ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
sully1983 09:51 PM 12-09-2019
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:11 AM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
2. Knives Out (2019)
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Knives Out I'm going to see at 3pm on $5 Tuesday
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Prepare to add it to your list!
Finally saw Knives Out.

It was competent, but fluff.
It was fun. I'm not disparaging it.

But I spent more time reassembling the pastiche of other movies, novels, and network drama episodes it sampled to cobble together the narrative than being bowled over by anything approached Best of Decade.

I can't place it, but I have a distinct memory of it. The central conceit of why, . . . OK let me be circumspect and oblique here to avoid spoilers. . . .

The central narrative conceit that made the blackmail evidence actually completely exculpatory, with the help of a little bit of extrapolation, was directly lifted from an existing narrative.

OK< at this point I can't get any more detailed without spoiling, but I'll try to minimize even behind the spoiler tag. . .

Spoiler!


So clear to me, that I can't get past the mental way station that it must have happened in a Law and Order episode, but it probably happened in something else. Thing is I remember the exposition regarding it being nearly identical.

So now, even after it's over, I'm thinking more about where I've seen that narrative before than the movie itself.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:40 PM 02-08-2020
I’ve GOTTA go ahead and put 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri on my list, still watching it on FX right now... just simply outstanding, this is what real movies look like

Hollywood needs a LOT more of these, and a lot less remakes and tired comic book overkill

edit - WOW what a movie, a tour de force of acting brilliance paired with a gripping script 5/5
[Reply]
scho63 09:27 PM 02-08-2020
Originally Posted by TipRoast:
The Finest Hours

I first saw Chris Pine in the Star Trek reboot.

Then this movie.

And then in Wonder Woman, and then again in Hell Or High Water.

The man can act.

That dude can act! Never realized how great he is. Great call! POS REP for you. :-)

[Reply]
Bowser 07:34 PM 02-09-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Smokin' Aces. He is incredible.
The Tremor Brothers, lol
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:11 PM 02-10-2020
First Man
[Reply]
FanXiche 02:09 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
Blade Runner 2049 is so good.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:40 PM 02-12-2020
How do we feel about Winter's Bone? (that's what she said). I forgot about that movie until it popped up on HBO the other day. I really liked that one.

It portrayed a certain world without commenting on it one way or the other. One of the few movies I watched all the way through without checking emails, etc.
[Reply]
banecat 04:15 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by FanXiche:
Blade Runner 2049 is so good.
Yes. Hope that they continue the story
[Reply]
banecat 04:16 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
How do we feel about Winter's Bone? (that's what she said). I forgot about that movie until it popped up on HBO the other day. I really liked that one.

It portrayed a certain world without commenting on it one way or the other. One of the few movies I watched all the way through without checking emails, etc.
Great film. Top ten is a probably. Top fifteen for sure
[Reply]
vailpass 05:05 PM 02-12-2020
Originally Posted by banecat:
Great film. Top ten is a probably. Top fifteen for sure
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:10 PM 02-13-2020
Just watched Brightburn other night really good and it's probably one of my favorites now
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 02-13-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Just watched Brightburn other night really good and it's probably one of my favorites now
Very underrated movie, that kid is an excellent actor in spite of his age and the dad was really good too
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up