ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2428 of 3903
« First < 1428192823282378241824242425242624272428 242924302431243224382478252829283428 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiTown 11:55 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The VP just said it was ok to do huge events. So there you go.
I didn't watch, but did he say to do it without masks?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:55 AM 06-26-2020
More testing of population not already identified as infected with C-19 = more cases.

More cases = CDC guidelines regarding reopening are breached.

At some point it would be nice if some posters here admit that reopening was never going to be feasible.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:56 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
He said follow whatever local officials have called for.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:56 AM 06-26-2020
The VP just said it was ok to do huge events. So there you go.

Did they talk about sports at all? Or just random gatherings like weddings?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:57 AM 06-26-2020
The protests certainly weren't helpful to the pandemic, but I'd say the vast majority of this is the dumb fucks who just went on living their normal lives without social distancing and masks because their federal/state leaders idiotically told them it was okay to do so.
[Reply]
Donger 11:59 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I thought the briefing overall was quite informative.
What information did you learn?
[Reply]
jdubya 12:03 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The protests certainly weren't helpful to the pandemic, but I'd say the vast majority of this is the dumb ****s who just went on living their normal lives without social distancing and masks because their federal/state leaders idiotically told them it was okay to do so.
Broadbrush statement. I would argue the opposite. When restrictions here in my part in Cali initially began folks were still very wary. However once the protests, riots and marches became the norm with local mayors actually encouraging "your first amendment right to peacefully protest"......everybody said "fuck it then" and began living normally. Now that the protests are finally showing some signs of growing old, folks are again preaching safety.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:03 PM 06-26-2020
While protests undoubtedly had an impact I imagine it is a very small minority. Most of these are due to reopening and the fact that once people heard their state were opening back up they went back to normal routines with not wearing masks or social distancing.

For example here in MO, the biggest outbreak is in the southwest corner in the Joplin, OK, KS, AK area and that has nothing to do with protests. It has to do with people thinking this is all a hoax.
I know that area very well and it's like the land that time forgot. Are we sure they even know about the pandemic going on?
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:04 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Did they talk about sports at all? Or just random gatherings like weddings?

No they were asked why they are doing large events when the guidance is not to do that.

His reason: the 1st amendment

All I will say is all these large events like protests or other large events shouldn't be happening and are very bad during a pandemic.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:05 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I've been delivering for DoorDash and I've seen a lot of restaurants completely full with people of all ages. The employees are wearing masks but nobody else. Wal-Mart, Target, grocery stores, etc. same deal. It's not young people, it's everyone. Americans are idiots.

Only place different is Costco because they require masks to get in. I won't leave the house without one.
To be fair, it's kind of hard to eat with a mask on.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:05 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I know that area very well and it's like the land that time forgot. Are we sure they even know about the pandemic going on?

:-) I have alot of family down there and the answer is definitely no they have no idea or it's a hoax lol
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:06 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Another thing worth understanding or considering is how people will have changed their behaviors based on the protests and lack of concern by the media towards them regarding the virus.

How many people that had nothing to do with protesting said to themselves they might as well go out more now? Or guess they don’t need to social distance as much anymore? Or businesses more likely to ignore guidelines?
Protests are a part of the story. And understated by the media. Agreed.

But this is also booming in rural areas.
Are you really isolating the spike to protests when the spike has been greatest in the southern belt?
You don't think it's a little coincidental that these spikes are occurring in states with looser reopening guidelines?
And young people crowding bars without masks is not because of the protest. That's a reach.
I also noticed how you used the word protest and not rally.

Protests are part of the story. Your wanting it to be almost the entire story and it is not that.
[Reply]
eDave 12:10 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I thought the briefing overall was quite informative.
It was a gross misrepresentation of reality.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 06-26-2020
The Joplin area outbreak is in factories
[Reply]
Redbled 12:11 PM 06-26-2020
So if the protests have slowed to a crawl we must have solved racism and police brutality again. That’s great news.
[Reply]
Page 2428 of 3903
« First < 1428192823282378241824242425242624272428 242924302431243224382478252829283428 > Last »
Up