ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 33
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Stone:7-9 years Fed Prosecuters ask
F150 06:03 PM 02-10-2020

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors ask judge to sentence Trump confidant Roger Stone to serve between 7 and 9 years in prison.
-@AP

— ALX 🇺🇸 (@alx) February 10, 2020

Get the feeling Trump needs to avoid getting anywhere near this.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:20 PM 02-11-2020
Wow the white house interfered with a prosecutor's sentencing recommendation to help out one of trump's scuzzy buddies?

I'm sure all the people clutching their pearls over that 5 minute tarmac convo between Clinton and Lynch will be up in arms.
[Reply]
Donger 01:20 PM 02-11-2020
Washington (CNN)Top Justice Department officials are overruling their own federal prosecutors who recommended that longtime Donald Trump confidante Roger Stone get up to nine years in prison, a senior department official said Tuesday, in a stunning and politically charged move.

Prosecutors from the US Attorney's office in Washington, who are employees of the Justice Department, had said Monday that Stone should be sentenced to seven to nine years in prison after he was convicted on seven charges last year that derived from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, including lying to Congress and witness tampering.

But on Tuesday, the senior official said that that sentencing recommendation, transmitted to a judge and signed off on by the office's top prosecutor, had not been communicated to leadership at the Justice Department.

The revised sentencing memorandum, which is expected to be filed in Washington federal court later Tuesday, comes hours after President Donald Trump publicly criticized the recommendation, and the move will again raise questions about the Justice Department's independence from political pressure.

"The Department was shocked to see the sentencing recommendation," the official told CNN. "The Department believes the recommendation is extreme and excessive and is grossly disproportionate to Stone's offenses."

Overnight Tuesday, Trump objected to the prosecutors' recommendation, lambasting them on Twitter for what the President called a "horrible and very unfair situation."
"The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!" Trump said.

[Reply]
Donger 01:21 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Wow the white house interfered with a prosecutor's sentencing recommendation to help out one of trump's scuzzy buddies?
You don't know that.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:32 PM 02-11-2020
While you're right I don't know that, I do know that trump publicly complained about the recommendation and then his employees reduced it the next day
[Reply]
Donger 01:35 PM 02-11-2020
While you're right I don't know that, I do know that trump publicly complained about the recommendation and then his employees reduced it the next day
That's correct.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:38 PM 02-11-2020
Sometimes the boss has to be the boss...
[Reply]
banyon 01:56 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
It was very unethical. But vote for whomever you want, it's your call.
We weren't talking about voting. We were talking about pardoning people who have been convicted of lying under oath to Congress.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:59 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
We weren't talking about voting. We were talking about pardoning people who have been convicted of lying under oath to Congress.
Did the recommended 7-9 year sentence seem excessive to you or no? I have no knowledge of the subject.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:02 PM 02-11-2020
Nor does Funyon
[Reply]
banyon 02:04 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Did the recommended 7-9 year sentence seem excessive to you or no? I have no knowledge of the subject.
Two 17-I's plus a couple of other offenses, sounds about right.
Attached: sentencing.jpg (96.3 KB) 
[Reply]
banyon 02:04 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Nor does Funyon
great point Turdsteam!
[Reply]
Taco John 02:05 PM 02-11-2020
It's crazy that Roger Stone is being charged with anything at all here.
[Reply]
banyon 02:05 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
It's crazy that Roger Stone is being charged with anything at all here.
He's not "charged" any longer. He's been convicted by a jury beyond any reasonable doubt.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:10 PM 02-11-2020
I'm sure all the people clutching their pearls over that 5 minute tarmac convo between Clinton and Lynch will be up in arms.

[Reply]
Taco John 02:11 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by banyon:
He's not "charged" any longer. He's been convicted by a jury beyond any reasonable doubt.
Indeed. Ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 33
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up