ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>How Trump's three years of job gains compares to Obama's
Lex Luthor 11:53 AM 02-07-2020
Some interesting statistics on job growth that Trump supporters will claim don't matter or insist are just fake news ...

Originally Posted by :
How Trump's three years of job gains compares to Obama's

President Donald Trump says he is particularly pleased with the jobs created during his three years in office.

"We're producing jobs like you have never seen before in this country," he said during a recent speech in Michigan.

But you don't have to go back far to find three years of better job growth. Just to back to the previous three years under Barack Obama.

During Trump's first 35 months in office, the US economy has gained 6.69 million jobs. But during a comparable 35-month period at the end of Obama's tenure, employers added 7.96 million jobs, or 19%, more than what has been added since Trump took office.

The average monthly gain so far under Trump is 191,000 jobs. During the last 35 months under Obama, employers were adding an average of 227,000 jobs a month.

On Friday, the Labor Department will report January job growth, concluding the first three years of the Trump administration. Economists surveyed by Reuters forecast that employers added 160,000 in January, which would be a bit better than the 145,000 jobs added in December.

The job record under Trump is far better than the job record during Obama's first 35 months in office, when the economy lost 1.2 million jobs. But Obama took office in the midst of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. In the final job reading before Obama took office, the economy lost 783,000 jobs in that month alone. And it continued to lose jobs throughout the rest of 2009 as Obama's economic policies went into effect.

By comparison, Trump took office with the labor market in relatively good shape, with unemployment at 4.7%, and a string of 76 straight months of job gains. The labor market has clearly continued to improve. Unemployment of 3.5% is at a 50-year low now. But it is a continuation of an improving job market, not the turnaround that occurred in the early years of the Obama administration.

And Trump's job record is not unique. A gain of more than 6.7 million jobs during a 35-month period has been common during the 80 years that the Labor Department has counted jobs. There are hundreds of overlapping 35-month periods of better growth on record.

At this point in his first and only term, Jimmy Carter had enjoyed a gain of about 10 million jobs. Employers added 8.5 million jobs during the first 35 months of Bill Clinton's term and 7.6 million jobs during the first 35 months of Lyndon Johnson's tenure, even though the labor force at that time was less than half the size of what it is today.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/econo...son/index.html

Trump keeps telling the Big Lie, and his supporters continue to swallow it, hook, line, and sinker.

To summarize:
  1. Job growth in the last 35 months under Obama far surpassed job growth in the first 35 months under Trump.
  2. When Obama took office, he inherited the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.
  3. When Trump took office, we already had 76 consecutive months of job growth. Job growth declined by an average of 36,000 jobs per month after Trump took office.
  4. During Trump's time in office, the deficit exploded to over a trillion dollars a year, despite the massive GOP tax cuts that were supposed to pay for themselves.

Despite items 1-4 above, Trump continues to tell the Big Lie and claim that the economy is performing far better under him than it has ever performed.

And the members of the Cult of Trump continue to believe it.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:34 PM 02-07-2020
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Unfortunately, there is a segment of society (those who have been indoctrinated since grade school) who cannot see what is in front of them and if they do, don't care. Actually applaud what is going on.

As I have stated repeatedly, time after time. The end of this country is closer than most believe. It is an irrefutable fact that the left now exists for one reason and ONLY one reason - the destruction of this country as we know it. They will not stop until it is finished and forgotten about.

The scary part of all this? The right in this country see what is happening and stands idly by.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 03:36 PM 02-07-2020
What’s Trumps approval rating on the economy?
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:39 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Have you ever heard the old story "figures don't lie but liars can figure?"

You might want to consider where Obama started, consider it almost ground zero.

Remember the recession? Hell, lots of people were not only out of work, many had even quit looking.

So with all of the Obama bailouts, from that bottom, I would hope like hell he would show some job growth and stock market growth.
You insist upon blaming Obama for the recession that he inherited from Bush. That really doesn't make any sense.

Simple math, if you have 1 and grow it to 2, it is 100% increase. If you start with 6 and grow it twelve, that is still only a 100% increase.
When you compare an average growth of 227,000 jobs per month over 35 months to an average growth of 191,000 jobs per month for 35 months, that's not a percentage difference. That's a real difference. And it adds up 1.2 million jobs.

