ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Records show Trump properties lied, charged government far higher rates than claimed
Rent A Troll 12:36 PM 02-08-2020
The next time a Dem is in the White House, I can't imagine how fun it's going to be to throw in your faces about every whiny accusation of corruption that none of you gave any shits at all about Donald Trump paying his own businesses millions of government dollars and lying about it. :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

Originally Posted by :
President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms agents use while protecting him at his luxury properties — billing U.S. taxpayers at rates as high as $650 per night, according to federal records and people who have seen receipts.

Those charges, compiled here for the first time, show that Trump has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government. When Trump visits his clubs in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bedminster, N.J., the service needs space to post guards and store equipment.

Trump’s company says it charges only minimal fees. But Secret Service records do not show that.

At Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club, the Secret Service was charged the $650 rate dozens of times in 2017, and a different rate, $396.15, dozens more times in 2018, according to documents from Trump’s visits.

And at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, the Secret Service was charged $17,000 a month to use a three-bedroom cottage on the property, an unusually high rent for homes in that area, according to receipts from 2017. Trump’s company billed the government even for days when Trump wasn’t there.

These payments appear to contradict the Trump Organization’s own statements about what it charges members of his government entourage. “If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Originally Posted by :
The company did not answer questions about the rates it charges the Secret Service now.

“We provide the rooms at cost and could make far more money renting them to members or guests,” Trump Organization Executive Vice President Eric Trump said in a statement. He gave no details about how the company calculates the “at-cost” price.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump told voters that — if he was elected — he would not have time for travel.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told the Hill in a June 2015 interview. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

But since taking office, Trump has spent more than 342 days — a third of his entire presidency — at his private clubs and hotels, according to a tally by The Post. Trump has said he works during these trips.
Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.
Originally Posted by :
Most of the 103 payments discovered by The Post went to just three Trump properties: the Trump International Hotel in Washington and the president’s clubs at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster.

They showed that Trump had quickly shattered past precedent. Other recent presidents have allowed the Secret Service to use their properties — George H.W. Bush’s compound in Maine, Bill Clinton’s home in suburban New York, George W. Bush’s ranch in Texas — free, according to the Secret Service and spokespeople for those former presidents.
Again, the point here is not to make any of you give a shit, because I know none of you are capable of criticizing your Dear Leader. The point is to simply create a nice little bookmark in time I can point back to and laugh at the next time any of you cry about supposed Democrat "corruption". :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a4e_story.html
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:41 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
Man what a sour puss pussy you are. I’m sure rerun will make sure it’s at low altitude and over a body of water.
trumpers are incapable of owning their shit. just like the man himself.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:44 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
Man what a sour puss pussy you are. I’m sure rerun will make sure it’s at low altitude and over a body of water.
Can we just dump him on the ramp?

Better for the environment.
[Reply]
D2112 10:55 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
trumpers are incapable of owning their shit. just like the man himself.
He’s going to be your president for 5 more years kid. So You better tighten up your britches and go to Walmart and buy some waders and stock up on tissues, cause you’re going to be crying yourself to sleep every night for the next 5 years. Unless of course reerun throws you out of the plane tomorrow.
[Reply]
D2112 10:56 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

You’re very resourceful. Please use your own discretion. Good idea!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:55 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My god you guys are gullible... I just got back from 9 days in Miami. I had a conference at the JW Marriott Turnberry in Adventura. from Tues.-Friday. That hotel was $495 a night and is no where close to as nice as Mar-a-Lago... I've stayed at the JW before in the Summer and it is usually $150.00 less. Also, a 3 bedroom house inside of a luxury golf resort would at least go for $1000 a night, probably more like $1500. $17,000 a month sounds cheap.
The better hotels along Ocean Blvd in Fort Lauderdale are similarly priced at on-season rates. But Trump's resorts charge more along the lines of $2000 a night.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:58 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
...and Cosmos gonna cosmo...

Cosmos complaining about grifters after voting for Clinton. LOL
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:10 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The better hotels along Ocean Blvd in Fort Lauderdale are similarly priced at on-season rates. But Trump's resorts charge more along the lines of $2000 a night.
This was my point... The rate is substantially discounted based on the nice hotels along the beach from Miami through West Palm... They are also lower based on season which in the article appears happened. These rates are discounted but Orange man bad...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:13 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
The article isn't complaining about the prices. It points out how they lie about what they actually charge.
Not really.

