ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Records show Trump properties lied, charged government far higher rates than claimed
Rent A Troll 12:36 PM 02-08-2020
The next time a Dem is in the White House, I can't imagine how fun it's going to be to throw in your faces about every whiny accusation of corruption that none of you gave any shits at all about Donald Trump paying his own businesses millions of government dollars and lying about it. :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.

Originally Posted by :
President Trump’s company charges the Secret Service for the rooms agents use while protecting him at his luxury properties — billing U.S. taxpayers at rates as high as $650 per night, according to federal records and people who have seen receipts.

Those charges, compiled here for the first time, show that Trump has an unprecedented — and largely hidden — business relationship with his own government. When Trump visits his clubs in Palm Beach, Fla., and Bedminster, N.J., the service needs space to post guards and store equipment.

Trump’s company says it charges only minimal fees. But Secret Service records do not show that.

At Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club, the Secret Service was charged the $650 rate dozens of times in 2017, and a different rate, $396.15, dozens more times in 2018, according to documents from Trump’s visits.

And at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, the Secret Service was charged $17,000 a month to use a three-bedroom cottage on the property, an unusually high rent for homes in that area, according to receipts from 2017. Trump’s company billed the government even for days when Trump wasn’t there.

These payments appear to contradict the Trump Organization’s own statements about what it charges members of his government entourage. “If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Originally Posted by :
The company did not answer questions about the rates it charges the Secret Service now.

“We provide the rooms at cost and could make far more money renting them to members or guests,” Trump Organization Executive Vice President Eric Trump said in a statement. He gave no details about how the company calculates the “at-cost” price.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump told voters that — if he was elected — he would not have time for travel.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told the Hill in a June 2015 interview. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

But since taking office, Trump has spent more than 342 days — a third of his entire presidency — at his private clubs and hotels, according to a tally by The Post. Trump has said he works during these trips.
Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.
Originally Posted by :
Most of the 103 payments discovered by The Post went to just three Trump properties: the Trump International Hotel in Washington and the president’s clubs at Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster.

They showed that Trump had quickly shattered past precedent. Other recent presidents have allowed the Secret Service to use their properties — George H.W. Bush’s compound in Maine, Bill Clinton’s home in suburban New York, George W. Bush’s ranch in Texas — free, according to the Secret Service and spokespeople for those former presidents.
Again, the point here is not to make any of you give a shit, because I know none of you are capable of criticizing your Dear Leader. The point is to simply create a nice little bookmark in time I can point back to and laugh at the next time any of you cry about supposed Democrat "corruption". :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a4e_story.html
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:43 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rent A Troll:
They got receipts :-):-):-):-):-):-)

Imagine what a ****ing drooler you have to be to put your faith in the word of Eric Trump. The cult of personality is so ****ing deep with these retards that it even extends to believing every word that comes out of the mouth of his idiot children :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
Well, we know how all such claims of evidence go with your side. Lying via omission using sound bytes without the whole story is still what it is.
[Reply]
Donger 02:44 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
1. If $650/night is market rate there is no issue.
2. The same hotel room often has a different rate for different nights and times of the year.
Did you read this?

And at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster, the Secret Service was charged $17,000 a month to use a three-bedroom cottage on the property, an unusually high rent for homes in that area, according to receipts from 2017. Trump’s company billed the government even for days when Trump wasn’t there.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:49 PM 02-08-2020
1. If $650/night is market rate there is no issue.
2. The same hotel room often has a different rate for different nights and times of the year.
It's a luxury resort they're staying in. That price sounds pretty low. My guess is Emoji has only stayed in those low-end places. I checked out Mar-a-Lago around March 2018. It's ocean front property on a millionaires row.

Here's what is omitted--what the SS and govt do to any hotels when the president travels. They drill holes in the walls to install all kinds of security equipment etc. They literally beat the place up. So when they leave, they also pay the hotels for the damage.

There was a guy in the Patriots Planet political forum who was, I think a Marine, assigned to such matters with presidents. What he described was pretty extensive changes to the rooms, that cost money to be brought back to battery after they left.

Trump still donates his salary. So what's the big deal? Is Trump just charging the fee, and not collecting anything to repair walls etc. So much is missing here. It reminds me of the silly claim about the jets that had to refuel or stop in Scotland where they stayed in his hotel. Petty.
[Reply]
Taco John 02:54 PM 02-08-2020
Then impeach him.

Make our day.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:04 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did you read this?

Without knowing rates or specific terms for the specific property it’s impossible to comment. “Unusually high” tells nothing about the specifics in question. Trump not being there doesn’t tell us whether SS needed to be there. If it’s a standard monthly rate occupancy doesn’t matter. Its also possible they couldn’t rent the property to someone else in between Trump’s stays for security reasons.
[Reply]
D2112 03:09 PM 02-08-2020
Did you read this?

The Jersey National golf club charges $32,000 a year membership fee, and that’s by going on memory 15 years ago. Private golf clubs are very very expensive. If members are paying that, why should SS get a discount? They’re working, right?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:10 PM 02-08-2020
Without knowing rates or specific terms for the specific property it’s impossible to comment. “Unusually high” tells nothing about the specifics in question. Trump not being there doesn’t tell us whether SS needed to be there. If it’s a standard monthly rate occupancy doesn’t matter. Its also possible they couldn’t rent the property to someone else in between Trump’s stays for security reasons.
I just looked up what a night at Mar-a-Lago goes for: overnight guests pay $2,000 a night. You have to be a club member.
Originally Posted by :
But it will cost you a fortune: A $200,000 initiation fee to be exact, plus $15,000 in annual dues. Oh, and if you’d like to spend the night, you’ll have to pay an extra $2,000.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/h...o-resort.html/
Trump's target market is the luxury market for rich people.

BTW unlike other “old money” resorts in Palm Beach, Mar-a-Lago accepted Jews, black people, and other minorities as members.

Looks to me that it's a safe conclusion to see this $650 is a steep discount--a bargain. While he doesn't even make the money having a private guest pay to stay in a room.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:11 PM 02-08-2020
Exactly. Especially when his niche market is the luxury market.
[Reply]
Donger 03:12 PM 02-08-2020
Not really. You mentioned market rate. It seems that it's higher than market rate. No?

Yes, USSS does have advance teams, but I'd imagine that this location is pretty well-known.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:14 PM 02-08-2020
You should bitch and moan for another 1000 plus post count.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:32 PM 02-08-2020
Did you read this?

Did you think when you read it?
[Reply]
Donger 03:33 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Did you think when you read it?
Yes.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:46 PM 02-08-2020
Did you read this?

Cost of membership at this resort is $350,000.

I can imagine what the cost is per night at this one even for a member. I've yet to be able to find it though.

It's gorgeous.

https://www.trumpnationalbedminster.com/

Trump has lawyers familiar with how this stuff works with regard to govt who works this all out for him.
Perhaps, the media's complaint and your's should be addressed to those experts.

Lemme me know when you write them a letter.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 03:51 PM 02-08-2020
Then why do they lie about what they charge?

Originally Posted by :
These payments appear to contradict the Trump Organization’s own statements about what it charges members of his government entourage. “If my father travels, they stay at our properties for free — meaning, like, cost for housekeeping,” Trump’s son Eric said in a Yahoo Finance interview last year.
Originally Posted by :
“If he stays at one of his places, the government actually . . . saves a fortune because, if they were to go to a hotel across the street, they’d be charging them $500 a night, whereas, you know we charge them, like 50 bucks,” Eric Trump said.

[Reply]
patteeu 04:03 PM 02-08-2020
Yes.
Did any skepticism enter your thoughts?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up