ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Roger Waters (Cosmo Thread)
SBInfinity 11:33 PM 05-26-2017
Anyone go to the Roger Waters concert tonight?
that guy really does not like trump
really took it to him during Pigs
a few snowflakes stormed out:-)
Attached: trump pig.jpg (70.8 KB) pigs2.jpg (76.1 KB) pigs3.jpg (74.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:54 AM 05-27-2017
Glad I got to see Pink Floyd at Arrowhead back in the day. Awesome show and no political bullshit.

Waters tickets were pretty pricey, glad I skipped it. He is a dick. Talented but a dick.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:02 AM 05-27-2017
I love hearing what foreigners have to say about our politics, when you know good and well they'd resent you for being petulant about British politics.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:03 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It's funny to read you guys bitching on a political subforum about having to hear a persons political views. Irony at it's finest.
I don't get it. What's the irony?
[Reply]
vailpass 09:12 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You know. People commenting about someone's politics on a political sub forum.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:20 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The fact that I tried to sound smart while completely butchering the English language. Just woke up. Give me a break. I meant pot meet kettle. :-):-):-)

I'm just saying Pink Floyd has had politically driven songs for years. You guys are just now caring because you feel like you have to protect Trump for some reason. Both political parties are so extreme right now. Just enjoy the show if you made the decision yourself to be there. Why look for something to offend you so much that you would walk out and waste your money. Trump wouldn't.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:24 AM 05-27-2017
The fact that I tried to sound smart while completely butchering the English language. Just woke up. Give me a break. I meant pot meet kettle. :-):-):-)

I'm just saying Pink Floyd has had politically driven songs for years. You guys are just now caring because you feel like you have to protect Trump for some reason. Both political parties are so extreme right now. Just enjoy the show if you made the decision yourself to be there. Why look for something to offend you so much that you would walk out and waste your money. Trump wouldn't.
Thanks, Dad.

...not really.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:07 AM 05-27-2017

OK.

I think it's ok to like music from artists you don't agree with politically. I also think it's ok to be offended when the artist goes out of their way to rub their politics in your face. It hurt me deeply when Katy Perry held hands with Hillary, for example. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:10 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Never cared for performers using their performances to express their political views. Shut the **** up, entertain us, and go the hell away when you're done.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:15 AM 05-27-2017
Pink Floyd ? Roger Waters ? Waaaaaaaaay overrated IMHO !!!! Never understood the fascination other than my doper friends explaining that it was/is great music to get high to.:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:16 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Saw him at Desert Trip. Same thing. Whole bunch of people left. It was pathetic.

Here's the whole show. He goes off on Jews towards the end. Great show though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2pP_8rYE6Q

Seeing again in Phoenix in a couple of weeks.
I get that music and social causes have been tied together for an eternity. And, music and politics are tied together as well. That said, when I go to a concert, I want to hear the music. I don't give a shit about their politics or their constant message of social injustice. That's just not my thing. We have 24hr news outlets that do nothing but spew their agendas - both left and right. I don't need and don't want to hear that BS when I'm at a concert. JMHO

Would I storm out of the concert? No, I just wouldn't have gone in the first place. I tend to research the concerts I go to anymore. If it's not solely about the music, I just take a pass on going.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:33 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
Saw him at Desert Trip. Same thing. Whole bunch of people left. It was pathetic.

Here's the whole show. He goes off on Jews towards the end. Great show though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2pP_8rYE6Q

Seeing again in Phoenix in a couple of weeks.
Trump and the Joo's.

Evil personified, amirite?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:35 AM 05-27-2017
Both political parties are so extreme right now.
That's just not correct. In fact, a huge part of the reason that Trump won is that the Republican party is far too squishy.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:20 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Trump and the Joo's.

Evil personified, amirite?
Anti-Semitism has been rising on the Left for some time.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:07 PM 05-27-2017
I don't think there is a single person that likes him or thinks he has an IQ above 80. They just like him because he pisses off intellectuals.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:13 PM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Never cared for performers using their performances to express their political views. Shut the fuck up, entertain us, and go the hell away when you're done.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up