ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:41 AM 02-16-2019
The prequels made me not ever want to watch Star Wars again. I tend to like all of the new ones. I simply didn't like anything about the prequels.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:49 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Hell, the original Star Wars story and characters were cookie cutter but they worked well. It was a tale of good and evil. Now they are trying this gray Jedi baloney. Keep Star Wars simple. The mythology is built upon that. It is not Shakespeare.
I don't even have a problem with Gray Jedi. If done properly, it's a VERY intriguing aspect of the SW culture that would be worth exploring. But if that was their intent, then they've done ZERO research on the matter because this nonsense with Kylo Ren has nothing to do with that.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You can't just tell the same story again.

That's why a lot of us loved TLJ. It took the OT and turned it on it's ear.

Now we are answering the question: what if Vader had overthrown the Emperor?

After IX I'm pretty sure we are going to be answering the question: what if Vader wasn't the bad guy?
Apparently, you CAN tell the same story again. I assume you watched "The Force Awakens"?

No we aren't! Jesus, I could sit here and write a 1000 word essay on how wrong that is, Clay.

Kylo Ren doesn't work as a character in SW because there is NO FOUNDATION. None of these characters have a foundation of any kind or compelling motivation sans Leia, and she's DEAD. Same with Luke. Same with Han. This whole thing was done in such a horrible, rushed, and unimaginative way when it didn't have to be.
In an attempt to be "edgy", Rian Johnson straight-up killed this thing with his short-sightedness and arrogance, and JJ Abrams is in no way talented enough as a writer to fix the damage. If those storyboard leaks are even 50% correct, this movie has already lost. It's a HUGE bag of dicks before it even hits the theaters.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by :
Kylo Ren doesn't work as a character in SW because there is NO FOUNDATION.
They are building the foundation, honey.

Relax.

When all is said and done, the ST will come to be known as a coming of age for Kylo and Rey, how they found themselves, and eventually allied together to fight a common enemy...which will be the conflict going forward in X.

It's going to be WIZARD!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:00 AM 02-16-2019
You can't just tell the same story again.

That's why a lot of us loved TLJ. It took the OT and turned it on it's ear.

Now we are answering the question: what if Vader had overthrown the Emperor?

After IX I'm pretty sure we are going to be answering the question: what if Vader wasn't the bad guy?
Fine. That is a salient point.

But the Last Jedi didn't give us a better story. All that movie had were lame twists for the sake of twists. It is a film that a pretentious film major would shoot. Oh look, I am defying convention. Too bad, it ruined the story and characters. All the villains are either dead or buffoons. Ren is a mess. Rey isn't much better. Finn's arc is on repeat. Poe is disgraced. Rose is a joke. The Resistance is down to one ship.

There is nothing there to get excited about.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 AM 02-16-2019
The Resistance is down to one ship and you aren't excited to see what happens next?

I'm pretty stoked to be honest.

They made the odds even worse. So much potential now. Any number of paths they could go on.

They really get to make this their own story now, instead of just a rehash of the OT, which was the path they were on after TFA.

TLJ breathed a lot of life into the franchise for some of us.

I won't deny that Finn and Rose are terrible characters, but it's not like the OT and PT didn't have their share of that.
[Reply]
007 03:39 PM 02-16-2019
The Resistance is down to one ship and you aren't excited to see what happens next?

I'm pretty stoked to be honest.

They made the odds even worse. So much potential now. Any number of paths they could go on.

They really get to make this their own story now, instead of just a rehash of the OT, which was the path they were on after TFA.

TLJ breathed a lot of life into the franchise for some of us.

I won't deny that Finn and Rose are terrible characters, but it's not like the OT and PT didn't have their share of that.
It didn't breathe life into it. It split the fan base.

I'm happy you are happy but they are hurting the franchise with these decisions. Not helping it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:42 PM 02-16-2019
It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run because now they have so many more directions to take the story.

Now they can truly tell an original story.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 02-16-2019
principal wrapped

Oh.

Originally Posted by :
Rey’s hair is in the style above because it has to mach older footage of Rey that was shot with Carrie for The Force Awakens. The details of the sequence are not being talked about at this time, however.
Spoilery stuff here:

Spoiler!
There is still a threat from The Beyond, however.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:56 PM 02-17-2019
What is the consensus on Mike Zeroh and his reporting? I see his stuff pop up all the time, but never watch it with any regularity. He dropped a vid today talking about what JJ is supposedly going to do with Kylo in IX, but didn't want to get boo'd out of the thread for posting Mike Zeroh stuff, lol.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:58 PM 02-17-2019
It was a bold move that will pay off in the long run because now they have so many more directions to take the story.

Now they can truly tell an original story.
Conspiracy time.

I vastly, vastly prefer the original script for TLJ. There was no Rose. Poe went off with Finn (meaning that their bromance could continue to develop and no pink haired or Rose plot) and the deleted scenes with Luke and Rey would have never been deleted. So, did someone interfere high up at Disney to make add unnecessary "female empowerment" characters (rather than, I don't know, adding more for Leia and having Leia be the one who sacrifices herself for the rebels). It's just odd. Rian still clearly has a lot of sway at Disney, and it makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes between the first draft of the script to what ended up playing at the theaters.

With that said, I still prefer TLJ to TFA because TFA did nothing but set up the same exact trilogy that we saw with the originals.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:01 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What is the consensus on Mike Zeroh and his reporting? I see his stuff pop up all the time, but never watch it with any regularity. He dropped a vid today talking about what JJ is supposedly going to do with Kylo in IX, but didn't want to get boo'd out of the thread for posting Mike Zeroh stuff, lol.
let your freak flag fly imo
[Reply]
Bowser 06:09 PM 02-17-2019

[Reply]
Bowser 06:09 PM 02-17-2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:10 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
95% complete fanboi horseshit. Along with being practically unwatchable, his sources are so fucking sad and pathetic, that he's been beating the "Anakin force ghost"-bullshit theory like a dead horse for four fucking years now with ZEROH accuracy( get it? ha-ha....:-)).

The only thing he's ever posted worth a fuck are those storyboard spoilers that come from a single source. And that source was maybe 50% or less correct when the final product was released. I initially rated that spoiler at 75% but after re-watching it, it was much less accurate.

At least Mike Zeroh cut his hair though. Prior to the trip to the barbershop, it was like watching a roadie for Anthrax talk about Star Wars. Stupidly, of course.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:11 PM 02-17-2019
FYI - The Force Awakens is being played on ABC right now
[Reply]
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up