ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Barr: Trump Tweets make it impossible to do my job
banyon 03:58 PM 02-13-2020
Barr: Trump tweets on cases make it ‘impossible’ to do job
BY MICHAEL BALSAMO ASSOCIATED PRESS
FEBRUARY 13, 2020 03:48 PM

FILE - In this Feb. 10, 2020. file photo, Attorney General William Barr speaks at the National Sheriffs' Association Winter Legislative and Technology Conference in Washington. Attorney General William Barr took a public swipe Thursday at President Donald Trump, saying that the president’s tweets about Justice Department prosecutors and cases “make it impossible for me to do my job.” Barr made the comment during an interview with ABC News just days after the Justice Department overruled its own prosecutors. they had initially recommended in a court filing that President Donald Trump’s longtime ally and confidant Roger Stone be sentenced to 7 to 9 years in prison. But the next day, the Justice Department took the extraordinary step of lowering the amount of prison time it would seek for Stone.
FILE - In this Feb. 10, 2020. file photo, Attorney General William Barr speaks at the National Sheriffs' Association Winter Legislative and Technology Conference in Washington. Attorney General William Barr took a public swipe Thursday at President Donald Trump, saying that the president’s tweets about Justice Department prosecutors and cases “make it impossible for me to do my job.” Barr made the comment during an interview with ABC News just days after the Justice Department overruled its own prosecutors. they had initially recommended in a court filing that President Donald Trump’s longtime ally and confidant Roger Stone be sentenced to 7 to 9 years in prison. But the next day, the Justice Department took the extraordinary step of lowering the amount of prison time it would seek for Stone. SUSAN

WASHINGTON
Attorney General William Barr took a public swipe at President Donald Trump on Thursday, saying that the president’s tweets about Justice Department prosecutors and cases “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr made the comment during an interview with ABC News just days after his Justice Department overruled its own prosecutors — who had recommended in a court filing that Trump’s longtime ally and confidant Roger Stone be sentenced to 7 to 9 years in prison — and took the extraordinary step of lowering the amount of prison time it would seek. The department didn't offer an amended number.

Barr himself has been under fire for the Justice Department action, and Thursday's comment served as a defense of his own integrity. He is a Trump loyalist who shares the president’s views on expansive executive powers.

The remarks, made so quickly after the decision to back away from the sentencing, suggested that Barr was aware the reversal had chipped away at the department's historic reputation for independence from political sway. But he stopped short of acknowledging wrongdoing by anyone.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nati...240277381.html
[Reply]
Donger 05:19 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Prosecutors recommendations were over the top and the Judge was blatantly biased in this trial based on her restrictions and actions during the trial... Stone was charged after an unlawful IC investigation and this is fruit from the poisonous tree... Trump has every right to question the above, however, it may not be helpful. Barr, on the other hand, is making sure that the Durham investigation finality is not tainted by standing up to the President. This is not what the left thinks it is...
Wait, the Mueller investigation was unlawful?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:32 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, you believe it was lawful after they knew they had nothing early on and continued with sham FISA warrants?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:34 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
You should really try getting Trump's dick out of your mouth at least once in your life.
You should try to be right about anything at least once in your life... :-)

You should start another great thread, seriously...:-)
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 05:36 PM 02-13-2020
IN PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!!!!!!!!:-):-)
[Reply]
Donger 05:36 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yes, you believe it was lawful after they knew they had nothing early on and continued with sham FISA warrants?
What makes you think Mueller had nothing? He found plenty.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 05:37 PM 02-13-2020
Very much so, specifically the origins. Beyond unlawful, traitorous.
[Reply]
Donger 05:39 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
Very much so, specifically the origins. Beyond unlawful, traitorous.
:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 06:00 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
You should really try getting Trump's dick out of your mouth at least once in your life.
:-), Lex.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:06 PM 02-13-2020
Look this is the guy Donger called "a Trump Ball Washer", once again Donger is proven wrong and decided to get in on the action proving it. You cant make this shit up :-).
[Reply]
patteeu 06:56 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Then resign
That's the remedy if he encounters something like this that's a deal breaker for him. Trump should work really hard not to put him in that position though.

Barr is the human manifestation of the rule of law defending Trump from the resistance who have no respect for constitution or law.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:58 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It doesn't help Trump either--in this hyper-partisan anti-Trump environment. These seething, spiteful vipers will gnaw at the slightest act by him.

I don't consider it an abuse of power or illegal but his first amendment right. But with freedom comes responsibility as to when it's better to speak or not speak. I can forgive it because he's a novice in such matters. However, I think Barr has to say something.
Perfect post, BEP. Concise, clear, and correct. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 06:58 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Look this is the guy Donger called "a Trump Ball Washer", once again Donger is proven wrong and decided to get in on the action proving it. You cant make this shit up :-).
Errr, he was. Looks like he doesn't want to wash his balls much now.

I realize that this will be too hard for someone like yourself to understand.
[Reply]
F150 07:13 PM 02-13-2020
fuck all. much ado about nothing

dems driving further into the ditch
[Reply]
banyon 07:20 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
**** all. much ado about nothing

dems driving further into the ditch
The Turtle does not concur.

McConnell: Trump 'ought to listen to' Barr's advice on DOJ tweets https://t.co/ReLDVl5GeL

— Bo Snerdley (@BoSnerdley) February 14, 2020

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:05 AM 02-14-2020
And just like that, banyon wants to deep throat Mitch McConnell.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up