ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Meal Replacement Bars/Shakes
SAGA45 08:41 AM 03-17-2019
I know many of you are into working out and diet based on some discussions I've seen on the board. I've yet to see one specifically for meal replacement shakes/bars.

So I wanted to get the convo started by asking anybody tried the MRE Protein bars by RedCon1? From reviews, they seem to be best tasting 20 gram protein bars out there. Macros are typically 20g protein, 26g carbs, 6g sugar.

I was curious if anybody at CP has personally tried these or if theres another bar you'd recommend?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:44 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What man in the heat of the moment, in his younger days, hasn't liked a chicks ass? I mean, there's a thread on CP about this topic.
:-) link?
[Reply]
lewdog 02:50 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
:-) link?
Hall of classics

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...light=lick+ass
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:53 PM 03-17-2019
Premier Protein shakes are the best 30g protein shakes I've tasted. And only a couple grams of sugar. Chocolate and vanilla are good. Banana is cloying.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 02:53 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hall of classics

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...light=lick+ass
Thank you!
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:26 PM 03-18-2019
I drink LaBrada Lean Body shakes. 40g protein...4 net carbs....zero sugars. I buy the Ready-to-Drink bottles. Favorite flavor is Salted Caramel. Cafe Mocha is my other go-to flavor but its been out of stock.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Premier Protein shakes are the best 30g protein shakes I've tasted. And only a couple grams of sugar. Chocolate and vanilla are good. Banana is cloying.
Vanilla is NOT good. No. Horrible.

I have to agree with Lew to a certain extent.

I like the Premier pre-mixed shakes (in pretty much any flavor than vanilla). I'm not as fond of the Quest powders - they always end up a little "sawdusty" for me.

On the flip side, the Quest foods (bars, chips, etc.) are so tasty and the Premier are just awful.

My go to drinks right now are Isopure 100% (think Gatorade with whey isolate) and Protein2O.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:35 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Vanilla is NOT good. No. Horrible.

I have to agree with Lew to a certain extent.

I like the Premier pre-mixed shakes (in pretty much any flavor than vanilla). I'm not as fond of the Quest powders - they always end up a little "sawdusty" for me.

On the flip side, the Quest foods (bars, chips, etc.) are so tasty and the Premier are just awful.

My go to drinks right now are Isopure 100% (think Gatorade with whey isolate) and Protein2O.
I love Isopure! I drink em on my lunch break at my warehouse gig to refuel. I've only had the ready-to-drink Grape Frost flavor. Gonna try Apple Melon and Alpine Punch next. 40gram protein, Zero Carbs and only 160 calories. can't beat it
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:37 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I love Isopure! I drink em on my lunch break at my warehouse gig to refuel. I've only had the ready-to-drink Grape Frost flavor. Gonna try Apple Melon and Alpine Punch next. 40gram protein, Zero Carbs and only 160 calories. can't beat it
Where do you get the isopure?
[Reply]
loochy 09:38 AM 03-20-2019
Where do you get the isopure?

They started selling it at Costco...I think they were $20 for a 12 pack. They had the apple melon on sample and it tasted pretty good. It's nothing like what a protein shake normally tastes like. It tastes like and has the texture of kool aid.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:42 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

They started selling it at Costco...I think they were $20 for a 12 pack. They had the apple melon on sample and it tasted pretty good. It's nothing like what a protein shake normally tastes like. It tastes like and has the texture of kool aid.
I was just about to ask about the texture.
[Reply]
loochy 09:44 AM 03-20-2019
I was just about to ask about the texture.
Yeah, I have no idea how they got protein into that kind of solution. It's very weird to me...it's nothing like any other protein I've had.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:46 AM 03-20-2019
Only shakes I will drink. They taste great and the protein levels are better than most. I believe the carb levels are lower as well.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:48 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Only shakes I will drink. They taste great and the protein levels are better than most. I believe the carb levels are lower as well.
They are. 30g protein and 2-4g carbs.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:52 AM 03-20-2019
Soylent.com

https://soylent.com/pages/products/?...BoC9tgQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 03-20-2019
I enjoy these "Pure Protein" bars. They're small and don't taste bad like others i've had. I've tried several of them and couldn't get away from that protein bar taste until i found this one.

20g of Protein
190 Calories
4g of sugar
19g Total carbs.

I'm not testifying that they're the greatest or healthiest or whatever. I don't know. I just know, imo, they taste better than the rest and i don't rue every bite.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up