ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>High court allows use of Pentagon funds for border wall
Bwana 04:55 PM 07-26-2019
WASHINGTON (AP) ó The Supreme Court has cleared the way for the Trump administration to tap Pentagon funds to build sections of a border wall with Mexico.

The Supreme Court said Friday that it would lift a freeze on the money put in place by a lower court. The Supreme Court's action means the Trump administration can tap the funds and begin work on four contracts it has awarded. Four liberal justices wouldn't have allowed construction to start.

A trial court initially froze the funds in May and an appeals court kept that freeze in place earlier this month. The freeze had prevented the government from tapping approximately $2.5 billion in Defense Department money to replace existing sections of barrier in Arizona, California and New Mexico with more robust fencing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAEVml6
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:50 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Not quite. There is still repeal and/or replace Obamacare. That is a biggie to me. Maybe not a deal breaker, but a biggie nonetheless.
This is huge for me as well. Dems will fight this to the end because it is Obama's entire legacy as president. It is a horrible failed policy but what else did he do- "Cash for Clunkers!" 8 years and if cash for clunkers is the only thing he has to stand on, that will be pretty pitiful.

Obama is proud of fucking us on the insurance- that is his legacy and shining achievement. Trump is probably going to have to make this his focus on his second term. A complete overhaul and free health care for every American Citizen.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:52 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This is huge for me as well. Dems will fight this to the end because it is Obama's entire legacy as president. It is a horrible failed policy but what else did he do- "Cash for Clunkers!" 8 years and if cash for clunkers is the only thing he has to stand on, that will be pretty pitiful.

Obama is proud of ****ing us on the insurance- that is his legacy and shining achievement. Trump is probably going to have to make this his focus on his second term. A complete overhaul and free health care for every American Citizen.
I doubt this will happen, since it requires Congress and so far they've shown no real will to repeal it even when both chambers were held by Republicans. The pander to their base in public as do the Democrats. Our govt basically sucks. It's tough getting something like this out of the system once implemented. I would like to be wrong, but this is how it looks to me right now.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:53 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Never thought that the right would become so authoritarian
What you think of as authoritarian is a requirement of liberty and civil order from which the successful implementation of you benefit every day and in the absence of which you would suffer greatly.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:54 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This is huge for me as well. Dems will fight this to the end because it is Obama's entire legacy as president. It is a horrible failed policy but what else did he do- "Cash for Clunkers!" 8 years and if cash for clunkers is the only thing he has to stand on, that will be pretty pitiful.

Obama is proud of ****ing us on the insurance- that is his legacy and shining achievement. Trump is probably going to have to make this his focus on his second term. A complete overhaul and free health care for every American Citizen.
That would be pretty popular I'd imagine. He'd lose me quicker than a pizza at a weight watchers convention, but my 6 votes are easily replaced unfortunately :-)
[Reply]
banecat 10:57 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
What you think of as authoritarian is a requirement of liberty and civil order from which the successful implementation of you benefit every day and in the absence of which you would suffer greatly.
Ah. Sorry. I'll just sit back and enjoy my benefit
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:59 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I doubt this will happen, since it requires Congress and so far they've shown no real will to repeal it even when both chambers were held by Republicans. The pander to their base in public as do the Democrats. Our govt basically sucks. It's tough getting something like this out of the system once implemented. I would like to be wrong, but this is how it looks to me right now.
I'd say you're correct. Plus, the public has already moved on I think. I could be wrong on that, but it just seems like you don't hear anything at all about it any more. The American public has a very short attention span. If they are not repeatedly reminded about something, they tend to forget rather quickly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:00 AM 07-27-2019
The vote was too close for comfort, we need another conservative in there
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:02 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So if Trump gets his wall- that is pretty much his last election promise fulfilled, correct?
I forgot to answer this part:

No, he has started a war with Iran beginning with Siege Warfare when the people also die from starvation and lack of medicine instead of bombs; now is building up our military on Holy Lands in Saudi Arabia, which was one of the motives behind BL attacking America in the 90's , increased terrorism and brought it to our shores; is leaving troops in Syria, has even built a new base and will leave some troops in Afghanistan to monitor it; threatened Venezuela with our military and is still committed to regime change there through other means. So he has not stayed out of wars for globalism as promised.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:05 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
They have nothing to lose by keeping the case going they might as well unless the left has other cards to play which I don't foresee.
They have prestige to lose, not that such a loss has seemed to bother the 9th in the past. The SCOTUS signaled that this was a loser for the plaintiffs, without actually making the final ruling. If the 9th tries to force the case back to the SCOTUS, and doesn't come up with some persuasive new method of putting the plaintiffs into the right with regards to even bringing the case, the SCOTUS will bitch slap the 9th, yet again, and probably a lot harder.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:05 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
High court allows use of Pentagon funds for border wall
I'm pretty sure Trump told us Mexico was going to build the wall.

I guess that was Lie #10,643.
[Reply]
banecat 11:09 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I was told Mexico was going to build the wall.
I actually got a check in the mail from the Mexican government for eleventy billion dollars. It said wall in the memo. As soon as I figure out which federal address to send it to, it'll be on the way to Washington
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:10 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Not quite. There is still repeal and/or replace Obamacare. That is a biggie to me. Maybe not a deal breaker, but a biggie nonetheless.
Unless the Kavanaugh/Roberts duo decides to play more games with the Constitution, Obamacare is dead the moment the current lawsuit regarding its constitutionality gets to the SCOTUS, because the mandate's penalty apparatus been pulled, and the already lame rationale for pretending it was Constitutional is now gone.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:12 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Ah. Sorry. I'll just sit back and enjoy my benefit
Concerts, sporting events, movie theaters, freeway onramps, secured borders. These are all examples of controlled access from which we benefit.
[Reply]
banecat 11:13 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Concerts, sporting events, movie theaters, freeway onramps, secured borders. These are all examples of controlled access from which we benefit.
Meh, that's not very libertarian of us
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:16 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I'm pretty sure Trump told us Mexico was going to build the wall.

I guess that was Lie #10,643.
Itís being built nonetheless, thatís a win for the nation

Go sulk in the corner little man
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up