ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What is the conservative position on student loans?
NJChiefsFan27 08:59 AM 05-24-2019
Specifically two things.

1. Is there a problem with the way things are done currently?

2. If you believe the status quo is not working, what should be done from a policy perspective to address it?
[Reply]
Shields68 10:55 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
To the people who buy the personal responsibility argument, how do you feel about military veterans who have developed PTSD and various mental illnesses and have difficult getting employment or housing after they come home? I assume you also take the position that signing up for the military was a bad personal decision and we shouldn't do anything to help them.
This is dumb. So the soon to be upper middle class/wealthy are now somehow on the same list as help as the veterans injured while serving the country? Guess I am not seeing it, nor seeing why the college graduate with debt should live any better, until the loan is paid or more deserving of help then the high school drop out making 12 an hour.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:56 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Deflection unsuccessful. Tell us how you really feel about how government should handle veterans. Fuck them, right? They knew what they were getting into.
What Trump is doing with veterans is fine. This is a terrible comparison.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:58 AM 05-24-2019
The government should not guarantee student loans at all. Ever.

Lending institutions should make their decisions to lend or not to lend based on their own risk assessments.

Colleges and universities should get used to lowering their costs to meet their market's ability to pay in the absence of government-backed student loans.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:59 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Student debt: 1.6T
Cost of Sand Wars: 6T


If you supported those dumb wars you better dare not say “We don’t have the money”
If the kids would simply serve their nation, they'd have a way to pay for their education.

Worked for me...
[Reply]
vailpass 11:00 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Deflection unsuccessful. Tell us how you really feel about how government should handle veterans. **** them, right? They knew what they were getting into.
Is this nutbag comparing enlisting in the service with enrolling in college?
[Reply]
Shields68 11:00 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The problem I see is that there hasn't been a great alternative to liberal arts. Vocational and trade schools are mocked. Even though a plumber can make a hell of a lot more money than a lifelong service rep, for example. More importantly, there aren't great pathways for small towners who maybe want to go to school then return for a construction or manufacturing job. Many small towners go to college because they feel obligated to, then drop after 2 years because they can't see the benefit.
So you have no problem with those graduating paying the bill? Just those going to school for 2 years and dropping out?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:01 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
This is dumb. So the soon to be upper middle class/wealthy are now somehow on the same list as help as the veterans injured while serving the country? Guess I am not seeing it, nor seeing why the college graduate with debt should live any better, until the loan is paid or more deserving of help then the high school drop out making 12 an hour.
Of course I am not saying both groups are equivalent. It is bizarre that you would think I am making that argument. The point was that his government philosophy of "fuck you, take some responsibility for your own life decisions" starts to unravel pretty quickly and could even be used against groups and people that you support.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If the kids would simply serve their nation, they'd have a way to pay for their education.

Worked for me...
Sounds like you won the game of social darwinism. You piece of shit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:02 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Of course I am not saying both groups are equivalent. It is bizarre that you would think I am making that argument. The point was that his government philosophy of "fuck you, take some responsibility for your own life decisions" starts to unravel pretty quickly and could even be used against groups and people that you support.
Just shut up and get comfortable with the idea that your dumb threads will remain only that: dumb threads.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:03 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What Trump is doing with veterans is fine. This is a terrible comparison.
Keep Trump and Obama out of the conversation. I'm asking your own personal opinions on how those groups should be handled.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:04 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The problem I see is that there hasn't been a great alternative to liberal arts. Vocational and trade schools are mocked. Even though a plumber can make a hell of a lot more money than a lifelong service rep, for example. More importantly, there aren't great pathways for small towners who maybe want to go to school then return for a construction or manufacturing job. Many small towners go to college because they feel obligated to, then drop after 2 years because they can't see the benefit.

I am a big supporter of a national service program. If you serve your country in a recognized service organization than for each year you serve your college is paid for.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Keep Trump and Obama out of the conversation. I'm asking your own personal opinions on how those groups should be handled.
Just go away.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:07 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just shut up and get comfortable with the idea that your dumb threads will remain only that: dumb threads.
I'm sure your message of telling everybody who has any problems with the current system to **** off is going to win a lot of elections in the future. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:08 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Sounds like you won the game of social darwinism. You piece of shit.
:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:09 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
If the kids would simply serve their nation, they'd have a way to pay for their education.

Worked for me...

Very true.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up