ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>How Trump's three years of job gains compares to Obama's
Lex Luthor 11:53 AM 02-07-2020
Some interesting statistics on job growth that Trump supporters will claim don't matter or insist are just fake news ...

Originally Posted by :
How Trump's three years of job gains compares to Obama's

President Donald Trump says he is particularly pleased with the jobs created during his three years in office.

"We're producing jobs like you have never seen before in this country," he said during a recent speech in Michigan.

But you don't have to go back far to find three years of better job growth. Just to back to the previous three years under Barack Obama.

During Trump's first 35 months in office, the US economy has gained 6.69 million jobs. But during a comparable 35-month period at the end of Obama's tenure, employers added 7.96 million jobs, or 19%, more than what has been added since Trump took office.

The average monthly gain so far under Trump is 191,000 jobs. During the last 35 months under Obama, employers were adding an average of 227,000 jobs a month.

On Friday, the Labor Department will report January job growth, concluding the first three years of the Trump administration. Economists surveyed by Reuters forecast that employers added 160,000 in January, which would be a bit better than the 145,000 jobs added in December.

The job record under Trump is far better than the job record during Obama's first 35 months in office, when the economy lost 1.2 million jobs. But Obama took office in the midst of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. In the final job reading before Obama took office, the economy lost 783,000 jobs in that month alone. And it continued to lose jobs throughout the rest of 2009 as Obama's economic policies went into effect.

By comparison, Trump took office with the labor market in relatively good shape, with unemployment at 4.7%, and a string of 76 straight months of job gains. The labor market has clearly continued to improve. Unemployment of 3.5% is at a 50-year low now. But it is a continuation of an improving job market, not the turnaround that occurred in the early years of the Obama administration.

And Trump's job record is not unique. A gain of more than 6.7 million jobs during a 35-month period has been common during the 80 years that the Labor Department has counted jobs. There are hundreds of overlapping 35-month periods of better growth on record.

At this point in his first and only term, Jimmy Carter had enjoyed a gain of about 10 million jobs. Employers added 8.5 million jobs during the first 35 months of Bill Clinton's term and 7.6 million jobs during the first 35 months of Lyndon Johnson's tenure, even though the labor force at that time was less than half the size of what it is today.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/econo...son/index.html

Trump keeps telling the Big Lie, and his supporters continue to swallow it, hook, line, and sinker.

To summarize:
  1. Job growth in the last 35 months under Obama far surpassed job growth in the first 35 months under Trump.
  2. When Obama took office, he inherited the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.
  3. When Trump took office, we already had 76 consecutive months of job growth. Job growth declined by an average of 36,000 jobs per month after Trump took office.
  4. During Trump's time in office, the deficit exploded to over a trillion dollars a year, despite the massive GOP tax cuts that were supposed to pay for themselves.

Despite items 1-4 above, Trump continues to tell the Big Lie and claim that the economy is performing far better under him than it has ever performed.

And the members of the Cult of Trump continue to believe it.

[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:23 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Every single poster bitching about Trump's economy in this thread are benefitting from the economic boom and oil renaissance this country is experiencing right now, lol. They're likely the same idiots that stood up and applauded when Bill Maher said he hoped the economy of America collapsed so they could get Trump out of the White House. It's baffling to me how one President could enraged so many to get to a point where they would say such things. It's almost like they've had it jackhammered into their skulls to always, always be looking for a reason to get Trump out of Washington or something. But carry on libs, this thread will be an amazing case study.
The best measure of overall economic growth hasnt been any better than Obama's numbers over the last 3 years.

Anyone praising Trump's economy are benefiting the same under Obama.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:28 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The best measure of overall economic growth hasnt been any better than Obama's numbers over the last 3 years.

Anyone praising Trump's economy are benefiting the same under Obama.
My paycheck and 401K returns says way differently
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:51 AM 02-08-2020
Nothing like the guy who thought that the stock market never had a day where it didn't go up under Obama schooling us all on economics. :-):-)

Obama never had a flat day like that during a so called awesome economic time and he had a lot of record highs as well.

[Reply]
HemiEd 12:37 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
It's brainwashing. Has to be.

No way can any sane person still be trying to ride the libtard dead horse to the finish line.

If anyone comes up with a good name for the horse let me know. I need to dust off my Photoshop skills.
Pretty much every media source but one is towing the liberal/hate trump line. When you hear the same bullshit over and over, you will start to believe it.

Just like in Nancy's speech, she regurgitated the same points you hear from them pretty much verbatim.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:00 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Pretty much every media source but one is towing the liberal/hate trump line. When you hear the same bullshit over and over, you will start to believe it.

