< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment 2.0: The Roger Stone Chronicles
petegz28 10:16 AM 02-13-2020
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...ger-stone-case

:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:34 AM 02-13-2020
I'm beginning to think Donger is the reincarnated spirit of --

Lord Chief Justice George Jeffreys, 1st Baron Jeffreys of Wem, (1645–1689) a notorious English judge known as the "hanging judge" who issued harsh sentences to all defendants who protested against govt abuse. This lead to the the English Bill of Rights which came up with Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause which later became the Eighth Amendment.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:36 AM 02-13-2020
Yet another example of how all Trump's problems are self-inflicted. Firing Comey and bragging about it, the Ukraine call, now putting himself on the line for Roger Stone (lol), almost every other problem he has... all needless.

Almost all of his political problems stem from the fact that he is either clueless as to what he can and can't do as President, or he thinks he's an emperor and doesn't care.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:37 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Yet another example of how all Trump's problems are self-inflicted. Firing Comey and bragging about it, the Ukraine call, now putting himself on the line for Roger Stone (lol), almost every other problem he has... all needless.

Almost all of his political problems stem from the fact that he is either clueless as to what he can and can't do as President, or he thinks he's an emperor and doesn't care.
Liberals are detached from reality. It is the only explanation
[Reply]
patteeu 11:42 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You don't care that if he did that, it would be a massive affront to the previously "independent" DOJ?

What was your reaction to Bubba having his chat with Lynch?
Fatal flaw
[Reply]
patteeu 11:48 AM 02-13-2020
Well, then you don't care that the DOJ is supposed to be independent from the White House, despite POTUS' power to pardon. And you're fine with setting this precedent for the next Democrat POTUS.
[Reply]
Pogue 11:51 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Yeah, stepped in it there.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:52 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why do you keep creating your own narratives and qualifiers all the time?

Oh yea I know why, that's all you got.
Trump did something very specific and that happens to be the extremely narrow criteria that I consider impeachable! Again! /Donger
[Reply]
Donger 11:54 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:

You keep saying Independent... Please provide proof of the last independent DoJ. I'll wait.........
I actually said this:

DOJ is supposed to be independent from the White House
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:55 AM 02-13-2020
Trump said he did not speak to the DOJ on changing the recommended prison sentence for Stone. He said if he wanted to he could. Big difference.

Since he tweeted his opinion on the matter, this has led to speculation Trump interfered.

“I'd be able to do it if I wanted. I have the absolute right to do it. I stay out of things,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office when asked whether he asked the department to change the recommendation.

"I didn't speak to them. I thought the recommendation was ridiculous. I thought the whole prosecution was ridiculous,” Trump continued. “I thought it was an insult to our country and it shouldn’t happen.”

[Reply]
Donger 11:55 AM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:

I'd like to think it's the former.
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 02-13-2020
Fatal flaw
No it isn't. I'm not defending or approve of either.

Still don't get it, eh?
[Reply]
Donger 11:59 AM 02-13-2020
Independent of influence and interference.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:00 PM 02-13-2020
Trump should just write a new regulation with an EO for the Justice Department the way Obama wrote one just before he left office to permit any federal intelligence agency that lawfully possesses raw intelligence data to share it with any one or more of the other intelligence agencies which was prohibited for generations.

So much of the full independence of the DOJ.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:02 PM 02-13-2020
Fatal flaw
Everyone could witness it as it was filmed and people were there, whereas it is speculation Trump actually interfered with DOJ.
It's the tweet that got him in trouble here. He should have waited to after DOJ was done with it. On second thought, his enemies would still infer that happened.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:03 PM 02-13-2020
Independent of influence and interference.
What are you talking about? The whole thing was weaponized under the Obama administration. DOJ and the FBI.

I can't take you seriously anymore.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up