ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment 2.0: The Roger Stone Chronicles
petegz28 10:16 AM 02-13-2020
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ger-stone-case


:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Oh so he wasn't interfering with another branch IF he did ask them to do something. Just making sure, the DOJ is under the Executive correct? And Trump is the head of the Executive correct?
I have already pointed this out to him.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:59 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Might as well do away with the federal judiciary branch.
Not even remotely the same but just like Donger your opinion on any and all of this is so tainted as to be worthless.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:00 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have already pointed this out to him.
and another thread dongered.

SMDH
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:09 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
and another thread dongered.

SMDH
These idiots are attempting the same argument as before. It's basically yea Trump could have pardoned him, Trump could commute his sentence, but I don't like it if he tried to get him a reduced sentence because he could pardon him or commute his sentence.

:-)
[Reply]
Donger 02:09 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Oh so he wasn't interfering with another branch IF he did ask them to do something. Just making sure, the DOJ is under the Executive correct? And Trump is the head of the Executive correct?
I didn't say that he was interfering with another branch. I said that if Trump did this, he is interfering with the historical independence of the DOJ.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:10 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I didn't say that he was interfering with another branch. I said that if Trump did this, he is interfering with the historical independence of the DOJ.
But that wouldn't be the case if he had just pardoned him or commuted his sentence. :-)

Donger playing Donger games and screaming at the sky.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Oh Donger, playing your little games again.

Can you tell me where its stated the POTUS can't recommend sentencing guidelines to the DoJ?
History shows the the DOJ has been quasi-independent, and for good reason. It has been violated before. See Nixon.

But this is Trump, so you don't care.
[Reply]
Donger 02:12 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
But that wouldn't be the case if he had just pardoned him or commuted his sentence. :-)
That's correct. The decision would have been made without POTUS interfering with the process, and then POTUS would just be exercising his given power per the Constitution.

It's not hard to understand.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:16 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, it isn't clear at all. If Trump had just waited and pardoned Stone, we wouldn't having this discussion. He is given that power per the Constitution.

Yes, it is different. You can tell because one is a pardon and one is interfering in sentencing. The Constitution doesn't give him that power. You, and he, don't get to decide that he can do anything he wants just because he has pardon power.

I'll put you down on being fine if/when the next Democrat POTUS does the same.
Not really interfering with sentencing. At most, "interfering" with the sentencing recommendation.

But most importantly, the constitution does give him that power.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:17 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's correct. The decision would have been made without POTUS interfering with the process, and then POTUS would just be exercising his given power per the Constitution.

It's not hard to understand.
Where was there interference in any of this again? Fucking seriously Donger you are grasping at straws. I am not saying this happened but if Trump called Barr and said holy shit man 9 years does that sound reasonable to you? And Barr said no I'll look into it. You think that's massive leap from Trump commuting his sentence?

You think that's an issue? You think that type of shit hasn't happened before? You are such a rube. You are the one with "because Trump" issues not me.

What if I told you this is more a tactic with Dems trying to discredit Barr before Durham's report comes out?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:19 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Not really interfering with sentencing. At most, "interfering" with the sentencing recommendation.

But most importantly, the constitution does give him that power.
Donger believes he knows this has never ever happened in history before as well. I think you have to be dumber than a brick to think that.

I think Donger failed to listen to anything Dershowitz tried to explain about POTUS powers.
[Reply]
Donger 02:19 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Not really interfering with sentencing. At most, "interfering" with the sentencing recommendation.

But most importantly, the constitution does give him that power.
That's fine. We'll go with that.

Care to point out where?
[Reply]
Donger 02:20 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Where was there interference in any of this again? ****ing seriously Donger you are grasping at straws. I am not saying this happened but if Trump called Barr and said holy shit man 9 years does that sound reasonable to you? And Barr said no I'll look into it. You think that's massive leap from Trump commuting his sentence?

You think that's an issue? You think that type of shit hasn't happened before? You are such a rube. You are the one with "because Trump" issues not me.

What if I told you this is more a tactic with Dems trying to discredit Barr before Durham's report comes out?
We don't know if he interfered or not. Let's find out.

What is more a tactic with Dems trying to discredit Barr before Durham's report comes out?

Again, if you're going to be fine with the next Democrat POTUS doing the same, fine.
[Reply]
Donger 02:21 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Donger believes he knows this has never ever happened in history before as well. I think you have to be dumber than a brick to think that.

I think Donger failed to listen to anything Dershowitz tried to explain about POTUS powers.
I said the exact opposite, actually. No need to lie, is there?
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:23 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Donger believes he knows this has never ever happened in history before as well. I think you have to be dumber than a brick to think that.

I think Donger failed to listen to anything Dershowitz tried to explain about POTUS powers.
I don't see anyone arguing that it's never been done. In fact he acknowledged that Nixon was also guilty of it.

It's scummy, swamp-like behavior that Trumpers would be howling about if it had been Hillary, that's for sure.

And all for Roger Stone. Why?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 38
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up