ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2347 of 2694
« First < 1347184722472297233723432344234523462347 2348234923502351235723972447 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:34 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think he's definitely upped this game this year as well, but I don't think we traded for Toney to retain Hardman. The guy is probably going to get 3/36 or something along those lines and I'd much rather direct that money to retaining JuJu.
Let's see how many games Toney actually manages to play in before we replace Mecole.

I will say, if Toney can stay healthy next year, having him and Hardman on the field at the same time would create a lot of problems for the defense, as they would still have to worry about Kelce, and possibly JJSS at the same time.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:05 AM 12-08-2022
Do people think it’s a coincidence the red zone offense has stalled a bit with both of these guys out?

Hardman offers a key skill set with his speed and quickness in the red zone. Teams have to account for him on those motions. Toney is the best option after him on those plays.

I hope KC has them both available for a rematch with Cincinnati in the playoffs. Every edge matters.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:38 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Do people think it’s a coincidence the red zone offense has stalled a bit with both of these guys out?

Hardman offers a key skill set with his speed and quickness in the red zone. Teams have to account for him on those motions. Toney is the best option after him on those plays.

I hope KC has them both available for a rematch with Cincinnati in the playoffs. Every edge matters.
Absolutely.

Hardman catches a lot of hate here. I get it he's a flawed player. Not something you want to build around, but has a lot of value. I think seeing Skyy try to fill the role, an objective viewer can see his value as well as how thin the margin is between a guy that can get that edge and a guy that can't (consistently).

Sidenote: Not a dig on Skyy, even with his warts, if it's 3rd and 8 I trust Sky on a square out or going across the middle than Hardman.

Neither are the best in the league, but they're not without value.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:47 AM 12-08-2022

Makes you wonder if KC will make an attempt to keep Hardman after this season. It is clear he has a lot of value in this offense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:32 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Absolutely.

Hardman catches a lot of hate here. I get it he's a flawed player. Not something you want to build around, but has a lot of value. I think seeing Skyy try to fill the role, an objective viewer can see his value as well as how thin the margin is between a guy that can get that edge and a guy that can't (consistently).

Sidenote: Not a dig on Skyy, even with his warts, if it's 3rd and 8 I trust Sky on a square out or going across the middle than Hardman.

Neither are the best in the league, but they're not without value.
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Makes you wonder if KC will make an attempt to keep Hardman after this season. It is clear he has a lot of value in this offense.
Yes. This season reminds you why they took Hardman when it looked like Hill's career might be over. There are things in Andy Reid's scheme that work better when you have that game-breaking speed available for the gadget stuff.

Maybe Toney can fill that role if they move on from Hardman. Or maybe the scheme changes. But as the year has gone on, I've become more open/accepting to a second deal for Hardman here in KC.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:38 AM 12-08-2022
Yes. This season reminds you why they took Hardman when it looked like Hill's career might be over. There are things in Andy Reid's scheme that work better when you have that game-breaking speed available for the gadget stuff.

Maybe Toney can fill that role if they move on from Hardman. Or maybe the scheme changes. But as the year has gone on, I've become more open/accepting to a second deal for Hardman here in KC.
I was all for letting Hardman walk before the season started, but seeing what the redzone offense looks like without him has definitely changed y mind to some extent.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:47 AM 12-08-2022

Hardman, yes.

Toney hasn't been here long enough to affect the red zone stats in 2022.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:00 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I doubt it, the WR market is so terrible he'll probably get a nice deal. Probably looking at some type of draft pick for a similar skillset player.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 12-08-2022
They won’t keep Hardman. Toney gives you the athleticism and Skyy does a lot of the things he can do.

I’d bet we take it even further and draft another speed receiver early next year as well. Probably 2nd rd
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:53 AM 12-08-2022

It'll depend on what happens in the WR market. I was fucking APPALLED at some of the contracts given out. If agents can secure Hardman a big contract, so be it.

One thing that might start working in our favor is ex-Reid receivers that aren't named hill haven't been productive. Might help us out in the future. Someone might look at Hardman, and see another Albert Wilson and say, "not again, bitches" and let us re-sign him cheap.

A guy can dream, right? :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:47 PM 12-08-2022

Jerry Jeudy has been an absolute world beater against man coverage this year averaging over 6 YPRR against man!

Meanwhile, try to cover Tyreek Hill any way you want and he'll likely beat you. pic.twitter.com/wvU9yRirdn

— Sam Hoppen (@SamHoppen) December 6, 2022

Fucking hell Hill
[Reply]
philfree 01:09 PM 12-08-2022
I thought this was "The Patrick Mahomes Thread"?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:17 PM 12-08-2022
Last year Byron Pringle 600 yds

This year 57 yards

Mahomes makes chicken salad outta chicken shit
[Reply]
penguinz 01:55 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They won’t keep Hardman. Toney gives you the athleticism and Skyy does a lot of the things he can do.

I’d bet we take it even further and draft another speed receiver early next year as well. Probably 2nd rd
Unless they change the scheme up a bit next season they almost have to do their best to keep Hardman. These past few games have shown he is integral to the offense. He plays much faster than any other WR on the team.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:34 PM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Unless they change the scheme up a bit next season they almost have to do their best to keep Hardman. These past few games have shown he is integral to the offense. He plays much faster than any other WR on the team.
Not surprising though. He’s had four years in this offense and he’s not Tyreek fast but he is probably the fastest player on the team.
[Reply]
Page 2347 of 2694
« First < 1347184722472297233723432344234523462347 2348234923502351235723972447 > Last »
Up