ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Resident Evil 2
Mephistopheles Janx 01:03 AM 01-24-2019
I played the first resident evil game as a teen but it creeped me out and I never finished it. RE2 is being released tomorrow for $60 and I have a steam code for it but am torn as to whether I should redeem it or I should sell/trade it.

Do any of you recall playing RE2 (the original) and do you feel it would be worth the playthrough despite horror not being my preferred genre or should I find someone to buy it from me?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:50 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I got the deluxe edition. I am in the camp that really wanted it to be classic style, fixed cameras Resident Evil. Basically I just wanted them to do what they did with RE1 because I enjoyed the hell out of that. But so far I'm enjoying this. Seems like a pretty faithful adaptation of the original RE2 made into a 3rd person shooter.
There is a rumor from guys who data mined game that fixed camera angles are a unlockable
[Reply]
Jerm 06:36 PM 01-25-2019
Game is absolutely amazing....been playing all day, feel like I'm fairly close to the end...I totally forgot the story after the PD so I don't know exactly how deep I am...I left off at:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 06:49 PM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Game is absolutely amazing....been playing all day, feel like I'm fairly close to the end...I totally forgot the story after the PD so I don't know exactly how deep I am...I left off at:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:40 PM 01-26-2019
Settled then... guess I gotta play it. lol
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:30 PM 01-26-2019
I beat it on Leon, now working on second run Claire. It’s been fun because of the switched up item locations, enemy locations, and it’s such a great remake from the ground up.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:55 AM 01-27-2019
got it last night.....great remake. It's been so long too, it's kind of tough to call it a remake.....more reboot than anything.

Super-polished.....using the RE7 engine, graphics are great.....having a great time....
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:37 PM 01-27-2019
It’s amazing, I love it and I’m praying for RE3 and RE Outbreak made the same way
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:05 AM 01-28-2019
So last night I'm doing Leon 2nd Run, and basically 2nd run introduces you to the game after certain doors and objectives have already been completed, as if Claire had already been through the first parts of the Police Station. Anyways, once you've entered the Police Station if you go to your first opening to the left, then through the next door behind the partition, you'll have two lickers in that hallways and a few zombies. The first time I went through this hallway I ran past everything, well the second time I had the Tyrant chasing me and so I got bogged down and fucked up! Once you get the Shotgun from the weapons closet, try to visit this place as Leon again and clear the lickers with grenades and some heavier fire. Lickers won't go through doors so you can cheese them a little bit. This hallways isn't necessary after you pass it for the first time with Claire as the only reason to go down this way again is for the Club Key door, which Claire never gets the Club Key as Leon never gets the Heart Key.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 01-28-2019
Played it when i was little, the 1st and 2nd. I'm just not sure if i have the patience for the puzzles and finding keys and what not. I lose interest in games when i'm wondering around for 30 minutes trying to unlock a fucking door.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:45 PM 01-28-2019
This game is the bar for remakes now....early strong GOTY contender.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:43 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
This game is the bar for remakes now....early strong GOTY contender.
Is it different enough from the original that it's its own game?
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:00 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The characters are the same; Leon, Claire, Ada, Sherry, Chiefs Irons, Mr. X, William and Annette Birkin, etc. but the dialogue was all new. The character models are all new. The whole layout of the game was reworked with only a few rooms being spot on layout wise. The weapons are mostly the same; except for a ridiculous amount of pistols for Claire for some reason. The boss encounters were reworked to cover greater distances. The story overall is largely the same, but it is oriented as an action game similar to Resident Evil 4's combat worked. Wait for a steam sale this summer for it if you don't want to pay the $60, or get a friend with steam family share and play it to try it out.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:34 PM 01-28-2019
If you love the original RE2 like I do, get this. Yes it's plenty different enough. Everything is very familiar but not the same at all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:09 PM 01-28-2019
Do you still have to find those bullshit ribbons just to save the game? I swear there were only like two of those in the whole fucking game.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:22 PM 01-28-2019
Played it when i was little, the 1st and 2nd. I'm just not sure if i have the patience for the puzzles and finding keys and what not. I lose interest in games when i'm wondering around for 30 minutes trying to unlock a ****ing door.
When you find a puzzle item it stays on map now, which helps a fuck ton
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up