ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is the conservative position on student loans?
NJChiefsFan27 08:59 AM 05-24-2019
Specifically two things.

1. Is there a problem with the way things are done currently?

2. If you believe the status quo is not working, what should be done from a policy perspective to address it?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:09 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just go away.
Nah. Maybe you should leave and let mature adults who can thoughtfully express their opinions contribute though.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:09 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I'm sure your message of telling everybody who has any problems with the current system to **** off is going to win a lot of elections in the future. :-)
It's like you enjoy being the pivot in the middle of a bukake wheel.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:11 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
A bank would say no.

Currently it should be,
You want to major in something with little to no chance of a return? No.
You want to change your major? Not until approved.
You want to learn a trade? Sign right here.
Nursing school? Sign right here.

It's simple supply and demand economics, or it should be. Cut off the ignorant amount of "free" funding and colleges would admit a lot of their products are based on blue sky and bullshit. As it is now they have free reign to pump and dump kids at the rates they are because they're sucking on the government guaranteed tit. Loans shouldn't be handed out as if they are participation ribbons.
exactly
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:12 AM 05-24-2019
Yes it is.

And that's exactly what's going to happen.

All this free college and student loan forgiveness are just far left political pipedreams.

Kiss it all goodbye in 2020.
It's laughable that you're worked up about things like rehab or social programs, but shrug off paying tens in thousands in prison costs.

More trade workers means better infrastructure and less need for immigrant labor
More educated citizens means less crime, more tax revenue, and less consumption of government services

This isn't a simple world where slashing money saves money. It doesnt mean whack job ideas like free education for all. But ignoring people creates a hell of a lot more problems than it solves.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:12 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am a big supporter of a national service program. If you serve your country in a recognized service organization than for each year you serve your college is paid for.
Generally I agree. As always the devils in the details. I donít want to reward people who serve starving Africans the same level I want to reward people who put on the uniform. Not equivalent.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:13 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
exactly
You wanted private loans to be guaranteed, though. Do you not see how those ideas can not co exist?
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:15 AM 05-24-2019
Sounds like you won the game of social darwinism. You piece of shit.
This makes no sense.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:15 AM 05-24-2019
Of course I am not saying both groups are equivalent. It is bizarre that you would think I am making that argument. The point was that his government philosophy of "**** you, take some responsibility for your own life decisions" starts to unravel pretty quickly and could even be used against groups and people that you support.

But to use the personal responsibility for ones choices, those signing up for the military are told that if they are injured the country will take care of them. Their choice was to serve with that understanding. The government is backing out of the deal on not taking care of the vets.

Those going to college are told if you borrow you have to pay it back. You need to make sure you put the money to good use to increase your income so you can afford to pay it back.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:15 AM 05-24-2019
You wanted private loans to be guaranteed, though. Do you not see how those ideas can not co exist?

They coexisted for years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:16 AM 05-24-2019
I'm sure your message of telling everybody who has any problems with the current system to **** off is going to win a lot of elections in the future. :-)
Seems to be working well for Trump.

Go piss up a rope, communist.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This makes no sense.
Neither does giving people free shit for votes but the dems just keep doubling down on promises they could never keep, resulting in shit-for-brains starting threads about their pipe dreams.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:22 AM 05-24-2019
To the people who buy the personal responsibility argument, how do you feel about military veterans who have developed PTSD and various mental illnesses and have difficult getting employment or housing after they come home? I assume you also take the position that signing up for the military was a bad personal decision and we shouldn't do anything to help them.
My position is, they served their country. They did a job/service for me and you that we were to lazy, scared, unmotivated, etc. ect. to do. They preformed this duty, we as a nation at this point owe them. In my book, they are taken care of for life. Loaning a student money blindly before they have ever done crap then automatically expecting a bailout when they fall flat on their face are two ENTIRELY different conversations.

But a point I have seen touched on here is parental pressure. That is a real thing. A buddy of my brother pushed and pressured his daughter to go to school to be a lawyer. She didn't want to, but they pushed and pressured and she did it. She eventually failed out, but she did win a nice student loan debt as a consolation prize. Bad parenting IMO. Too many people think their little Johnny and Suzie are the smartest people to walk the face of the Earth. Love 'em or not, some people just ain't college material.

That is not the government's fault :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:23 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Generally I agree. As always the devils in the details. I donít want to reward people who serve starving Africans the same level I want to reward people who put on the uniform. Not equivalent.

Yeah I was thinking more of line of service here in the US along with military etc. For example you want to protect the border so we have a national service program that sends you down to protect our borders and ports.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:27 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Is this nutbag comparing enlisting in the service with enrolling in college?
Swan dived right into the flaming aids pool.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:28 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This to some degree.

However the loans themselves seem a bit predatory along with the institutions giving people useless degrees. Do 18 year old kids really understand what they are signing up for with these huge loans?
If they don't, should they be voting in our elections?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up