ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Records show Trump properties lied, charged government far higher rates than claimed
Rent A Troll 12:36 PM 02-08-2020
The next time a Dem is in the White House, I can't imagine how fun it's going to be to throw in your faces about every whiny accusation of corruption that none of you gave any shits at all about Donald Trump paying his own businesses millions of government dollars and lying about it. :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.


Originally Posted by :
President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms agents use while protecting him at his luxury properties — billing U.S. taxpayers at rates as high as $650 per night, according to federal records and people who have seen receipts.

Those charges, compiled here for the first time, show that Trump has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government. When Trump visits his clubs in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bedminster, N.J., the service needs space to post guards and store equipment.

Trump’s company says it charges only minimal fees. But Secret Service records do not show that.

At Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club, the Secret Service was charged the $650 rate dozens of times in 2017, and a different rate, $396.15, dozens more times in 2018, according to documents from Trump’s visits.

And at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, the Secret Service was charged $17,000 a month to use a three-bedroom cottage on the property, an unusually high rent for homes in that area, according to receipts from 2017. Trump’s company billed the government even for days when Trump wasn’t there.

These payments appear to contradict the Trump Organization’s own statements about what it charges members of his government entourage. “If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Originally Posted by :
The company did not answer questions about the rates it charges the Secret Service now.

“We provide the rooms at cost and could make far more money renting them to members or guests,” Trump Organization Executive Vice President Eric Trump said in a statement. He gave no details about how the company calculates the “at-cost” price.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump told voters that — if he was elected — he would not have time for travel.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told the Hill in a June 2015 interview. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

But since taking office, Trump has spent more than 342 days — a third of his entire presidency — at his private clubs and hotels, according to a tally by The Post. Trump has said he works during these trips.
Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.
Originally Posted by :
Most of the 103 payments discovered by The Post went to just three Trump properties: the Trump International Hotel in Washington and the president’s clubs at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster.

They showed that Trump had quickly shattered past precedent. Other recent presidents have allowed the Secret Service to use their properties — George H.W. Bush’s compound in Maine, Bill Clinton’s home in suburban New York, George W. Bush’s ranch in Texas — free, according to the Secret Service and spokespeople for those former presidents.
Again, the point here is not to make any of you give a shit, because I know none of you are capable of criticizing your Dear Leader. The point is to simply create a nice little bookmark in time I can point back to and laugh at the next time any of you cry about supposed Democrat "corruption". :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a4e_story.html
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:25 PM 02-09-2020
My god you guys are gullible... I just got back from 9 days in Miami. I had a conference at the JW Marriott Turnberry in Adventura. from Tues.-Friday. That hotel was $495 a night and is no where close to as nice as Mar-a-Lago... I've stayed at the JW before in the Summer and it is usually $150.00 less. Also, a 3 bedroom house inside of a luxury golf resort would at least go for $1000 a night, probably more like $1500. $17,000 a month sounds cheap.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:51 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
It probably is a tale of two presidents. But under Obama, there was no boom here in rural north Missouri. There might of been a boom in New York City or Chicago under Obama, I can't speak to that. But where I live and breathe, there ain't even a close comparison. I need to ask my parents, but I don't think shit was this good even under Reagan here in my small corner of the world :-)
Do you have economic data to back this up or is it just how you feel
[Reply]
Over Yonder 06:57 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Do you have economic data to back this up or is it just how you feel
I'm just going off of my checking account. Like I said, I need to ask my mother and father if this ever happened back in the day. :-)

I don't imagine there is economic data for podunk Missouri.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 07:28 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
My god you guys are gullible... I just got back from 9 days in Miami. I had a conference at the JW Marriott Turnberry in Adventura. from Tues.-Friday. That hotel was $495 a night and is no where close to as nice as Mar-a-Lago... I've stayed at the JW before in the Summer and it is usually $150.00 less. Also, a 3 bedroom house inside of a luxury golf resort would at least go for $1000 a night, probably more like $1500. $17,000 a month sounds cheap.
The article isn't complaining about the prices. It points out how they lie about what they actually charge.

Originally Posted by :
These payments appear to contradict the Trump Organization’s own statements about what it charges members of his government entourage. “If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.

[Reply]
vailpass 07:37 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Snopes Hammer:
The article isn't complaining about the prices. It points out how they lie about what they actually charge.
This changes everything.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:44 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
This changes everything.
Somebody for the love of Christ above wake up Mueller
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:53 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You ****ed up the Obama boom then. My portfolio is doing great now too, but it still did better under President Obama.

The economy under trump has been good, nothing wrong with being 2nd best of the last two presidents.
Liar
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:13 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I'm just going off of my checking account. Like I said, I need to ask my mother and father if this ever happened back in the day. :-)

I don't imagine there is economic data for podunk Missouri.
While I'm happy for you, I'm fairly skeptical that 1) what you are observing can be attributed to something trump has done 2) it's real rather than confirmation bias.

The simple fact is President Obama added more jobs, had better stock marketgrowth, reduced unemployment further, than trump. I'm sure you're not suggesting that your own anecdotal observations make the case otherwise.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:24 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Liar
Maybe tomorrow you can try to not be a useless human being. Today is out I think but maybe tomorrow will be the day?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:47 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Maybe tomorrow you can try to not be a useless human being. Today is out I think but maybe tomorrow will be the day?
Sorry busy tomorrow.
[Reply]
D2112 10:13 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Sorry busy tomorrow.
If he’s on your plane tomorrow can you have one of the flight attendants push him out of the waste dump?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:27 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
If he’s on your plane tomorrow can you have one of the flight attendants push him out of the waste dump?
:-)
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:29 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
If he’s on your plane tomorrow can you have one of the flight attendants push him out of the waste dump?
Wishing death on those who disagree with you, typical scumbag right wing behavior
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:31 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Wishing death on those who disagree with you, typical scumbag right wing behavior
Who says you will die?
[Reply]
D2112 10:39 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Wishing death on those who disagree with you, typical scumbag right wing behavior
Man what a sour puss pussy you are. I’m sure rerun will make sure it’s at low altitude and over a body of water.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up