ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 61
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:47 PM 04-21-2024
Cross was chosen right where he was suppose to as well. He was always in the 8-10 range on all the prospect lists.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:17 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Cross was chosen right where he was suppose to as well. He was always in the 8-10 range on all the prospect lists.
A lot of mock drafts had either Cross or Justin Crawford and the difference was whether the Royals would want a college or high school bat.

Crawford is the son of Carl Crawford and, as you might guess, has a ton of speed.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:56 PM 04-21-2024
Can we call up Waters yet? If I have to suffer through much more Isbel...
[Reply]
BWillie 03:35 PM 04-21-2024
Welp turns our lobbing it over the middle and praying only works for so long for Lugo
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:44 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Isbel just isn't good. He's an automatic out and a stupid base runner. He's got great defense, but holy shit he's so bad at hitting that its not even close to being enough.

He's just not a ML hitter.
[Reply]
TLO 05:23 PM 04-21-2024
I want a series win against Toronto. A split would be acceptable.

I just want h this team to keep winning and competing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:06 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
I want a series win against Toronto. A split would be acceptable.

I just want h this team to keep winning and competing.
That’s difficult to imagine.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:21 PM 04-21-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
This. I can't stand Isbel. He's reminding me of my hate level for a guy like Chris Getz!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:52 AM 04-22-2024
Dude was diagnosed with melanoma at the beginning of spring training and now he's back.

Tyler Duffey being promoted to Royals today

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 08:16 AM 04-22-2024
Vinne Pasquantino is the next Victor Martinez.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:07 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That’s difficult to imagine.
Ahh, yes.

The fan of the 'most talented young' team in baseball since 2020. All those playoff appearances, averaging 90 wins a season, and STILL haven't achieved more playoff success than the Royals in that same time span. That must hurt.

You should take a lesson from the Royals on how to win when you manage to land the 'most talented elite prospect group' in baseball.

But, alas, you're a Blue Jays fan . . . . . .
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:28 AM 04-22-2024
Royals' pick in Baseball America's just released mock draft.

6. Royals — Hagen Smith, LHP, Arkansas

In terms of strikeout rate and batting average against, no pitcher in the country has been as dominant as Hagen Smith this spring. His 48.3% strikeout rate is tops among qualified D-I arms and so the .136 opponent average he’s posted. Smith allowed three earned runs in his first outing of the year (just one inning against James Madison) and since then he has allowed just six earned runs in 40 innings.

He’s currently generating a 47% miss rate on all of his pitches, sitting 94-96 with his fastball from the left side and batters are hitting just .087/.125/.152 against his slider. He’s a nightmare matchup at the moment.

Potential critiques include the Tommy John survey on his resume, a walk rate that is higher than you’d like for a top-10 pitcher (10.6% this season and 12.7% for his career) and perhaps some questions about what his third pitch is going to be beyond the fastball/slider combo. Even with those, he fits as a tier-one arm in the class. It wouldn’t be shocking if he were the first pitcher off the board.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...or-every-team/
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:35 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This. I can't stand Isbel. He's reminding me of my hate level for a guy like Chris Getz!
I really don't understand why he's part of this team. His Defense is fine, everything else is complete shit. And he runs bases like I imagine a MMA dude would.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:33 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I really don't understand why he's part of this team. His Defense is fine, everything else is complete shit. And he runs bases like I imagine a MMA dude would.
Because CF is a bit of a hole in the entire system. They are basically hoping he can be a Kiermayer type, but you do need the rest of the lineup to basically pick him up.

Ideally he should be a 4th OF late game defensive replacement type but there really isn't anyone else ready to play CF either.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:13 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Ahh, yes.

The fan of the 'most talented young' team in baseball since 2020. All those playoff appearances, averaging 90 wins a season, and STILL haven't achieved more playoff success than the Royals in that same time span. That must hurt.

You should take a lesson from the Royals on how to win when you manage to land the 'most talented elite prospect group' in baseball.

But, alas, you're a Blue Jays fan . . . . . .
Make no mistake, I have no love for this iteration of the Jays. Sadly for you, though, even a mediocre Jays team will annihilate the fraud Royals this series.

It turns out that even if you're in the joke division that is the AL Central you can't play the White Sox every single week.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 61
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up