ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 84
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
frankotank 08:29 PM 02-28-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Moving towards the north, like they were following the highway. The orbs (for lack of a better label) seemed to be pretty low as well, but I couldn't make out any type of shape. I thought they might be helicopters (moving too slow for aircraft), but their orange lights weren't blinking or anything, and there weren't other noticeable lights to me.
what you saw was swamp gas.
do you understand!
speak no more of this......

[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 PM 02-28-2015
It wasn't like this was in the middle of the night or anything. Like I said, 7 pm-ish with plenty of hustle and bustle on the roads. I was wondering if anyone else noticed them.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 02-28-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
what you saw was swamp gas.
do you understand!
speak no more of this......

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:47 PM 02-28-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It wasn't like this was in the middle of the night or anything. Like I said, 7 pm-ish with plenty of hustle and bustle on the roads. I was wondering if anyone else noticed them.
My closest encounter, where it literally flew right by me, the one where I could make out the shape of the craft and clearly see all its lights, where I could've taken a rock and barely threw it to hit it?

Somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30 pm on a cold winter night, I believe that was no accident on "its" part.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:11 PM 02-28-2015
roughly 1983 I was on the outskirts of Knob Noster on a gravel road (by Whiteman AFB). having a few beers with my girl and sitting on the hood chilling. off in the distance we noticed a red light. so what. plane or whatever. we didn't even talk about it at first, but it seemed as if it was coming our way....getting closer. one thing about the entire incident is that I never had a good feel of how close or how far away it was. it was so dark. anyways, no noise (but coulda been too far away) and gradually grew in size...getting closer. now we're really watching it. eventually it.....well the lights changed from 1 to 3 as if it had turned. it was coming south towards us and then seemed as if it turned east towards Sedalia. so we could now see 3 lights now, a bigger one in the middle and two smaller ones on the either side. it was definitely moving west now. I'm an air force brat man....I know what a plane looks like big time. never seen one that would show up like this at night....like....the big light in the middle was just....weird. like I said, couldn't judge the distance and depending on the overall size of the thing it coulda been pretty close if it was smaller, like semi-truck sized or something. but even if it was huge and far away I remember thinking we should hear it, but we never did. we watched it heading west and then it was just gone. neither of us actually SAW it go, it was just gone. we were.....umm.....kind of like WOW! you know? just WOW.

almost immediately we noticed something else behind us....in the opposite direction from where the red lights came from....towards Whiteman. like I said it was a pretty dark night so it was easy to notice way off in the distance two choppers with bright lights. as they got closer it was apparent that they were shining lights onto the ground and moving back and forth in what could only have been a search pattern.

the light had been pretty damned interesting! not like....scary or anything, just not easily explainable. this new development with the choppers though.....it just changed the entire mood. we were already amped and excited and then see this happening behind us, assessing the situation on the fly as the choppers are getting closer. wondering what in the hell they could possibly be looking for! moving back and forth over pure country ass woods and fields and shit....working their way closer to us with each pass. I mean, you start imagining something gross booking thru the corn fields trying to stay ahead of those choppers and heading right towards US! LOL....we got the heck outta there. honestly I didn't even feel OK once inside the car. just wanted to scoot man.

reading back over what I've written here.....it really doesn't seem like much. at the time though, my heart rate was very much UP. I did NOT want to be there anymore. never before and never again did I see choppers searching again, let alone over civilian property and most strangely....at night.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:25 PM 02-28-2015
I would guess that incident explains all of your future interest in the subject, franko.

When you see the military aircraft chasing around after whatever it was, it adds a whole other level of amazement... my very first glimpse was an F-16 chasing one, to me it was like "ah, well I might never meet him, but atleast I didnt see that by myself".
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:43 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
roughly 1983 I was on the outskirts of Knob Noster on a gravel road (by Whiteman AFB). having a few beers with my girl and sitting on the hood chilling. off in the distance we noticed a red light. so what. plane or whatever. we didn't even talk about it at first, but it seemed as if it was coming our way....getting closer. one thing about the entire incident is that I never had a good feel of how close or how far away it was. it was so dark. anyways, no noise (but coulda been too far away) and gradually grew in size...getting closer. now we're really watching it. eventually it.....well the lights changed from 1 to 3 as if it had turned. it was coming south towards us and then seemed as if it turned east towards Sedalia. so we could now see 3 lights now, a bigger one in the middle and two smaller ones on the either side. it was definitely moving west now. I'm an air force brat man....I know what a plane looks like big time. never seen one that would show up like this at night....like....the big light in the middle was just....weird. like I said, couldn't judge the distance and depending on the overall size of the thing it coulda been pretty close if it was smaller, like semi-truck sized or something. but even if it was huge and far away I remember thinking we should hear it, but we never did. we watched it heading west and then it was just gone. neither of us actually SAW it go, it was just gone. we were.....umm.....kind of like WOW! you know? just WOW.

