ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 68
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:12 PM 01-28-2021
I know same division and all, but what about the Jags? All kinds of cap space and the #1 overall pick in a draft that has one of the best QB prospects ever. It won't happen because they're in the same division. Just kinda interested in what it'd take from the Jags if they were in a different division or conference.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:14 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think so too. At least to start the season. Whatever happens after depends on how much of a dick Watson is willing to be.
I think David Culley will be able to placate him and get him to buy in.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:16 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think David Culley will be able to placate him and get him to buy in.
Doubtful after Watson strategically timed his official trade request immediately after Culley was hired.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:17 PM 01-28-2021
Why would the Jags (who have the chance to draft the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, have a great cap situation, lots of draft ammo to work with, a solid young offensive group, etc.) trade that all away to get Watson??

I like Watson and he's a good young QB, but I think some of you are giving him way more credit than he deserves.

I don't even pick up the phone if I'm Jacksonville (or die laughing, not sure which).
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 01-28-2021
Just wait until they trade Watson to the Pats for Stidham and a Chinese masseuse.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:18 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure if the rumor is true about Deshaun and the Jets, but I have to think he’d prefer Miami.

That team is loaded with talent and doesn’t have many holes aside from the major one he could fix.

Davante Parker, Mike Gisecki...even Jakeem Grant is a nice complimentary guy. They’d just need a RB and that can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rd
Dolphins buddy of mine says the rumor is complete BS made up by a local Miami Rag that is not trustworthy fwiw.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:18 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Doubtful after Watson strategically timed his official trade request immediately after Culley was hired.
Allegedly the request was made BEFORE the hire, so we'll see.

But we have a black coach here (important to Deshaun) who can argue that he has experience with Andy Reid, Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.

IF he has the gift of gab he may be able to get him to buy in.
[Reply]
TEX 02:24 PM 01-28-2021
My prediction: Watson stays with Houston.
Bet not. He's been pissed for a long time. It finally came to a head. He has ZERO faith in the organization, and who could blame him?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:24 PM 01-28-2021
Why would anyone trade anything of value for Watson? What has he shown that makes you think he is worth his contract?

Drafted same year as Mahomes and has played in 3 playoff games and only won one of them and that was against Buffalo and it was only a 3 pt win with Allen having no passing TDs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Why would anyone trade anything of value for Watson? What has he shown that makes you think he is worth his contract?
Have you considered that maybe he's much better than what you think?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:35 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Why would the Jags (who have the chance to draft the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck, have a great cap situation, lots of draft ammo to work with, a solid young offensive group, etc.) trade that all away to get Watson??

I like Watson and he's a good young QB, but I think some of you are giving him way more credit than he deserves.

I don't even pick up the phone if I'm Jacksonville (or die laughing, not sure which).
Watson has a no trade clause. No way he goes to a loser franchise like Jacksonville.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:37 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Bet not. He's been pissed for a long time. It finally came to a head. He has ZERO faith in the organization, and who could blame him?
We'll see. I'm thinking Culley will be able to relate to him and get him to buy in, coupled with the Texans desire to keep him. I can't imagine the Texans going down with out a fight on this one.

Secondly, any team that trades for him is crippling themselves for the next 3+ years as they won't have much draft capitol to build a team around him. That has to be heavily considered by both he and the team he's going to.

Getting yourself traded to say, the Jets, who then have to give up 3 1sts to get you means you're basically on the Texans all over again: a depleted roster that's limited in its ability to acquire talent.

Ideally he'd want to be traded to a team that's already stacked. The "just a QB away" guys. But who's that? The 49ers and....? Not many of those teams around. Maybe Washington.

TL;DR: The cost to trade for Watson will severely hinder the progression of any team he goes to, Houston wants to keep him and Culley may be able to placate him so he buys in. Considering those factors, the idea that Watson stays is still alive.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:39 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Watson has a no trade clause. No way he goes to a loser franchise like Jacksonville.
More importantly, no way would they trade him in their division. It would be devastating to fan moral, BAAAAD PR, and something they'd never live down for the next decade.

JVille and Indy are out of the question.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:41 PM 01-28-2021
We'll see. I'm thinking Culley will be able to relate to him and get him to buy in, coupled with the Texans desire to keep him. I can't imagine the Texans going down with out a fight on this one.

Secondly, any team that trades for him is crippling themselves for the next 3+ years as they won't have much draft capitol to build a team around him. That has to be heavily considered by both he and the team he's going to.

Getting yourself traded to say, the Jets, who then have to give up 3 1sts to get you means you're basically on the Texans all over again: a depleted roster that's limited in its ability to acquire talent.

Ideally he'd want to be traded to a team that's already stacked. The "just a QB away" guys. But who's that? The 49ers and....? Not many of those teams around. Maybe Washington.

TL;DR: The cost to trade for Watson will severely hinder the progression of any team he goes to, Houston wants to keep him and Culley may be able to placate him so he buys in. Considering those factors, the idea that Watson stays is still alive.
His problem though is with the owner, how can a coach fix that?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:41 PM 01-28-2021
More importantly, no way would they trade him in their division. It would be devastating to fan moral, BAAAAD PR, and something they'd never live down for the next decade.

JVille and Indy are out of the question.
You don’t think the Texans would trade within their own division? They are the worst run team in the NFL
[Reply]
Page 17 of 68
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up