ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 84
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:11 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Nah, I was just being weird.
Rgr. My "weird" app is on the fritz.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:38 PM 09-24-2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 10-01-2019
Anyone else see the NASA guy talking about us finding life on Mars and the people here on earth not being able to deal with it?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:12 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone else see the NASA guy talking about us finding life on Mars and the people here on earth not being able to deal with it?
Haven’t seen that, but it’s absolutely the rationale they use to justify hiding the truth... “people will lose faith in governmental/religious institutions and we’ll slide into total chaos”
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Haven’t seen that, but it’s absolutely the rationale they use to justify hiding the truth... “people will lose faith in governmental/religious institutions and we’ll slide into total chaos”
Yeah, I'm not sure they're wrong on that either.

Interesting stuff though for sure.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:50 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I'm not sure they're wrong on that either.

Interesting stuff though for sure.
I highly doubt there'd be panic. There'd be far more curiosity, and sure, some who are scared shitless because "monsters". We're a fairly desensitized people and strong in our beliefs.

For the religious it's easy: "They too are God's creation". The existence of Aliens means nothing other than the discovery of another of God's creatures.

And who the hell really has faith in our government institutions as it is?
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I highly doubt there'd be panic. There'd be far more curiosity, and sure, some who are scared shitless because "monsters". We're a fairly desensitized people and strong in our beliefs.

For the religious it's easy: "They too are God's creation". The existence of Aliens means nothing other than the discovery of another of God's creatures.

I don't know, it would be interesting to see how that played out.
[Reply]
Sorry 10:56 AM 10-02-2019

And for me, i'd agree. Us potentially finding life changes nothing on our earth, only opens up more questions and curiosity or we could truly just be alone in this galaxy.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:06 PM 10-02-2019
I dont believe in supernatural stuff but this is still very strange. Last night I heard something fall and hit the ground, pretty loud but I was too tired to get up to investigate. It sounded like it came from the master bath, and in my semi-consciousness I attributed it to just a shampoo bottle or something falling in the tub.

When I woke up this morning, I found that it was a picture of my grandma that had fallen off the hallway wall by my bedroom. No more than 15 minutes later my cousin called me and said she passed sometime last night in her sleep. My aunt found her this morning when she went in to wake her up to take her for her dialysis.

:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:16 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I dont believe in supernatural stuff but this is still very strange. Last night I heard something fall and hit the ground, pretty loud but I was too tired to get up to investigate. It sounded like it came from the master bath, and in my semi-consciousness I attributed it to just a shampoo bottle or something falling in the tub.

When I woke up this morning, I found that it was a picture of my grandma that had fallen off the hallway wall by my bedroom. No more than 15 minutes later my cousin called me and said she passed sometime last night in her sleep. My aunt found her this morning when she went in to wake her up to take her for her dialysis.

Trippy...
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04:18 PM 10-02-2019

I had Life on Mars stuck in my head one evening for some reason. 99.999% sure I didn't hear it anywhere. Just popped into my head. Woke up the next morning to find out David Bowie had passed away.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:52 PM 10-02-2019

Our souls go on when the body dies, sounds like Grandma just wanted to let you know... I’d be happy about it
[Reply]
Sorry 07:25 PM 10-02-2019
So sorry for your loss MTG.

I believe in the supernatural. Hell I think humans are super natural Ina way.

What are your thoughts on SYNCHRONICITY?

I've experienced it enough to make me believe in something quaky is going on.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:45 PM 10-02-2019

Humanity is KIND Of the center of god's universe in the bible.

Some of the most religious people I know are VERY dogmatic in their belief that no aliens can exist because they're not in the bible.

I think 'the religious' can be a WIDE swath of people with widely varying beliefs not easily lumped into one category. A lot of them would probably just assume some government conspiracy.

Though I would like to see them land on Sentinal Island just for the lulz.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 10-03-2019
Yeah, I don't really see how they could coexist but who knows how people's minds work.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 84
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up