Washington DC and The Holy Land>Barr tells Trump to lay off the tweets
Bob Dole 03:56 PM 02-13-2020
Finally someone with some stones..

i'll have to find an actual link.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:31 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Exactly.

Barr has been Trump's lapdog from the very beginning. He told Trump he was going to have to say some things in order to try to make it look like he's not just another one of Trump's servile puppy dogs. This is an orchestrated maneuver that Barr made with Trump's complete approval.

Barr's actions ever since he took office speak a helluva lot louder than the interview he gave today. He's just feeling some heat and he's trying to make himself look better.
I think the extent to which trump does (or doesn't) fire back at a barr will tell us whether or not this is right.

Trump fires back at every single person who hits him. Doesn't matter if they are a war hero, someone who served him faithfully for 30 years, etc.

If Barr is the exception that will be pretty noteworthy.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:41 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It's weird. You would think that Barr would have a conversation with Trump saying "Mr. President, on this issue, I really think the tweeting is detrimental to me and my ability to do my job. My advise to you is to stop tweeting, on this issue at least".

But, maybe he had that conversation and Trump was like..."Thanks for your advice. I'll keep tweeting..."
The whole problem with the tweets from Barr's pov is that it makes it look like Barr might not be making his own decisions. If he tells Trump in private, that does nothing to fix the issue created by the tweets in the current situation. This interview was about Barr reassuring people that DoJ hasn't been and won't be run by Presidential whim on his watch.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:41 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Sounds like a ball washer. :-)
Yeah, Donger really nailed that one.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:43 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Barr just publicly bitch-slapped your president and his boss. That's funny, don't you think?
^^^^ Gets his emotional cues from CNN :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 06:46 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I think the extent to which trump does (or doesn't) fire back at a barr will tell us whether or not this is right.

Trump fires back at every single person who hits him. Doesn't matter if they are a war hero, someone who served him faithfully for 30 years, etc.

If Barr is the exception that will be pretty noteworthy.
Barr made an obvious and sensible statement in the most diplomatic way possible. There's no real reason for Trump to "fire back" at Barr.

His rebuke was mild and it was all about appearances, not about a lack of authority or an abuse of power. He did mention an abuse of power example, but that's not what was going on in this situation.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:07 PM 02-13-2020
Trump's response is basically

"I love you Bill, and I'm thrilled to have you. But I'll tweet whatever the hell I want."

JUST IN: WH reax to Barr interview 👀 pic.twitter.com/vURAvPscBq

— Paula Reid (@PaulaReidCBS) February 13, 2020

Originally Posted by :
Grisham signalled their mutual boss has no intention of altering his presence on social media, which Mr Trump contends allows him to circumvent the American news media, which he considers biased and out to bring down his presidency.

"President Trump uses social media very effectively to fight for the American people against injustices in our country, including the fake news," the top White House spokeswoman said.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9334986.html
[Reply]
BWillie 07:40 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
It's weird. You would think that Barr would have a conversation with Trump saying "Mr. President, on this issue, I really think the tweeting is detrimental to me and my ability to do my job. My advise to you is to stop tweeting, on this issue at least".

But, maybe he had that conversation and Trump was like..."Thanks for your advice. I'll keep tweeting..."
Probably because he knows if he would do so he might get fired. This way if he gets fired, its public record.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:54 PM 02-13-2020
When asked directly if he had a problem with the president’s tweets, Barr responded, “Yes. Well, I have a problem with some of, some of the tweets. As I said at my confirmation hearing, I think the essential role of the attorney general is to keep law enforcement, the criminal process sacrosanct to make sure there is no political interference in it. And I have done that and I will continue to do that,” adding, “And I’m happy to say that, in fact the president has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case.”
Doesn't sound like the "Ball Washer" you were calling him Donger.

Good for him and hope like hell he doesn't quit after the Presidents response.
[Reply]
Donger 07:55 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Doesn't sound like the "Ball Washer" you were calling him Donger.

Good for him and hope like hell he doesn't quit after the Presidents response.
Yep, sounds like he's reached his limit of ballwashing.

:-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:55 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
No, far from it....it’s just bullshit from Barr.

He’s covering his ass because DOJ career prosecutors are standing up to political interference.

Barr had his chance to stand with the DOJ, and he did not, and in the end, will not.

Judge ACTIONS, not WORDS...
OMG, you people are fucking sick. Take your damn meds.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:01 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Trump's response is basically

"I love you Bill, and I'm thrilled to have you. But I'll tweet whatever the hell I want."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9334986.html
I wouldn't be shocked if Barr resigns.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:03 PM 02-13-2020
Yep, sounds like he's reached his limit of unprofessional and unnecessary tweeting.

:-)
Fixed it for you
[Reply]
stevieray 08:27 PM 02-13-2020
ballwashing.
....just like using the word Trumpers, DONger will never apply his bs bias across the board.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:47 PM 02-13-2020
In real News that matters.
Today Mitch McConnell said he plans to have all judicial vacancies filled by the end of the year.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:48 PM 02-13-2020
Well, I guess Barr's going to have to go now. Disloyalty, treason, presidential harassment, something.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up