ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Stone:7-9 years Fed Prosecuters ask
F150 06:03 PM 02-10-2020

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors ask judge to sentence Trump confidant Roger Stone to serve between 7 and 9 years in prison.
-@AP

— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) February 10, 2020



Get the feeling Trump needs to avoid getting anywhere near this.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:16 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
So Barr is putting his thumb on the scale? Is that what's going on?

If he did not resign, he would have to stand up in court and explain to the judge why the government's position on Roger Stone's sentencing changed one day later.

As a lawyer, he would have an ethical duty to do so truthfully, both in writing and orally. https://t.co/kMjaKpmINK

— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) February 11, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 03:16 PM 02-11-2020
Ah, Barr the Ballwasher.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:17 PM 02-11-2020
Good for Barr.
Someone has to be the grownup in the room
[Reply]
banyon 03:18 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's no crime to be in contact with wikileaks nor is that even worthy of any hearing. If one thinks so, it's fascist. The whole premise of the trial is fake. It all came out of the Stalinist Mueller probe, where no evidence of the Russian collusion was found, so Stone's case is based on no crime found either. It was to buttress the official fiction of Russian interference.

Nothing but a score settling case because Stone is a political operative/trickster that Democrats hate. Even people who disagree with this trial they saw this farce.
This is what a fascist state does to people. It used to go on in foreign countries but has come home to America.
No one said any of this. No it's not a crime to be in contact with Wikileaks. But it is a crime to testify to Congress that you weren't in contact with them when you obviously were and then to try to persuade others to also lie about it.

Asking that people follow the laws of the US is not fascist.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:20 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
So Barr is putting his thumb on the scale? Is that what's going on?
7-9 years seems pretty excessive.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:20 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by :
...Kerri Kupec, a DOJ spokesperson, said on Tuesday afternoon that DOJ officials did not consult with the White House regarding their decision to override the initial sentencing recommendation.

She also said the decision was not a response to the president’s tweet, and that Barr was not aware of Trump’s views before the department decided to override the recommendation. That decision was made last night, she said.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/doj-ov...stone?ref=home
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:24 PM 02-11-2020
God dammit. I want a Barr that washes Trumps balls.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:25 PM 02-11-2020
The fact such a case can be done in broad daylight in 2019 is an all-time, all-time low for America. Entire probe was illegitimate and could only result in process crimes. It doesn't rise to the level of real crimes. It's still promoted based on partisan allegiances who won't break ranks for political reasons -- more so for the left.

Any political associations are treated as criminal. Having a back-channel to a publisher/journalist is a considered a crime or demands a congressional hearing. So if you crack a joke it's admitted as evidence of witness tampering. This is what banyon supports. Yet, he bridles over calling it what it is as ad hom. If Trump jokes about Russians to go look for Hillary's emails it is evidence of hacking. This is what things have come to in this country.

If you look the other way of this abuse of the legal system for political reasons, then you're making a big mistake because then it can happen to you or your side.
[Reply]
Inspector 03:25 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
We weren't talking about voting. We were talking about pardoning people who have been convicted of lying under oath to Congress.
He should serve time. You know, like Bill Clinton did when he was caught lying under oath to Congress.

Just to be consistent and all.
[Reply]
banyon 03:26 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
7-9 years seems pretty excessive.
It's a guidelines sentence.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:27 PM 02-11-2020
Is banyon trying to force his communication on me after what I said about not wanting to continue with him?

Just unbelievable!!!
[Reply]
banyon 03:27 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Inspector:
He should serve time. You know, like Bill Clinton did when he was caught lying under oath to Congress.

Just to be consistent and all.
I'm no Clinton defender. Have at him for all I care.
[Reply]
banyon 03:29 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The fact such a case can be done in broad daylight in 2019 is an all-time, all-time low for America. Entire probe was illegitimate and could only result in process crimes. It doesn't rise to the level of real crimes. It's still promoted based on partisan allegiances who won't break ranks for political reasons -- more so for the left.

Any political associations are treated as criminal. Having a back-channel to a publisher/journalist is a considered a crime or demands a congressional hearing. So if you crack a joke it's admitted as evidence of witness tampering. This is what banyon supports. Yet, he bridles over calling it what it is as ad hom. If Trump jokes about Russians to go look for Hillary's emails it is evidence of hacking. This is what things have come to in this country.

If you look the other way of this abuse of the legal system for political reasons, then you're making a big mistake because then it can happen to you or your side.
Lying under Oath to Congress and tampering with a witness are real crimes. They are still on the books.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:29 PM 02-11-2020
Did you say something?
[Reply]
banyon 03:29 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Is banyon trying to force his communication on me after what I said about not wanting to continue with him?

Just unbelievable!!!
"force his communication on me"?

You were the one who keeps bringing my name up.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 33
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up