ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Fox: US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe...
Just Passin' By 11:41 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by :
US attorney recommends proceeding with charges against McCabe, as DOJ rejects last-ditch appeal

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but the department rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation...
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...t-ditch-appeal
[Reply]
Pogue 06:05 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Conspiring with a foreign enemy will always be a much bigger deal than whatever the hell Bill and Lynch were doing on a runway. It's not even a debate, so my point still stands.

[Reply]
Donger 06:08 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Yeah, ultimately because the charges were questionable and frivolous and likely wouldn't stick even if he tried.
Here you go:

Mueller declined to prosecute for two reasons.

First, he said he was concerned the government could not prove Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort "were familiar with the foreign-contribution ban or the application of federal law to the relevant factual context."

Second, Mueller believes the government might encounter difficulty in determining the value of a contribution that took the form of factual derogatory information.

Happy to correct you, as always.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:19 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Here you go:

First, he said he was concerned the government could not prove Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort "were familiar with the foreign-contribution ban or the application of federal law to the relevant factual context."

Second, Mueller believes the government might encounter difficulty in determining the value of a contribution that took the form of factual derogatory information.

So yeah, Mueller let them use that excuse to get off :-)

For the first time in modern law practice, ignorance of the law was a valid excuse... get your leather jacket on before jumping the shark, Fonzi
[Reply]
Donger 06:22 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So yeah, Mueller let them use that excuse to get off :-)

For the first time in modern law practice, ignorance of the law was a valid excuse... get your leather jacket on before jumping the shark, Fonzi
Perhaps you've forgotten what TJ claimed? If so:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting dirt on a political opponent from anyone, including a foreign rival.

Yes, there is. There absolutely is. I'm saying no more than that correction here.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 06:24 PM 09-12-2019

It's Extremely rare for Grand Juries to vote not indict; and doing so would leave the US Attorney in DC in a very tough predicament. Going to a new GJ would likely involve witnesses being called again. Not doing so/getting an indictment seems politically treacherous.

— Katie Benner (@ktbenner) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:31 PM 09-12-2019
and what does Drew Lock's career have to do with this glory
You didn't hang yourself just because I told you that Drew would be playing on Sundays (because of his awesome coaches when he was a kid), did you?
[Reply]
patteeu 06:32 PM 09-12-2019
Here you go:

It wouldn't be the first time an overzealous prosecutor ran afoul of the constitution. As far as I know, it *would* be the first time someone tried to apply the law in that way. But then, in the end, Mueller is just talking, knowing that his aggressive theory won't be applied so it won't be tested.
[Reply]
Donger 06:43 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It wouldn't be the first time an overzealous prosecutor ran afoul of the constitution. As far as I know, it *would* be the first time someone tried to apply the law in that way. But then, in the end, Mueller is just talking, knowing that his aggressive theory won't be applied so it won't be tested.
I suppose I missed where Mueller chose not to charge Lyin' Junior because this law wasn't applicable due to First Amendment considerations.

Anyway:

Perhaps you've forgotten what TJ claimed? If so:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting dirt on a political opponent from anyone, including a foreign rival.

Yes, there is. There absolutely is. I'm saying no more than that correction here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:44 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You didn't hang yourself just because I told you that Drew would be playing on Sundays (because of his awesome coaches when he was a kid), did you?
Well he hasn't taken a single snap on a Sunday, so maybe next year :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 06:44 PM 09-12-2019
I suppose I missed where Mueller chose not to charge Lyin' Junior because this law wasn't applicable due to First Amendment considerations.
I guess you didn't understand my post.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:47 PM 09-12-2019
Well he hasn't taken a single snap on a Sunday, so maybe next year :-)
With what I saw last week, it might be sooner than that. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 06:49 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I guess you didn't understand my post.
Sure I did. You are claiming that Mueller was an over-zealous prosecutor for looking at what Lyin' Junior did and how it pertains to that law.

Forgive me, but I'll side with him and his team in agreeing that just because they chose not to charge, doesn't need equal "there's nothing wrong with it" like you and TJ believe.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:52 PM 09-12-2019
Where would you draw the line, Donger?

Would a political candidate be violating that law if she had lunch with a foreign national brother-in-law who passed on a helpful rumor about the candidate's opponent during small talk?
[Reply]
patteeu 06:54 PM 09-12-2019
Sure I did. You are claiming that Mueller was an over-zealous prosecutor for looking at what Lyin' Junior did and how it pertains to that law.

Forgive me, but I'll side with him and his team in agreeing that just because they chose not to charge, doesn't need equal "there's nothing wrong with it" like you and TJ believe.
No, I guess you didn't. I'm saying that Mueller's theory is aggressive and untested (and wrong). Referring to Mueller's theory as proof of his theory is circular. You can disagree with TJ (and me), but you can't prove him (us) wrong by pointing to what Mueller says.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:56 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
With what I saw last week, it might be sooner than that. :-)
he was placed on the IR before final cuts. literally not possible.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up