ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Stone:7-9 years Fed Prosecuters ask
F150 06:03 PM 02-10-2020

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors ask judge to sentence Trump confidant Roger Stone to serve between 7 and 9 years in prison.
-@AP

— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) February 10, 2020

Get the feeling Trump needs to avoid getting anywhere near this.
[Reply]
banyon 03:32 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Did you say something?
Hey I've got fake ignore, I've got fascist, i've got strawman, I was just one "neocon" short of BucEyedPea Bingo. Dammit.
[Reply]
Inspector 03:37 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
I'm no Clinton defender. Have at him for all I care.
Nah, can't. He's a connected democrat. He's protected. Untouchable.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:47 PM 02-11-2020
It's a guidelines sentence.
From the Washington Post:

Originally Posted by :
Federal guidelines typically call for a sentence ranging from 15 to 21 months for first-time offenders convicted of obstruction offenses, such as lying to Congress, making false statements and witness tampering, as Stone was.

The range ratchets up steeply, potentially to more than seven years in prison, if the offense involves other factors such as threatening physical injury or property damage to a witness; substantially interfering with the administration of justice; or the willful obstruction of justice. Each was cited by prosecutors.

A seven- to nine-year term “will send the message that tampering with a witness, obstructing justice, and lying in the context of a congressional investigation on matters of critical national importance are not crimes to be taken lightly,” prosecutors wrote.
So it is not a typical guideline sentencing. The Special Prosecutors wanted to greatly exceed the 15-21 months that is the guideline. Maybe there are factors to exceed the 15-21 months but it is not a forced guideline it was done by an subjective decision that factors exist to increase the guideline. I am sticking to the it seems excessive.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:49 PM 02-11-2020
Good riddance to all of these Mueller prosecutors. 3 down, are there any left?
[Reply]
banyon 03:49 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:

Federal guidelines typically call for a sentence ranging from 15 to 21 months for first-time offenders convicted of obstruction offenses, such as lying to Congress, making false statements and witness tampering, as Stone was.

The range ratchets up steeply, potentially to more than seven years in prison, if the offense involves other factors such as threatening physical injury or property damage to a witness; substantially interfering with the administration of justice; or the willful obstruction of justice. Each was cited by prosecutors.

A seven- to nine-year term “will send the message that tampering with a witness, obstructing justice, and lying in the context of a congressional investigation on matters of critical national importance are not crimes to be taken lightly,” prosecutors wrote.

So it is not a typical guideline sentencing. The Special Prosecutors wanted to greatly exceed the 15-21 months that is the guideline. So no it was not.
Your own post should answer your question there.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:56 PM 02-11-2020
Hey I've got fake ignore, I've got fascist, i've got strawman, I was just one "neocon" short of BucEyedPea Bingo. Dammit.
How about chromosome 21. You got that?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:57 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Good riddance to all of these Mueller prosecutors. 3 down, are there any left?
This.... Hope it leads to much bigger things..
[Reply]
Shields68 04:00 PM 02-11-2020
Your own post should answer your question there.
But that is a subjective determination. To my knowledge no one was physically harmed or threatened. No property damage etc. The substantially interferes in the administration of justice is about as subjective as you can get. Your back to a very broad discretion and not a absolute guideline. The 7-9 years seems very excessive.

The 15-21 months is the mandated guideline and the prosecutor can ask for more if factors exist. But the DOJ can oversee and make sure that recommendation is not being swayed by improper opinion or prejudice. Obviously DOJ disagreed. The DOJ is not saying to not follow the guidelines just disagreeing on the presence of factors increasing the sentence.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:00 PM 02-11-2020

So it is not a typical guideline sentencing. The Special Prosecutors wanted to greatly exceed the 15-21 months that is the guideline. Maybe there are factors to exceed the 15-21 months but it is not a forced guideline it was done by an subjective decision that factors exist to increase the guideline. I am sticking to the it seems excessive.
All for incorrectly recalling whether one used text or emails to contact someone and cracking a joke to a witness. The prosecutors attempt to violate the law.

What fascists these prosecutors are. It's like living in the Soviet Union.
[Reply]
banyon 04:01 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
How about chromosome 21. You got that?
Making fun of Down Syndrome. Classy. :-)
[Reply]
banyon 04:02 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
All for incorrectly recalling whether one used text or emails to contact someone and cracking a joke to a witness.

What fascists these prosecutors are. It's like living in the Soviet Union.
It's just like that!

I mean forget the guy was convicted by a jury, and had the right to lawyers and appeal, I mean SAME THING AS A GULAG amirite?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:02 PM 02-11-2020
But that is a subjective determination. To my knowledge no one was physically harmed or threatened. No property damage etc. The substantially interferes in the administration of justice is about as subjective as you can get. Your back to a very broad discretion and not a absolute guideline. The 7-9 seems very excessive.

The 15-21 is the mandated guideline and the prosecutor can ask for more if factors exist. But the DOJ can oversee and make sure that recommendation is not being swayed by improper opinion or prejudice. Obviously DOJ disagreed. The DOJ is not saying to not follow the guidelines just disagreeing on the presence of factors increasing the sentence.
It was a victimless crime--utterly. It's weaponizing political activity by making it a crime.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:03 PM 02-11-2020
Making fun of Down Syndrome. Classy. :-)
No im not.. Im making fun of you.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:04 PM 02-11-2020
banyon is now virtue signaling about who is classy on a rough and tumble forum.

He is soooooo superior. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:05 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
No im not.. Im making fun of you.
He prefers us to be passive aggressive or covertly hostile which is more his own style. That's classy to him. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 33
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up