ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 360
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 04:47 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You tell that Ford rep that he lost a customer for one of his GT500's with this years redesign. I went over to the Challenger. Mustangs were still selling great. Why **** with that? Good luck selling them in Europe because Ford is dead to me.:-)

Best looking and best performing mustang Ford has ever built. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 04:49 PM 03-17-2015
Agreed. The new Mustang design is horrible. Too Euro looking.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:50 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
IDK, saw a bone stock mach 1 yesterday...:-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:54 PM 03-17-2015
I will say out front I am very anti Ford, but I agree with Lew. Those new Mustangs are even uglier than the previous gen's.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:10 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
1. I've got 3 kids in booster seats.
2. I have to be able to haul 6 kids if necessary.
3. I drive a ****ing minivan right now.
4. ?????
5. Blow me.
You forgot
6. I need it to be windowless.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:14 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
You forgot
6. I need it to be windowless.

[Reply]
Silock 05:31 PM 03-17-2015
I want to pick up a project car. Under $10k. Debating between a Miata and a Rustang.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:48 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:

[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:48 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Silock:
I want to pick up a project car. Under $10k. Debating between a Miata and a Rustang.
Miata for best driving feel, fun factor, just have to put up with the jokes. Mustang for straight line speed a little more practicality. I would vote Miata, but it depends on the Mustang. If you look hard, many Mach 1 Stangs from the 2000's can be had for under 10K in good condition.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 05:51 PM 03-17-2015
What are your plans for it?
Weekend, sunny day cruiser you just want to top of with gas and drive: Miata.
Plan on wrenching on it, slowly building it as you have money: Mustang.
Though if your plan is the later I would suggest something GM (Camaro, Nova, Chevelle) just because on a bang per buck basis it's hard to beat a small block Chevy.
[Reply]
Silock 05:58 PM 03-17-2015
I have a 72 Chevelle, but it needs a frame off restoration. I don't have those skills or time or money.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:19 PM 03-17-2015
I have a 72 Chevelle, but it needs a frame off restoration. I don't have those skills or time or money.
I'm half tempted to have you call my dad.

I'm quarter tempted to move back in with mom and dad and call you myself.

My first car was a frame off 69 SS, we transplanted with a block up restoed 283 [pops thought I needed a HP restriction]. He's in the middle of a total resto of the 69 SS LT1 he bought new as a young man.

He has all the tools and hoists and English wheels and welding equipment.

Only thing we haven't taken on is upholstery. I put lightly used Recaros in mine. Though, I did custom install new carpet.

Are you talking mostly body work, interior, systems, drivetrain or the whole shebang?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:57 PM 03-17-2015
I've got a 99 Cobra I never drive. What are you looking for?
[Reply]
Silock 07:07 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Miata for best driving feel, fun factor, just have to put up with the jokes. Mustang for straight line speed a little more practicality. I would vote Miata, but it depends on the Mustang. If you look hard, many Mach 1 Stangs from the 2000's can be had for under 10K in good condition.
Yeah, it would definitely be a late model Mustang. Do the new body styles still have the 4.6? I've heard that engine is pretty worthless unless you go FI.

I've had a Miata before and would be happy with one, but only because it was fun to drive around on curvy roads. Those don't really exist here in KS, so I'm tempted to shy away from it.
[Reply]
Silock 07:11 PM 03-17-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Are you talking mostly body work, interior, systems, drivetrain or the whole shebang?
It needs the whole treatment, if it's even salvageable. My parents bought the car in 72 when they got married. Drove it for a few years, then it sat in a garage rusting until I turned 16. They gave it to me and I drove it for a few years, but it was too unreliable to keep, so it's been sitting in their garage for the last 15 years.

It was rusting back in the 90s when I drove it. It had a hole in the trunk floor back then and rust on the roof. I don't even want to imagine where all the rust is that I can't even see. I don't know how to repair that kind of damage.

The interior is also bad, but that's the easy stuff. Drivetrain is probably all rusted, and I know it doesn't have the original engine anymore. I'd definitely upgrade the transmission and rearend. It's an automatic with a 2.73 rear. Yuck.

But it's always been my dad's dream to someday restore it. He just doesn't have the time or energy to do it, and I don't have the funds.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 360
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up