ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>High court allows use of Pentagon funds for border wall
Bwana 04:55 PM 07-26-2019
WASHINGTON (AP) ó The Supreme Court has cleared the way for the Trump administration to tap Pentagon funds to build sections of a border wall with Mexico.

The Supreme Court said Friday that it would lift a freeze on the money put in place by a lower court. The Supreme Court's action means the Trump administration can tap the funds and begin work on four contracts it has awarded. Four liberal justices wouldn't have allowed construction to start.

A trial court initially froze the funds in May and an appeals court kept that freeze in place earlier this month. The freeze had prevented the government from tapping approximately $2.5 billion in Defense Department money to replace existing sections of barrier in Arizona, California and New Mexico with more robust fencing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAEVml6
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:39 PM 07-26-2019
Wonderful!!! :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 10:15 PM 07-26-2019
This result was obvious imo. Iím kind of shocked they didnít get support for this decision from some of the liberal justices.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:39 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
'One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the wall" - Donald John Trump - Pentagon funds are apparently the "other" way. :-)
Do you politics much?

You do understand politicians sometimes stretch the truth a bit, even fib a bit if you will. I remember back when one of our politicians even promised we could keep our doctor if we wanted to. Or you have to pass it to see whats in it.Elections have consequences, or lots of other neat stuff like that.

I'm not against calling out politicians for such tactics, but I can assume you will do it in a bipartisan matter, correct?
[Reply]
neech 05:16 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
This result was obvious imo. Iím kind of shocked they didnít get support for this decision from some of the liberal justices.
The liberal justices quake in fear of the liberals berating them publicly and behind closed doors. Remember if you're a Democrat you have to fall in lock step with their ideology or you will be chastened and possibly outcast.
In this case the latter won't happen under Trumps presidency. Their lives have mercifully been spared.
[Reply]
neech 05:42 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Given the following from the court's ruling

it will be interesting to see whether or not the 9th decides to double down, and risk getting slapped by the SCOTUS again, by keeping this case going.
They have nothing to lose by keeping the case going they might as well unless the left has other cards to play which I don't foresee.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:18 AM 07-27-2019
You would have thought this was President Trump talking.

HILLARY CLINTON.........Nov. 9, 2015
  1. "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a BARRIER to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in,"
  2. "And I do think you have to control your borders."
BARRACK OABAMA ...........2005
  1. "We need to PUNISH employers who hire ILLEGALS"
  2. "They show DISRESPECT for the Rule Of Law"
  3. "We simply CANNOT allow people to enter America, UNDETECTED, UNDOCUMENTED, and UNCHECKED!
CHUCK SCHUMER ........ 2009

People who enter the United States without our permission are illegal aliens, and illegal aliens should "NOT" be treated the same as people who entered the U.S. legally.
[Reply]
banecat 07:22 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
You would have thought this was President Trump talking.

HILLARY CLINTON.........Nov. 9, 2015
  1. "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a BARRIER to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in,"
  2. "And I do think you have to control your borders."
BARRACK OABAMA ...........2005
  1. "We need to PUNISH employers who hire ILLEGALS"
  2. "They show DISRESPECT for the Rule Of Law"
  3. "We simply CANNOT allow people to enter America, UNDETECTED, UNDOCUMENTED, and UNCHECKED!
CHUCK SCHUMER ........ 2009

People who enter the United States without our permission are illegal aliens, and illegal aliens should "NOT" be treated the same as people who entered the U.S. legally.
Barrier means giant wall costing billions of dollars?

Now Obama's not a liar?

Chuck must have been drunk?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:43 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Barrier means giant wall costing billions of dollars?
Barrier means barrier. Different applications that best fit the geographic and logistical requirements for each unique location. Applications include walls, fences, electronic and ordnance based deterrents, computer based surveillance, manned and unmanned aerial surveillance, and other methods.

In controlling ingress and egress a barrier that effectively limits, directs, and controls access points is a fundamental requirement whether itís a subway, a concert, an embassy, or a border section.
[Reply]
banecat 10:20 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Barrier means barrier. Different applications that best fit the geographic and logistical requirements for each unique location. Applications include walls, fences, electronic and ordnance based deterrents, computer based surveillance, manned and unmanned aerial surveillance, and other methods.

In controlling ingress and egress a barrier that effectively limits, directs, and controls access points is a fundamental requirement whether itís a subway, a concert, an embassy, or a border section.
Never thought that the right would become so authoritarian
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:26 AM 07-27-2019
So if Trump gets his wall- that is pretty much his last election promise fulfilled, correct?

It will be hard for Dems to run on a platform of Higher Taxes, Higher Unemployment and Open borders with free Everything for Illegals.
[Reply]
banecat 10:27 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So if Trump gets his wall- that is pretty much his last election promise fulfilled, correct?

It will be hard for Dems to run on a platform of Higher Taxes, Higher Unemployment and Open borders with free Everything for Illegals.
I did not know that was their platform
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:29 AM 07-27-2019

Not quite. There is still repeal and/or replace Obamacare. That is a biggie to me. Maybe not a deal breaker, but a biggie nonetheless.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:39 AM 07-27-2019

To my knowledge, it's for 100 miles of wall. It's a start—but more is needed. This is what, $2.5 he can spend for a wall that will cost about $32-38 Billion. Guess Mehico ain't gonna pay for it though. We are. Tho' I don't see how he can implement that on Mehico since they are allowing the asylum claims to be done there for now.

There's more to do to stop caravans and the border storming that he can needs to do and can do NOW, using his declared Emergency powers.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:46 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
I did not know that was their platform
How can you not know that at this point? I mean, Cory Bookeracus and Pete Buttplug have both walked with migrants across the border......

Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Not quite. There is still repeal and/or replace Obamacare. That is a biggie to me. Maybe not a deal breaker, but a biggie nonetheless.
Yes, 100% agreed
[Reply]
banecat 10:48 AM 07-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How can you not know that at this point? I mean, Cory Bookeracus and Pete Buttplug have both walked with migrants across the border......

Yes, 100% agreed
That must mean that they're planning on replacing every single American with a foreigner. I'm tired of it. We need more Francoism
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up