almost immediately we noticed something else behind us....in the opposite direction from where the red lights came from....towards Whiteman. like I said it was a pretty dark night so it was easy to notice way off in the distance two choppers with bright lights. as they got closer it was apparent that they were shining lights onto the ground and moving back and forth in what could only have been a search pattern.

the light had been pretty damned interesting! not like....scary or anything, just not easily explainable. this new development with the choppers though.....it just changed the entire mood. we were already amped and excited and then see this happening behind us, assessing the situation on the fly as the choppers are getting closer. wondering what in the hell they could possibly be looking for! moving back and forth over pure country ass woods and fields and shit....working their way closer to us with each pass. I mean, you start imagining something gross booking thru the corn fields trying to stay ahead of those choppers and heading right towards US! LOL....we got the heck outta there. honestly I didn't even feel OK once inside the car. just wanted to scoot man.

reading back over what I've written here.....it really doesn't seem like much. at the time though, my heart rate was very much UP. I did NOT want to be there anymore. never before and never again did I see choppers searching again, let alone over civilian property and most strangely....at night.
Early stealth tests
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:18 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Been listening to part one of that post, and its insane that Col. Halt has never been officially debriefed on that... they didnt want to question the deputy base commander.
Actually thought Church raised a decent point on that: none of the other guys knew they'd been "debriefed". So how would Halt know?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:24 AM 03-01-2015
The only thing (that I remember...) that I've ever seen was out walking one night and there was a steady orange light in the sky for about 10 minutes around 10 pm, off in a roughly north-ish direction. No motion at all that I could see, well above the horizon, pretty high up in the sky. It just sat there, like a bump on a log. I wouldn't call myself any kind of expert, but I'm familiar with the movement of planes and helicopters around me, and I've never seen anything like it either before or since.

It's just a random light in the sky though, and could have been literally anything, so I don't count it as anything weird.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:19 PM 03-28-2015
Survivorman Bigfoot starts again on Science Channel this coming Friday. It will start where the last one ended. I mentioned this before but if you can catch the previous two episodes do it. They have been replaying them and likely will continue to do so this week. Some very strange unexplainable things they are finding that Les cannot explain with anything other than some type of bigfoot creature.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:35 PM 03-28-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Actually thought Church raised a decent point on that: none of the other guys knew they'd been "debriefed". So how would Halt know?
Halt was the lieutenant commander of the post, he was surely privy to details that those two enlisted men weren't.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:38 PM 03-28-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Survivorman Bigfoot starts again on Science Channel this coming Friday. It will start where the last one ended. I mentioned this before but if you can catch the previous two episodes do it. They have been replaying them and likely will continue to do so this week. Some very strange unexplainable things they are finding that Les cannot explain with anything other than some type of bigfoot creature.
Pisses me off that my bullshit cable co. doesn't carry good channels like this, they don't even carry National Geographic and there ALWAYS seems to be something cool on it.

I'll try to find this online, Les isn't some kook out there seeing "squatches" through every view of his thermal lens... if he says something weird is going on, I'll take his word for it.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:15 PM 03-28-2015
I really wish Les hadn't decided to associate himself with Todd Standing, a known hoaxer and asshole in the BF community, and have him on his show.

I believe that is no more so that's good...there's an awesome YT vid out there of Les talking on Joe Rogan's podcast about encountering a possible Squatch, it's a good watch.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:17 PM 03-29-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
They were very entertaining. Can't wait to see what happens next.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:57 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
They were very entertaining. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Strouds new bigfoot show is on Discovery tonight at 9 after Dual Survival, I'll be checking it out.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 84
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up