ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1487 of 3903
« First < 48798713871437147714831484148514861487 148814891490149114971537158719872487 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 01:33 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’m cutting out sugar as we speak.

Also trying cocaine for the “energy” boost since it’s better than sugar. Also doubling my alcohol use for the health benefits.

I hope it cures my asthma.

I'm fairly certain if you ad smoking a Cuban cigar every night to the above regiment, you should be golden.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:33 PM 04-17-2020
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...r-not-21882132

Covid-19 potentially started in September, but might have no spread till December
[Reply]
petegz28 01:34 PM 04-17-2020
NY Times showing 5,283 for Mo as well....
[Reply]
DaFace 01:36 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Coronavirus began months earlier and not in Wuhan, bombshell UK report claims.......

" Everything we thought we knew about the beginnings of the coronavirus pandemic could be wrong.

A bombshell report by scientists from the University of Cambridge has cast doubt on previous beliefs about when and where Covid-19 first broke out.

While coronavirus was previously believed to have originated in a wet market in Wuhan at the end of last year, new research suggests it may have actually came from further south – and began spreading among humans as early as September 2019.

The team of researchers has published its extraordinary findings – which have yet to be peer-reviewed – in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, outlining a "network" of infections that has thrown existing knowledge into doubt."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...r-not-21882132
Anyone know if this actually means anything? I know scientifically they care, but it's not clear to me if this indicates anything about the nature of the virus or how quickly we can get it under control.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 04-17-2020
Okay so the IHME people or whomever they are, are now stating that places like NY are seeing "longer than expected peaks".......
[Reply]
Monticore 01:38 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Anyone know if this actually means anything? I know scientifically they care, but it's not clear to me if this indicates anything about the nature of the virus or how quickly we can get it under control.
I tend to agree even if it arrived here last year were are where we are now.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:41 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm feeling pretty proud of myself today though in my mind I was just doing my job. Apparently our health system is getting a ton of praise and good messages for us providing our isolated patients with iPads and the ability for them to visit with their families.

In case people don't know, it's not just Covid patients being isolated. Right now we have Dads not being able to see their children be born or other family members able to visit their loved ones for non-covid related issues.

I was informed yesterday and again today that the efforts to get this solution out are receiving some excellent feedback from patients and their families.

I went through a couple weeks of chaos trying to get this all worked out with our management and leadership teams and it's nice to see how much that has benefited people and their families.
You should be proud, bro. Our team is killing it! Solutions are what we do and it's been fast and furious. FYI, if this is confusing, Pete and I are on the same team at work. iPads, all of the Telehealth/Telemedicine solutions, we're churning this stuff out every day.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:44 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
You should be proud, bro. Our team is killing it! Solutions are what we do and it's been fast and furious. FYI, if this is confusing, Pete and I are on the same team at work. iPads, all of the Telehealth/Telemedicine solutions, we're churning this stuff out every day.
So is he the same at work as he is here, don't worry we won't say anything.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:46 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Do you like to sit in a boat with a line in the water or do you like to fraudulently obtain usernames or do you like to listen to jam bands or is it some combination?
[Reply]
phisherman 01:48 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
So is he the same at work as he is here, don't worry we won't say anything.
Oh, I've got stories....
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 04-17-2020
So now they are saying remdesivir is showing good results in monkeys I guess in a fed gov study or something. It just crossed the wires.
[Reply]
TLO 01:51 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Johns Hopkins has the same.

They say it’s from the mo health dept ...
Hopkins has us at 175 deaths. They're typically ahead of the DHSS website. I've even seen them back the number of deaths off a couple of times.

It's tough to say who has the most accurate numbers.

I'm interested to see how many tests MO ran today more than anything. Hopefully it's back closer to that 3000 number.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:51 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Johns Hopkins has the same.

They say it’s from the mo health dept ...

weird. MO Dept health doesn't have those numbers on their site.
[Reply]
TLO 01:52 PM 04-17-2020
So now they are saying remdesivir is showing good results in monkeys I guess in a fed gov study or something. It just crossed the wires.
There was big buzz last night about remdesivir in humans too, if you haven't seen it.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:54 PM 04-17-2020
It's not a 100% bet by any means, but it certainly seems like there's a lot of positive stuff coming out about it lately. Sounds like they're hoping to have some real conclusions in a couple weeks.
[Reply]
Page 1487 of 3903
« First < 48798713871437147714831484148514861487 148814891490149114971537158719872487 > Last »
Up