Originally Posted by :
“If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Eric is making a relative general comparison when he uses the word "like" to what they charge. Do you know what the housekeeping costs are, especially when SS are there? No you don't. Those details aren't there. But a luxury resort probably has higher costs to maintain.

Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.
This is another case of spinning a narrative to make a strawman by WaPo.
Saves a fortune, compared to what? The cost of Michelle's vacation lodgings?
Trump goes to his homes--where he still does his work--not on vacation.

Again, this is another relative general comparison. It smacks of the FBI trick of interviewing someone who does not have actual records, in this case receipts at hand, expecting them to recall precise details only to get these later to claim they lied. Lying has to be intentional to be a lie. Only in the FBI's case they had them all along, so they could nail a person on perjury. It doesn't mean Eric is intentionally lying. I see this as the same thing.

It's like Trump being in a picture with someone who is bad, meaning he's a good buddy.

Now let's compare Michelle's vacation travel expenses.

You lefties are sad. You have no new ideas. Just recycled ones that failed before.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:27 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This was my point... The rate is substantially discounted based on the nice hotels along the beach from Miami through West Palm... They are also lower based on season which in the article appears happened. These rates are discounted but Orange man bad...
That $2000 is on top of a $200,000 membership fee, plus $15,000 a month too. I posted all this earlier in the thread. The one in NY charges even more.

Details, ALL the material ones that matter including where and when they fall.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:37 AM 02-10-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

If you could find a field of dicks to plunk him down on that would likely be a win-win situation.
[Reply]
Rent A Troll 12:39 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by :
Officials at President Trump’s company maintain that Trump and the firm do not profit when government officials stay at their properties.

“They stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Eric Trump, who runs his father’s company day-to-day, said last year in an interview with Yahoo Finance. He estimated the charge per room was “50 bucks.”

The company also issued a statement to The Post saying: “We charge the U.S. Government simple cost and make zero profit.” It did not explain how it calculates those costs.
Hmm, so what does offering a room "at cost" at a luxury hotel entail? Let's find out!

Originally Posted by :
The biggest cost by far is paying housekeepers. William Frye, a hotel industry consultant who co-wrote the textbook “Managing Housekeeping Operations,” said that the industry rule of thumb was that each housekeeper can clean between 13 and 17 guest rooms per day, spending about half an hour or less on each room.

Frye said the total generally ranges from about $12 in a low-end hotel or $40 or $50 at a luxury hotel. “If we’re talking about a Ritz-Carlton or a Four Seasons, the costs to service a room might be around $40 or $50.”

Other experts said costs could be greater for a high-end property like Mar-a-Lago, an exclusive club in a pricey vacation and retirement destination that lists 34 guest rooms and cottages on its website.

Still, experts said, there was no way it could cost $650 or even $400 to service a room.

“No. That’s not possible,” said Diego Bufquin, a professor at the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management. Even at luxury hotels, he said, the cost of servicing a room should not exceed $80 per night.

“Let’s say that you use the best shampoos, the best soaps, the best conditioners, the best coffee,” Bufquin said. “At the end of the day you may have something approaching $100, if you have the top products in the world in your guest room. . . . I’ve never seen variable costs per room sold at $400.”
And on top of that, the Secret Service is cheaper to take care of:

Originally Posted by :
Victorina Morales, a former Trump Organization housekeeper who cleaned the Bedminster cottage that the Secret Service has rented for $17,000 per month, said that she did not clean the house as regularly as some of the other Bedminster villas because the Secret Service agents tended to be protective of their space. The agents often even took out their own trash.

Morales, who was undocumented, estimated she would tidy up the “Sarazen Cottage” one to three times per week.
LOL! Imagine how ****ing stupid BEP must be to put all her bets on Eric Trump being right about something :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Hey BEP, tell us more about how it cost the Trump Organization $17,000 a month for the Secret Service to stay in that cottage :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...18a_story.html
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up