ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:35 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Johnny Manziel 2.0

We'll see if he develops a coke habit here soon and pisses it all away.
That would hurt I'd imagine.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:43 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
That would hurt I'd imagine.
You’d be surprised, cocaine is a great numbing agent. Not that I’d know, but that’s what I hear.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:47 PM 12-30-2019
I don’t think most of us are that surprised.

This is who he has been his whole life. This is the same dude that tried to run from the police back at OU, grabbed his crotch on the sideline, etc etc.

A real John Dorsey guy.
[Reply]
PhillyChiefFan 07:03 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

This is who he has been his whole life. This is the same dude that tried to run from the police back at OU, grabbed his crotch on the sideline, etc etc.

A real John Dorsey guy.
Makes me very grateful to have a class act in Mahomes to cheer for.

His little tantrums and skirmishes with fans make me laugh but would be embarrassing if I were a Browns fan.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:32 PM 12-31-2019
It'll be interesting to see who his next HC is and how that relationship either helps him to mature or allows him to wallow in his insecurities.

As an OU fan, I hope he gets a good HC that can help him turn the corner.
[Reply]
KCRon 03:54 PM 12-31-2019
I think arrogance arrived before success did with him.
[Reply]
KCRon 03:59 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan:
Makes me very grateful to have a class act in Mahomes to cheer for.

His little tantrums and skirmishes with fans make me laugh but would be embarrassing if I were a Browns fan.
Mahomes definitely is a class act and is a fellow East Texas guy. I've just recently signed on here and he's a big reason why.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:07 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by KCRon:
Mahomes definitely is a class act and is a fellow East Texas guy. I've just recently signed on here and he's a big reason why.
Welcome.

Let’s fucking go Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:01 AM 01-01-2020
His only hope is if his wife puts him in his place. She's become accustomed to a certain lifestyle and his mouth is jeopardizing it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:51 AM 01-01-2020
I'm not making a prediction on Mayfield, but as a general proposition, I just can't wrap my head around attitude problems being an unfixable impediment, particularly compared to not having pocket presence or not having touch on your passes.

Maybe move it completely away from the NFL, I firmly believe Phil Jackson could handle all manner of head cases if the talent was there. He was blessed with Jordan and Pippen, but he could have made magic with an Iverson, or a Lambier, or even a Shawn Kemp. Look at how he handled Rodman for Christ's sake.

Absent head trauma or some shit, and unless they are just a plain bad seed like Hernandez or Carruth, it's the essence of a HC job to get the personnel in the right mindset, to be prepared, to be poised, to be alert, to be focused.

If someone can't throw 50 yards on a rope, there isn't a coach on earth who can teach you to. If someone can't stand in the pocket without shitting their skivvies, there isn't a coach on earth who can instill that in you. But if you have physical skills, there HAS TO BE a coach who can get your mind right. Appeal to ego, appeal to competitiveness. Appeal to vanity. Appeal to fear. Show trust if it helps. Show parental love if it helps. Show stern monitoring if it's required . . . find the levers that bring out the best and yank them heartily. That's coaching.

For the most part, underachieving talent is a coaching failure above all other failures.

Bradshaw was a sensitive and emotional soul who hated Knoll with a passion that would bring him to tears, but Knoll handled him in a particular way that led to the league's first dynasty, while leaning on Bradshaw's mental and emotional state a good deal.

Not everyone can be a self-starter in all facets like Mahomes, or Farve and Manning and Starr and on and on before him. But talent can be corraled. It can't be bestowed, but if it's there it can be corraled.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:07 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not making a prediction on Mayfield, but as a general proposition, I just can't wrap my head around attitude problems being an unfixable impediment, particularly compared to not having pocket presence or not having touch on your passes.

Maybe move it completely away from the NFL, I firmly believe Phil Jackson could handle all manner of head cases if the talent was there. He was blessed with Jordan and Pippen, but he could have made magic with an Iverson, or a Lambier, or even a Shawn Kemp. Look at how he handled Rodman for Christ's sake.

Absent head trauma or some shit, and unless they are just a plain bad seed like Hernandez or Carruth, it's the essence of a HC job to get the personnel in the right mindset, to be prepared, to be poised, to be alert, to be focused.

If someone can't throw 50 yards on a rope, there isn't a coach on earth who can teach you to. If someone can't stand in the pocket without shitting their skivvies, there isn't a coach on earth who can instill that in you. But if you have physical skills, there HAS TO BE a coach who can get your mind right. Appeal to ego, appeal to competitiveness. Appeal to vanity. Appeal to fear. Show trust if it helps. Show parental love if it helps. Show stern monitoring if it's required . . . find the levers that bring out the best and yank them heartily. That's coaching.

For the most part, underachieving talent is a coaching failure above all other failures.

Bradshaw was a sensitive and emotional soul who hated Knoll with a passion that would bring him to tears, but Knoll handled him in a particular way that led to the league's first dynasty, while leaning on Bradshaw's mental and emotional state a good deal.

Not everyone can be a self-starter in all facets like Mahomes, or Farve and Manning and Starr and on and on before him. But talent can be corraled. It can't be bestowed, but if it's there it can be corraled.
Big Ben and cam are pretty good examples. I agree. It's not like manziel with off field distractions. It's not like TO with on field distractions. The dude is offputtingly arrogant. You can harness some of that confidence into good and minimize the negatives that comes with. Not get rid of, just limit it.
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 01-01-2020
An Alpha dog coach needs to come in and put a foot in his ass.

Teach him to harness his “fuck you” in the right direction.

I think he can be decent, but needs a man at coach. An offensive line that doesn’t completely suck will help, too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:06 AM 01-01-2020
I've said it already, but Bienemy would be a really great hire for the Browns.
[Reply]
jimidollar 12:26 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

A real John Dorsey guy.
This is how I knew Baker wouldn't be great. He couldn't even outrun a couple of cops. Fucking weak.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:44 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Big Ben and cam are pretty good examples. I agree. It's not like manziel with off field distractions. It's not like TO with on field distractions. The dude is offputtingly arrogant. You can harness some of that confidence into good and minimize the negatives that comes with. Not get rid of, just limit it.
I'm still kind of intrigued by Jameis in TB. He seems to have a great attitude from a competitiveness and willingness to work standpoint, but he has massive mental deficits in decision making.

The NFLs first 30-30 QB and an ostensible QB guru is a fascinating experiment. Glad it's not on my dime, but it remains intriguing to monitor.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 43
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up