« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment 2.0: The Roger Stone Chronicles
petegz28 10:16 AM 02-13-2020
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ger-stone-case

:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Independent of influence and interference.
No
[Reply]
Pogue 01:32 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This is yet another temper tantrum from the non-Trumpers. Nothing more.
Right.

That being said, the DOJ should have immediately been purged of Obama holdovers. Another black eye for former AG Sessions.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:36 PM 02-13-2020
If Trump did this, HE created it. Not me.

Will you have the honesty to answer or not?
I have no idea why you still don't understand my opinion on this, I have answered clearly, I'll try AGAIN.

I do not think its possible to be an abuse of power for ANY POTUS to wield any authority that is less than what is constitutionally given to him.

If Trump attempted to influence sentencing guidelines in this case its no different than commuting his sentence a year or 2 or 3 later. He is not doing anything he doesn't otherwise have the power to do anyway so its not possible its an abuse of power.

Is that clear enough for you?
[Reply]
Donger 01:39 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
No
Yes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:39 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
This is yet another temper tantrum from the non-Trumpers. Nothing more.
You would think one day they might read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
[Reply]
Donger 01:43 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I have no idea why you still don't understand my opinion on this, I have answered clearly, I'll try AGAIN.

I do not think its possible to be an abuse of power for ANY POTUS to wield any authority that is less than what is constitutionally given to him.

If Trump attempted to influence sentencing guidelines in this case its no different than commuting his sentence a year or 2 or 3 later. He is not doing anything he doesn't otherwise have the power to do anyway so its not possible its an abuse of power.

No, it isn't clear at all. If Trump had just waited and pardoned Stone, we wouldn't having this discussion. He is given that power per the Constitution.

Yes, it is different. You can tell because one is a pardon and one is interfering in sentencing. The Constitution doesn't give him that power. You, and he, don't get to decide that he can do anything he wants just because he has pardon power.

I'll put you down on being fine if/when the next Democrat POTUS does the same.
[Reply]
Taco John 01:43 PM 02-13-2020
So, let's say that it's proven that Trump called up Barr the Ballwasher (or someone else) and told him to have the sentencing decision reduced.

What say the Trumpers?

I think it's hilarious that anyone thinks that this is even plausible.

This is simply Trump trolling the left. He knew that the DOJ was pushing back on the sentence, and he got ahead of it with a tweet knowing that it would create bad news cycles for the Democrats.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:44 PM 02-13-2020
Leftist Activists are literally ruining our justice system and all Dong can do is scream "Orange Man Bad"...freaking pathetic.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 02-13-2020
No, it isn't clear at all. If Trump had just waited and pardoned Stone, we wouldn't having this discussion. He is given that power per the Constitution.

Yes, it is different. You can tell because one is a pardon and one is interfering in sentencing. The Constitution doesn't give him that power. You, and he, don't get to decide that he can do anything he wants just because he has pardon power.
See Donger this is just your opinion and you have proven without a single shred of doubt that your opinion on anything Trump is worth less than nothing.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:46 PM 02-13-2020

Might as well do away with the federal judiciary branch.
[Reply]
Donger 01:47 PM 02-13-2020
See Donger this is just your opinion and you have proven without a single shred of doubt that your opinion on anything Trump is worth less than nothing.
Actually, it's right t/here:

You can tell because one is a pardon and one is interfering in sentencing.

What makes you think POTUS has the power to decide sentences?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:49 PM 02-13-2020

Who hands the sentencing down the Judge or the DoJ?
[Reply]
Donger 01:50 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Who hands the sentencing down the Judge or the DoJ?
The judge. Why do you ask?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:55 PM 02-13-2020
The judge. Why do you ask?
Oh so he wasn't interfering with another branch IF he did ask them to do something. Just making sure, the DOJ is under the Executive correct? And Trump is the head of the Executive correct?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:57 PM 02-13-2020

Oh Donger, playing your little games again.

Can you tell me where its stated the POTUS can't recommend sentencing guidelines to the DoJ?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up