ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Meal Replacement Bars/Shakes
SAGA45 08:41 AM 03-17-2019
I know many of you are into working out and diet based on some discussions I've seen on the board. I've yet to see one specifically for meal replacement shakes/bars.

So I wanted to get the convo started by asking anybody tried the MRE Protein bars by RedCon1? From reviews, they seem to be best tasting 20 gram protein bars out there. Macros are typically 20g protein, 26g carbs, 6g sugar.

I was curious if anybody at CP has personally tried these or if theres another bar you'd recommend?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:46 AM 03-17-2019
Too many carbs.

I love One bars and Quest bars. Decent amount of fiber and low in sugar.
[Reply]
Miles 09:07 AM 03-17-2019
The Costco ones are basically the same thing as Quest and a lot less expensive.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
The Costco ones are basically the same thing as Quest and a lot less expensive.
Which ones? The Premier ones? Those bars taste like ass.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:34 AM 03-17-2019
Some reviews of quest and redcon1

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/r...=mre%2Bredcon1

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/q...d=QUEST4470235

I like that the Quest bars have no added sugar and less carbs. Redcon has slightly higher flavor ratings but more expensive. Taste is a big factor for me and both scored well. I don't want a bar that's a chore to eat lol....I might just try both. Quest is more widely distributed from what I've seen in stores.
[Reply]
Miles 03-17-2019, 09:40 AM
This message has been deleted by Miles.
Miles 09:41 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Kirkland ones. They are either made by quest or copied them as ingredients are mostly identical. $18 for 20 bars I think.

[Reply]
lewdog 09:48 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Kirkland ones. They are either made by quest or copied them as ingredients are mostly identical. $18 for 20 bars I think.

Shoot. Haven’t seen those. Will look.

Xoxo
Lewdog
[Reply]
scho63 09:52 AM 03-17-2019
99% of meal replacement shakes or bars are scams and a giant waste of time and money: you take in too little to be fulfilled, you don't absorb the protein and vitamins when you drink in your meal like eating and many of the bars have too much shit in them.

If you take and eat a giant salad with some lean protein added in like grilled skinless turkey or chicken or fish, you are 100% better off. Make sure you do low to no calorie dressing. Salad dressings are the WORST for hidden calories.

Or just do some shredded chicken
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:25 AM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
99% of meal replacement shakes or bars are scams and a giant waste of time and money: you take in too little to be fulfilled, you don't absorb the protein and vitamins when you drink in your meal like eating and many of the bars have too much shit in them.

If you take and eat a giant salad with some lean protein added in like grilled skinless turkey or chicken or fish, you are 100% better off. Make sure you do low to no calorie dressing. Salad dressings are the WORST for hidden calories.

Or just do some shredded chicken
I have a chicken salad almost daily for lunch at my second job because it's light and I do fast-paced warehouse work. But overall, my schedule is hectic. Two full time jobs...so I figured a bar and some ready-to-drink protein shakes would help curb my appetite while keeping my diet clean on the go.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:05 AM 03-17-2019
https://www.gnc.com/pre-post-workout...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
loochy 01:57 PM 03-17-2019

The shakes are tasty though. I have one every morning.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:01 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
The shakes are tasty though. I have one every morning.
I like those.

But read above, you ain't absorbzings all dem nutrients tho!!!!!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:14 PM 03-17-2019
How do you know what ass tastes like? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 02:27 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
How do you know what ass tastes like? Inquiring minds want to know. :-)
What man in the heat of the moment, in his younger days, hasn't licked a chicks ass? I mean, there's a thread on CP about this topic.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM 03-17-2019
Perfect Bars (have to keep refrigerated though)
Oatmega Bars
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up