ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1940 of 3903
« First < 940144018401890193019361937193819391940 194119421943194419501990204024402940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:58 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This was about you wasn't it...

:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:58 PM 05-07-2020
This was about you wasn't it...

Lmao no it wasn't but if you have never been with a chick so hot you'd be willing to do it you just wont understand.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Asian countries use masks more, but their entire population isn't always masked.

And considering we had trouble with PPE I don't know how you would keep up with needing 160 Million masks + a week etc.
Why are so many people having issues with their pepe's these days? I mean damn wash it and don't get soap in the tip and it'll be good.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 05-07-2020
Lmao no it wasn't but if you have never been with a chick so hot you'd be willing to do it you just wont understand.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I just wanted an excuse to post that.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:00 PM 05-07-2020
Why are so many people having issues with their pepe's these days? I mean damn wash it and don't get soap in the tip and it'll be good.
I dn but we had a pepe shortage evidently at the start of all this. I figured the Asian countries would have been struggling with pepe shortages not us.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:01 PM 05-07-2020
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I just wanted an excuse to post that.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:02 PM 05-07-2020
I dn but we had a pepe shortage evidently at the start of all this. I figured the Asian countries would have been struggling with pepe shortages not us.

cosmoklaxon
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:04 PM 05-07-2020
Socialite mentioning her Zoom cocktail parties.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:06 PM 05-07-2020
Anyone wanna put together a Discord Cam party tonight, you can do 25 people on web came in on discord chan
[Reply]
TLO 01:09 PM 05-07-2020
Have we all decided "fuck it" and we're just going insane?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Have we all decided "fuck it" and we're just going insane?
Nah when I feel that way I just put on some music and play some games.
[Reply]
srvy 01:13 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
A pawpaw is a fruit.
A delicious fruit I may add. Tastes like a cross between banana and pineapple maybe hint of coconut with a creamy texture like a banana. Found statewide in Missouri where some call it the custard apple. Its found in heavy forested areas along creeks rivers and steep bluffs and banks above water bodies. The fruit is green perfectly concealing within its large leaves that resemble a magnolia leaf. Its edible in fall ripening on tree usually around October and November. It turns a green-yellow with brown sploshes when ready to pick. It will release from the stem with a light pull and best eaten on the spot of within a few days like a banana. Get them before the critters do as birds, squirrels and deer will hit it hard at ripening. Good hotspots I have found are on the steep bluffs along NKC levee from Waterworks plant easterly through Macken Park and behind NKC hospital. Native Americans believed the Pawpaw to have medicinal purposes and studies are being done to see if it might have relevance in cancer treatments. It probably might even cure the Rona.

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-n...d-guide/pawpaw

[Reply]
SAUTO 01:15 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The consumption of roughly three hundred million N95 masks once a week for two years is totally sustainable. What are you talking about.
arent you one thats crying about unemployment? go make some fucking masks and quit bitching.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:17 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not you specifically [MoF, your circumspection in the quoted post was the signifier that it might be productive to bring this up overall], and not so much the 'responsible' new media. But a lot on here, and a shit ton on social media.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, but there seems an avalanche of 'fuck these buttfucking morons and their freedom' which, even if loosely apt for the situation is merely resentful and catastrophically counterproductive.

Everyone is dealing with imperfect information and extraordinary times, and it just seems like persuasion remains superior to derision and muscle, even if some remain unpersuaded. Part of one's sacrifice for overall success might need to incorporate sublimating one's more snarky and combative impulses.
Yeah, it's our society of "lump everyone you disagree with into a group and call them names".... I've had a few respectful conversations on facebook about all of this, and several more in person, and it's pretty sad that it's refreshing when that takes place and not just the norm.

Reading "persuasion remains superior" has me wondering though... in a case like this, should it be 'persuade' or 'educate'? Is the repeated attempts at persuasion causing the derision?

Get the information out there... give people 'the why'... as you mentioned before, show some humbleness and acknowledge everyone is working with incomplete information... etc.

Shit's going to close anyway, so it's not like we're talking people into that.... and part of the population will always disagree, no matter how much education is out there or how good you are at selling an opinion.

That's not to say we all go radio silent.... but, approaching it a different way -- not to persuade someone else, but asking what you might learn from talking with someone who has a differing opinion -- might go a long way towards educating each other and being able to evolve our opinions instead of being entrenched in them.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:18 PM 05-07-2020
Anyone wanna put together a Discord Cam party tonight, you can do 25 people on web came in on discord chan
I would, but my stamina isn’t nearly where it should be for 25 people (especially on a web cam).
[Reply]
Page 1940 of 3903
« First < 940144018401890193019361937193819391940 194119421943194419501990204024402940 > Last »
Up