Of course then you liberals say "Obama created all the momentum and Trump is only continuing that."
The statistics prove it. Trump inherited 76 consecutive months of job growth. Despite all of Trump's babbling and all of his false claims, that fact is Trump's economy over the last 35 months created fewer jobs than Obama's economy over the 35 months that immediately preceded Trump's economy.

Trump has added manufacturing jobs that Obama said would never come back.
He has done it by enabling business and manufacturing to survive and prosper here instead of selling them out to foreign interests.
Are you sure about that?
We just got the latest sign the US is losing manufacturing jobs — the opposite of what Trump's trade wars were supposed to accomplish

The US unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in half a century in September as the economy created jobs for a record 108th straight month.
But in the manufacturing sector, employers eliminated jobs.

While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped deeper into a recession last month.

The US unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in half a century in September as the economy created jobs for a record 108th straight month. But in the manufacturing sector, employers eliminated jobs.

The Labor Department said Friday that manufacturers shed 2,000 jobs last month, adding to concerns about the sector. While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped deeper into a recession last month.

"The most worrying figure in the jobs report is the overall decline in manufacturing employment," said Julia Pollak, a labor economist for the employment site ZipRecruiter. "In 2018, manufacturing workers saw their opportunities expand and their wages rise. In 2019, by contrast, manufacturing workers are worrying about the prospect of pink slips."

The decline in US factory activity has in part reflected a broader slowdown across the globe, a development Trump sought to address as he ignited trade disputes with major trading partners last year. But those moves have put further pressure on businesses, as they raise costs and cast uncertainty on investment plans.

"A big part of the story for the economy as a whole, of course, is the trade war," said Eric Winograd, the senior US economist at AllianceBernstein. "We can see that in the payrolls figures too. Manufacturing has been the hardest-hit industry by trade policy, and, not coincidentally, manufacturing employment has suffered."

The Trump administration plans to escalate tariffs on China and the European Union several times before the end of the year. Hundreds of companies have requested exemptions from the increases, warning that associated costs and uncertainty could hurt employment plans.

In its exemption request, Elkay Manufacturing wrote that "continuing to add tariffs to these necessary accessory products is not protective of U.S. manufacturers, and, in fact, would cause significant harm to the U.S. sink business that Elkay has fought so hard to protect, including the potential loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs."
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-10-1028577666

When business flourishes, they hire people, simple really. Bernie continues to paint the picture of "Evil big Corporations" and just yesterday, Pelosi was berating "big Pharma" that is required to function under guidelines and laws set forth by the FDA.
I'm not even going to attempt to respond to this emotional word salad.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 03:43 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by LOCOChief:
What’s Trumps approval rating on the economy?
It's 100% with the members of the Trump Cult, 0% with people who actually pay attention to what's going on.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:46 PM 02-07-2020
It’s been outstanding. Jobs are plentiful, wages have drastically increased.

Beats the 8 long years of struggle under Obama.

Even better. The police aren’t under 24/7/365 attack anymore.
[Reply]
LOCOChief 03:47 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
It's 100% with the members of the Trump Cult, 0% with people who actually pay attention to what's going on.
Says the Jobless goofball
[Reply]
scho63 05:10 PM 02-07-2020
Is Lex Loser really starting another major thread mocking Trump???

Holy shit this guy is stupidity squared. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:03 PM 02-07-2020
You insist upon blaming Obama for the recession that he inherited from Bush. That really doesn't make any sense.
That certainly is not my intention. If you read my posts, I said Obama started at ground zero. Bush really was a disaster.

When you compare an average growth of 227,000 jobs per month over 35 months to an average growth of 191,000 jobs per month for 35 months, that's not a percentage difference. That's a real difference. And it adds up 1.2 million jobs.
Do you get the part about how many qualified people were available to take a job when Obama inherited that high unemployment? Pretty easy concept.

Now, close your eyes for just a minute and imagine all of those people available to join the work force.

Now once those 7,945,000 fast food workers got a job under Obama, the picking is a little slimmer. So, to still put 6,685,000 people back to work in real jobs, one might assume it is a positive thing.

