ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Should anyone be above the law?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Defamation lawsuit against trump can proceed - no one is above the law
RodeoPants2 03:26 PM 03-14-2019
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...vos-apprentice

Originally Posted by :
In her suit, Zervos says Trump’s statements about her were “painful and demoralizing” and caused her restaurant to lose customers. “Mr. Trump’s false, defamatory statements about Ms. Zervos — that, among other things, she made up her descriptions of Mr. Trump’s misconduct as a hoax, and that she is creating a ‘phony’ story just so that she can be famous — have been deeply detrimental to Ms. Zervos’s reputation, honor and dignity,” the suit states.

Trump’s lawyers have made a number of arguments to try to get Zervos’s suit dismissed, but the most important has to do with the fact that Zervos is suing in New York state court. The Supreme Court decision in Clinton v. Jones, which stemmed from Paula Jones’s sexual harassment lawsuit against President Clinton, established that the president can be sued in federal court for acts committed outside his official capacity as president. But Trump’s lawyers are arguing that the president cannot be sued for such acts in state court.

New York Supreme Court Judge Jennifer G. Schecter rejected that argument in 2018, arguing that the logic of Clinton v. Jones was just as applicable in state court as in federal court. “No one is above the law,” she wrote in her ruling.

Trump’s team appealed that decision, bringing it before a panel of five judges. On Thursday, the panel ruled that Zervos’s case could go forward, according to the Washington Post. “This Court should not be deterred from holding that a state court can exercise jurisdiction over the President as a defendant in a civil lawsuit,” wrote the judges in their majority opinion. Two judges on the panel dissented, arguing that “the President should not be forced to defend this lawsuit while he is in office.”

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:32 PM 03-14-2019
Lol

Good luck with that turd of a case
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:34 PM 03-14-2019
Two judges on the panel dissented, arguing that “the President should not be forced to defend this lawsuit while he is in office.”

This!
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:51 PM 03-14-2019
no1curr
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:16 PM 03-14-2019
Whatta' loaded question. Look how the question is framed.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:29 PM 03-14-2019
I voted yes.

Loved that Steven Seagal movie.
[Reply]
kcpasco 04:42 PM 03-14-2019
I voted yes. I should be above the law.
[Reply]
Otter 04:45 PM 03-14-2019
Keep throwing poop at the walls and throwing hissy fits you libtards.

Your true colors are beautiful.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:24 PM 03-14-2019
I'd fuck the living shit out of this whore!

[Reply]
New World Order 05:25 PM 03-14-2019
RodeoClown is the liberal version of Alex Jones
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:25 PM 03-14-2019
Look at those tits.... GREAT WORK DOC!!!
[Reply]
patteeu 06:26 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lol

Good luck with that turd of a case
Yep. This one's a loser.
[Reply]
Up