Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Jessica Jones
keg in kc 06:34 PM 09-10-2015
Finally a premiere date: November 20th.

Trailer:

[Reply]
unlurking 10:04 AM 11-24-2015
I don't think that is on Carrie Anne Moss. That's on the directing. And I thought she was great. Hogarth is a man in the comics (which I didn't know until after doing some reading after watching). During the first few episodes I was wondering if Hogarth really was a man, and JJ's mind was fucked up and she was seeing a woman. Maybe Killgrave was hiding in plain site.

Moss hit all the right notes of a stereotype for power hungry assholes. I liked the character and the portrayal by Hogarth.

Stopped watching House of Card a long time ago. I see Trinity, not Spacey's wife.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:09 AM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I also like how different these characters are. Killgrave isn't a raving madman like the Kingpin. He just doesn't give a fuck. About anyone or anything. People are just entertainment to him.

He really isn't even power hungry. He didn't become president or take over Microsoft - he just wants what he can't have...
Yep. I'd love to see him show up elsewhere in the MCU. I really thought he portrayed what someone might be like with his background and powers very well. Very child like in his desires and attitudes.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:43 PM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Yep. I'd love to see him show up elsewhere in the MCU. I really thought he portrayed what someone might be like with his background and powers very well. Very child like in his desires and attitudes.
I thought this as well but after A1 and A2 the whole "brainwashed" thing is pretty played out by now, which is a shame.

I'll save my negatives for later but I'd give DD an "A" and JJ a "B+."

I liked the JJ story better but there were some groaner moments. The hospital scene with her lifting a person up, and you can tell that person is on wires, was probably the worst...
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:40 PM 11-24-2015
One thing that really bugged me

Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 10:21 PM 11-24-2015
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
One thing that really bugged me

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 01:41 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I actually got the same feeling, listo.

Is it the same actress?
I had to go look up the actresses in IMBD to make sure, that's how much it was messing with me while I watched.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:15 AM 11-25-2015
Spoiler!
Out the window.

Also I've had it pointed out to me that there are no less than two times each ep that Jones has proven she has more power than she's willing to use.

One of my biggest gripes was how they "lessened" both Cage and JJ for the series to help keep it grounded.

Hell, Cage even traded blows with the Hulk and was able to stay conscious and pretty much call him a big green uncle tom while doing it.

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 10:11 AM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I had to go look up the actresses in IMBD to make sure, that's how much it was messing with me while I watched.
You seriously couldn't recognize Trinity?! Wow. Trinity was a short haired, tough as nails, hard ass a decade before Robin Wright's character on House of Cards.

[Reply]
unlurking 10:22 AM 11-25-2015
Out the window.

Also I've had it pointed out to me that there are no less than two times each ep that Jones has proven she has more power than she's willing to use.

One of my biggest gripes was how they "lessened" both Cage and JJ for the series to help keep it grounded.

Hell, Cage even traded blows with the Hulk and was able to stay conscious and pretty much call him a big green uncle tom while doing it.

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!
That's what I thought, cool.

I definitely agree that both Cage and Jones seemed to be holding back throughout the season. I also got the impression they wanted to keep it vague as to who was the strongest.

It felt to me that JJ was just emotionally invested in leaving her old life as a hero behind and not wanting to rely on her powers. When she did, it was when she was helping others or because she was annoyed/frustrated/angry and lost control. I felt that perfectly fit with her character.

For Cage, I kind of got the feeling that he was trying to keep a low profile. Don't remember what gave me that impression, but I almost felt like he was hiding. Also, this was JJ's show. Wouldn't expect full Power Man until he gets his own show!
:-)

Agree with the beef. Felt awkward. I understand they needed something there to control the scene, but wish they could have come up with something different.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:28 AM 11-25-2015
You seriously couldn't recognize Trinity?! Wow. Trinity was a short haired, tough as nails, hard ass a decade before Robin Wright's character on House of Cards.

I was incredibly disappointed in the Matrix series as it went on. I didn't even bother watching the third one for several years. My memories of the actress come from the first movie, and I found her to be uninteresting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:30 PM 11-25-2015
Spoiler!
Out the window.

My biggest beef is
Spoiler!
They did indeed go out. That's why he said he wouldn't need the blue for 10 hours.

They can't have him be hulk. That just wouldn't fit the series. He'd have to have the attention of the avengers ala Veronica. Since I only consume the MCU I don't care. It was a good watch.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:01 PM 11-25-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
They did indeed go out. That's why he said he wouldn't need the blue for 10 hours.

They can't have him be hulk. That just wouldn't fit the series. He'd have to have the attention of the avengers ala Veronica. Since I only consume the MCU I don't care. It was a good watch.
I wonder who they are gonna use as the villain for Luke Cage's series. Best guess would be Tombstone, Chemistro, or Deadly Nightshade. Maybe Mr. Fear if they decide to not use him for Daredevil.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:25 AM 11-26-2015
Mr. Fear work so well against the Man Without Fear, so I expect they'll use him for Daredevil if they use him at all.

The main villain has to be someone Mob-oriented; Tombstone would work. Chemistro seems a little too goofball early-70s, and there's no way they're going to have the final fight be him beating up on a tiny woman (again), so Deadly Nightshade is out. My guess is it would be another heavyweight product of the experiments, like Erik Josten, the "other" Power Man.

Personally, I'd like to see Bushmaster, but I don't see that happening for several reasons.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:55 AM 11-27-2015

Actually I was thinking of her character in MOMENTO...
[Reply]
DaveNull 08:58 AM 11-28-2015
I didn't see it like that. Looks like they're both trying to lay low and not make a huge deal about their powers. Going all hulk smash would draw unwanted attention.

Plus, bigger displays of power require more expensive CG which would either expose a small budget (looking at you, Supergirl) and would detract from the fantastic story telling that was going on.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up