The statistics prove it. Trump inherited 76 consecutive months of job growth. Despite all of Trump's babbling and all of his false claims, that fact is Trump's economy over the last 35 months created fewer jobs than Obama's economy over the 35 months that immediately preceded Trump's economy.
See above, pretty simple for most people.
Are you sure about that?
We just got the latest sign the US is losing manufacturing jobs — the opposite of what Trump's trade wars were supposed to accomplish

The US unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in half a century in September as the economy created jobs for a record 108th straight month.
But in the manufacturing sector, employers eliminated jobs.

While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped deeper into a recession last month.

The US unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in half a century in September as the economy created jobs for a record 108th straight month. But in the manufacturing sector, employers eliminated jobs.

The Labor Department said Friday that manufacturers shed 2,000 jobs last month, adding to concerns about the sector. While President Donald Trump has pledged to revive factory jobs in the US, that pocket of the economy dipped deeper into a recession last month.

"The most worrying figure in the jobs report is the overall decline in manufacturing employment," said Julia Pollak, a labor economist for the employment site ZipRecruiter. "In 2018, manufacturing workers saw their opportunities expand and their wages rise. In 2019, by contrast, manufacturing workers are worrying about the prospect of pink slips."

The decline in US factory activity has in part reflected a broader slowdown across the globe, a development Trump sought to address as he ignited trade disputes with major trading partners last year. But those moves have put further pressure on businesses, as they raise costs and cast uncertainty on investment plans.

"A big part of the story for the economy as a whole, of course, is the trade war," said Eric Winograd, the senior US economist at AllianceBernstein. "We can see that in the payrolls figures too. Manufacturing has been the hardest-hit industry by trade policy, and, not coincidentally, manufacturing employment has suffered."

The Trump administration plans to escalate tariffs on China and the European Union several times before the end of the year. Hundreds of companies have requested exemptions from the increases, warning that associated costs and uncertainty could hurt employment plans.

In its exemption request, Elkay Manufacturing wrote that "continuing to add tariffs to these necessary accessory products is not protective of U.S. manufacturers, and, in fact, would cause significant harm to the U.S. sink business that Elkay has fought so hard to protect, including the potential loss of U.S. manufacturing jobs."
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...-10-1028577666
I am so glad your example used Elkay, they used to be a very large customer of our company prior to moving everything to China. See, just like you, they don't understand the program yet. Move manufacturing back to the U.S, those logistics problems will get much simpler

I'm not even going to attempt to respond to this emotional word salad.
Because you can't. "Big Pharma", the big bad guy, has to do many years of qualifications, endless restrictions and a low percentage of qualifying new drugs from endless research with a large scientist staff with mind numbing quality controls.

Then, someone in a second rate country copies their drug and makes it cheaper. Amazing how that works.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:22 PM 02-07-2020
Funny how lix the "conservative" is always pining for Barry, when he's not defending Shillary, when he's not being grabbed by the pussy by the CIC.

Last two years have been excellent for my business.

Never better.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:29 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Funny how lix the "conservative" is always pining for Barry, when he's not defending Shillary, when he's not being grabbed by the pussy by the CIC.

Last two years have been excellent for my business.

Never better.
Am I better off than I was 3 years ago? Of course. That's all that matters to the voting public.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:32 PM 02-07-2020
Lex is upset Trump is laying off Vindman and some more ambassadors. That increase in unemployment has Lex worried.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 06:36 PM 02-07-2020
I have said it on here numerous times. I am glad I am retired and not trying to hire people right now as I truly believe that close to 5% of our population is unemployable.

Either they don't have the work eithic or skills.
If it wasn't for federal labor laws and unions protecting the lazy among us, I wouldn't be scared to bump your estimate up closer to 15-18%. I know many people who actually hold jobs who I wouldn't hire to walk my non-existent dog, but they know the system/game and can't be touched.

It's a real black eye to the productive ability of a nation that once could build anything under the sun. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:52 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
If it wasn't for federal labor laws and unions protecting the lazy among us, I wouldn't be scared to bump your estimate up closer to 15-18%. I know many people who actually hold jobs who I wouldn't hire to walk my non-existent dog, but they know the system/game and can't be touched.

It's a real black eye to the productive ability of a nation that once could build anything under the sun. :(
I could not agree more.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:07 PM 02-07-2020

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:16 PM 02-07-2020
:-) at JohnnyHammerstick's post.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up