ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 386
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:23 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
It was a good to great season opener. Less fluff between scenes, I loved it
Agreed, they're not fucking around. Seems like there is quite a distance to cover.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 10:24 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
Army on the land preventing escape, and the fleet blocking the exit from the Harbor. It would be tough to escape. Danny possesses the only severe advantage against any military unit (that we have seen to this point): the sky.
And when Jamie said it was the most likely landing spot for Danny, he also said their army doesn't have the food supply they once had from high garden. Making the Tyrells the first obstacle, not dragon stone and Dani's fleet sailing in. Cerci also already sent word to Jon to come bend the knee down in the north. Cerci and the lannisters don't have a pot to piss in to fight all their enemies
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:24 PM 07-16-2017
I loved seeing The Hound having a vision in the flames. What a sick God the Lord of Light is.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:28 PM 07-16-2017
And when Jamie said it was the most likely landing spot for Danny, he also said their army doesn't have the food supply they once had from high garden. Making the Tyrells the first obstacle, not dragon stone and Dani's fleet sailing in. Cerci also already sent word to Jon to come bend the knee down in the north. Cerci and the lannisters don't have a pot to piss in to fight all their enemies
Under the assumption that they are unable to meet Dany's forces in Dragon Stone, their advantage still is heavily predicated upon Euron's fleet's mobility. Dorne poses a great threat to that ability from what I recall reading the books.

Edit: isn't Dragonstone severely close to Kings Landing? They wouldn't need supplies provided in an area of war due to the proximity. They hold down King's Landing while Euron's attacks on the island's flank.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017, 10:33 PM
This message has been deleted by mdchiefsfan.
mr. tegu 10:47 PM 07-16-2017
I thought the season trailer made it pretty clear Euron's fleet is going to be fighting Theon's fleet. I don't see him providing support on land anytime soon. And even if he does defeat them his army isn't going to be much help on land anyways given that it seems the Greyjoys aren't worth much in land battles.
[Reply]
Fish 10:48 PM 07-16-2017

[Reply]
Fish 10:50 PM 07-16-2017
I took it as Euron was planning to head to Dragonstone. Which would satisfy the burning ships we've seen in the trailers.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:51 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Thanks. Dragonstone being at the mouth of Blackwater Bay makes Dany the immediate threat. Highgarden will have no impact on the army's movements or tactics.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:52 PM 07-16-2017
I took it as Euron was planning to head to Dragonstone. Which would satisfy the burning ships we've seen in the trailers.
Same here. I just feel it is a bit too obvious, I guess.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:54 PM 07-16-2017
Man. This show kicks ass. You can't look at any of the production. Not even a costume and say, "yep - that's weak".

It was interesting that John didn't face the resistance they were building. Sansa relented hard saying he is as far from Geoffrey as anyone she's met and Tormound they showed scowling in the previews but he fell in lockstep with John. Which makes some sense. Why would they follow him forever and into battle for his home only to pitch a bitch fit when they get a castle?

And the chamber pot scene was very Breaking Bad-Esque
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:02 PM 07-16-2017
Just from the trailer it seemed like the Dothraki and Daenerys would be headed towards Kings Landing, Unsullied to Casterly Rock, and the Greyjoy fleets fighting.

But it seems we do find out what prompts Jon to head to Dragonstone. The only question is how soon, but I'm guessing before any of the stuff at the wall as they probably go there to get dragon glass that Sam will be telling him is there. I wonder if he will meet Daenerys there or if she will already be gone.
[Reply]
smith11 11:51 PM 07-16-2017
why no occupants in thecastle dannys landed at?
if it were my town it would be filled with homeless squatters
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:51 PM 07-16-2017
No. He said he'd give cerci her greatest desire. Either Tyrian or Sansa IMO. But more likely tyian.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:52 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by smith11:
why no occupants in thecastle dannys landed at?
if it were my town it would be filled with homeless squatters
If you were one of even 1000 people. Seeing 1000 ships would make you leave. And that's assuming there was 1000 troops there
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:53 AM 07-17-2017
No. He said he'd give cerci her greatest desire. Either Tyrian or Sansa IMO. But more likely tyian.
I think you're confusing that with what Ellaria Sand said to Lady Tyrell. Euron talked about a priceless/great(I can't remember the exact term)gift.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 386
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up