ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>High court allows use of Pentagon funds for border wall
Bwana 04:55 PM 07-26-2019
WASHINGTON (AP) ó The Supreme Court has cleared the way for the Trump administration to tap Pentagon funds to build sections of a border wall with Mexico.

The Supreme Court said Friday that it would lift a freeze on the money put in place by a lower court. The Supreme Court's action means the Trump administration can tap the funds and begin work on four contracts it has awarded. Four liberal justices wouldn't have allowed construction to start.

A trial court initially froze the funds in May and an appeals court kept that freeze in place earlier this month. The freeze had prevented the government from tapping approximately $2.5 billion in Defense Department money to replace existing sections of barrier in Arizona, California and New Mexico with more robust fencing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAEVml6
[Reply]
banecat 11:18 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Itís being built nonetheless, thatís a win for the nation

Go sulk in the corner little man
How is the world's largest not welcome sign a win?
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:20 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Unless the Kavanaugh/Roberts duo decides to play more games with the Constitution, Obamacare is dead the moment the current lawsuit regarding its constitutionality gets to the SCOTUS, because the mandate's penalty apparatus been pulled, and the already lame rationale for pretending it was Constitutional is now gone.
I hope you are right.:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:21 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I forgot to answer this part:

No, he has started a war with Iran

That's a lie
[Reply]
vailpass 11:21 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Meh, that's not very libertarian of us
May there always be a libertarian streak in Americans.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:28 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Unless the Kavanaugh/Roberts duo decides to play more games with the Constitution, Obamacare is dead the moment the current lawsuit regarding its constitutionality gets to the SCOTUS, because the mandate's penalty apparatus been pulled, and the already lame rationale for pretending it was Constitutional is now gone.
That's true. I forgot all about that. I guess the key word here is "unless." So we'll have to see.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:31 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
How is the world's largest not welcome sign a win?
Theyíre all more than welcome to apply through the proper channels
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I'm pretty sure Trump told us Mexico was going to build the wall.

I guess that was Lie #10,643.
Check back when Mexico becomes the next "safe third country asylum" signee.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:34 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
How is the world's largest not welcome sign a win?
Border control is a win for anyone who wants to have a country.
[Reply]
banecat 11:45 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
May there always be a libertarian streak in Americans.
Nah. Ya know what they say about them folks. Born on third base and actin' like they hit a triple
[Reply]
banecat 11:46 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Border control is a win for anyone who wants to have a country.
Just like tartar control is a win for anyone that wants a healthy smile
[Reply]
Bowser 11:46 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Border control is a win for anyone who wants to have a country.
I have no idea why this is such a hard concept for anyone on this planet living in an industrialized state to understand.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:49 AM 07-27-2019
I wonder how fast the wall would go up if democrats thought that illegals would vote for Republicans. Tough week for Liberals. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 11:51 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I wonder how fast the wall would go up if democrats thought that illegals would vote for Republicans. Tough week for Liberals. :-)
It would have been completed from Pacific to the Gulf under Obama's watch if that were the case.
[Reply]
seamonster 11:53 AM 07-27-2019
Democrats want a no-borders sancturary country + free healthcare for everybody. Let that moronic idea sink in.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:03 PM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It would have been completed from Pacific to the Gulf under Obama's watch if that were the case.
Not only that, we would have a third of our military forces on the border with shoot to kill orders for the ones that manage to beat the wall. You can bet the farm on it :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up