Just like in Nancy's speech, she regurgitated the same points you hear from them pretty much verbatim.

And that has been the plan all along - for the last 30-35 years.
[Reply]
Rent A Troll 06:11 PM 02-08-2020

Trump supporter logic is

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:12 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rent A Troll:

Trump supporter logic is

By those calculations, the total direct cost of crisis-related bailouts on a fair value basis was about $498 billion, which amounted to 3.5 percent of gross domestic product in 2009.https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/heres-how-much-2008-bailouts-really-cost
[Reply]
Over Yonder 08:13 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Blame Bill Clinton
Oh I do... I do. Somewhere between 2nd term slick Willie and 9-11 is where I finally seen the Democrats for what they were. I remember reluctantly voting Bush in 2000. By 2004, I voted enthusiastically for Bush and have only voted for a Democrat in a national election once since.

Originally Posted by stevieray:
....and then watch Death by China.
I'm bummed out for my children here. :-) When the Dems flip Texas and take total control of the electoral college, the economic surrender will be quick. I think we are another 10 or so years away from that point, but that's just my guess.

Once Democrats have a firm grip on D.C. and everybody has their free everything, it will come. Somebody's gonna pay the bar tab, free drinks for everybody only lasts so long.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 11:13 PM 02-08-2020
Obamacare made it impossible for many employers to maintain full time employees so they cut hours to comply with Obamacare. Many part time employees had to be hired to fill the hours. Most Americans would consider full time manufacturing jobs that resulted from better tax and trade policy to be better than part time service industry jobs produced by Obamacare, imho.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 05:06 PM 02-09-2020
Why do RWNJs hate America so much???

Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
If it wasn't for federal labor laws and unions protecting the lazy among us, I wouldn't be scared to bump your estimate up closer to 15-18%. I know many people who actually hold jobs who I wouldn't hire to walk my non-existent dog, but they know the system/game and can't be touched.

It's a real black eye to the productive ability of a nation that once could build anything under the sun. :-)
I could not agree more.
Why do you folks and those like you continue to believe this LIE???

:-)

You guys must just believe whatever you read or hear, or you base your perceptions on personal anecdotal "evidence" and the delusional rhetoric of those you get your information from...because you both are speaking nonsense.

Productivity in the United States ranks third in the entire WORLD...we are third largest country in the world, and we rank third in productivity. Of course, larger countries are at a disadvantage because larger sample sizes dilute results, and yet we are THIRD. Only Norway and Luxembourg have higher rates of productivity. The 119th and 169th largest countries.

The next closest? Japan...ranks 11 in population, and 21 in productivity. The closest other large countries with relatively impressive productivity....German, France, and the UK--countries with less than 20-25% of our population...I'll post the productivity chart with relevant links below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...er_hour_worked

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...United_Nations)

Those are the facts.

You need to stop believing real "fake news" outlets...
[Reply]
F150 05:37 PM 02-09-2020
My bet is Mr History teacher has no idea how productivity is measured.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:47 PM 02-09-2020
By those calculations, the total direct cost of crisis-related bailouts on a fair value basis was about $498 billion, which amounted to 3.5 percent of gross domestic product in 2009.https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/heres-how-much-2008-bailouts-really-cost
Rent a troll will surely respond to this post, even if just to acknowledge his error.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:01 PM 02-10-2020
As usual, Trumpers are being lied too and loving it when it comes to wages.

Originally Posted by :
But the operative word here is nominal, which means not adjusted for changes in the cost of living. Once you factor in inflation, the picture changes drastically. And far from representing a “blue collar boom” – as the president put it in his State of the Union address – the real, inflation-adjusted data show most U.S. workers have not benefited from the growing economy.
Originally Posted by :
From December 2016 to September 2019, nominal wages rose 6.79% from $22.83 to $24.38. But after factoring in inflation, average wages barely budged, climbing just 0.42% in the period.
Originally Posted by :
Incorporating fringe benefits into the picture adds another wrinkle.

The inflation-adjusted or real value of fringe benefits, which include compensation that comes in the form of health insurance, retirement and bonuses, declined 1.7% in the three-year period.
https://theconversation.com/real-pay...&ICID=ref_fark
[Reply]
vailpass 12:04 PM 02-10-2020
As usual, Trumpers are being lied too and loving it when it comes to wages.

https://theconversation.com/real-pay...&ICID=ref_fark
Excellent post. These cowards only think they are prospering. But you know their situation better than they do. You bring the truth to these fools but they will be too scared to see it and will collapse under the weight of your total domination.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 02-10-2020
Health insurance is a 'fringe benefit'?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up