored fat.

You never want to keep exercising on a water fast as your body will crave fuel and there is none.

Your body requires protein for several metabolic processes. If you're not taking in protein, you're still burning protein. If you're reaching ketosis by eating literally nothing, your body will absolutely break down muscle to get protein.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:28 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:

Again, I'm no doctor, but that really doesn't seem to make sense and there are studies that state otherwise.

Ketosis obviously works from a fat burning perspective because you're not giving yourself enough carbs to live off, but there's no magic of ketones that I've ever read that protects muscle mass by itself.

Even on a normal keto diet, everything I've read/listened to (and backed up by studies as much as possible) says to make sure you're eating enough protein and working out, and there's a ton of stuff out there on muscle loss on a high fat/high protein diet, much less no protein at all.

And the older people get, I would think it becomes even smarter to consult doctors about it and do research, as people will generally lose muscle mass as they age regardless of diet.

And for a week a year... probably not a big deal. Just pointing out that the perceived benefits of this seem to either not exist at all ("toxins") or are masked by something else (water weight and muscle loss).

Originally Posted by :
“Muscle loss on the ketogenic diet is an ongoing area of research,” says Edwina Clark, RD, a dietitian in private practice in San Francisco. “Small studies suggest that people on the ketogenic diet lose muscle even when they continue resistance training. This may be related to the fact that protein alone is less effective for muscle building than protein and carbohydrates together after exercise.” Meanwhile, according to a small study published in March 2018 in the journal Sports, people following the keto diet for three months lost about the same amount of body fat and had about the same muscle mass changes as people following normal diets. Yet the folks on keto did lose more leg muscle.
Link 1 (emoji was killing it)

Link 2
[Reply]
New World Order 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
The longest I’ve ever been able to go is 5 days. Just water

When you start eating again you’re going to feel like a million dollars
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
Have any electrolyte supplements been taken?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up