ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 84
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Rausch 11:10 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Its hard for me to still believe that there are people out there who doubt that we have/are being visited.
The evidence is overwhelming.
It's no different than religion.

Some people need to believe there's a God and some people need to believe there isn't.

It's the same with Aliens/UFO's.

Some people absolutely need to believe that the only reality is what they can see with their own two eyes...
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:59 PM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
To me the Betty and Barney Hill case seems the most valid.

For them to make this up only hurts them both, draws attention to their mixed marriage (at a bad time,) and there WAS physical evidence taken.

They fought with investigators and even the psychiatrist about what should or shouldn't be reported.
Yeah, that's something most people don't realize about that case, that details about it were never supposed to be made public.

However, it's a case where regression was used, which makes me question the details. Not that something happened to them, just that what was uncovered under hypnosis was what really occurred. Regression is not reliable. Even Dr. Simon (the doctor who did the hypnosis) admitted, as I recall, that he thought the memories he recovered were manipulated and that he wasn't sure what the reality of the event was.

It's definitely interesting though. The things that were recovered independently from each of them matched the other's story. It's unlikely that they worked together to make up those stories, since (again as I recall) they were each given amnesia after each session and were not privy to each other's story until years later.

That case is pretty strong evidence to me that there's some kind of third party interference going on, and that that third party has the ability to effectively screen memories in the human mind. Plenty of evidence of that elsewhere throughout the abduction phenomenon as well.

Odd thing about the abduction phenomena these days is that, at least from the outside, it doesn't look like there's as much of it going on. Although maybe that's just perception. It sure seemed like it was a bigger deal in the 80s and 90s than it is today, though.

This is going to sound strange, but sometimes I wonder how much influence the x-files actually had on social consciousness of the paranormal in my lifetime (I know it certainly fed into my interest, although I was into this stuff before 1993...), and things like aliens became trendy on a larger scale because of that show, and how much things seem to have fallen off since it ended. Similar to how much influence I think the "ghost" shows that currently plague television are having on that branch of paranormal study.

Point I'm sort of roundabout getting to is I wonder if the abduction phenomenon is something that has always gone on, but our interpretation of it changes based on culture at the time. Like in the middle ages it was attributed to sprites or the fae or to demons, and from the 60s to today it would have been aliens because that's what developed into popular culture post WW2.

Which is not to say that it might not be ETs, and that they could have been masquerading/masking memory in earlier points in history as whatever was popular culture at the time. But it also raises the possibility that this third party, whatever it is, can effectively change whatever our perception of it is, and maybe it isn't ET, either.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:01 PM 02-16-2015
First of all, I'm a believer.
But until you post something.......anything that you found, I'm going to assume you spooked yourself.....ghost hunter.
It's not in my hands to post anything...it's the groups stuff and I don't handle any of it.

LOL and no.....I did not spook myself.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:49 PM 02-16-2015
Just heard Kevin Randle speaking briefly on something I'd forgotten about: Project Moon Dust.

Interesting stuff:

http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2013...revisited.html
http://www.nicap.org/moondust.htm
[Reply]
Bowser 07:18 PM 02-16-2015
I'm on vacation this week. I'm going to catch up on the assorted readings in this thread.
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:25 AM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It's not in my hands to post anything...it's the groups stuff and I don't handle any of it.

LOL and no.....I did not spook myself.
Oh, I see. Top secret shit.
I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but all those ghost hunters act their shit is real too, yet it looks like a bunch of children spooking themselves.
I had a pretty powerful experience not too long ago.
I heard a cpl noises some lights flickered, but that just hieghtened my awareness.
Next the temp dropped waaaaaaaay down. I could see my breath and I know without a doubt that Something was in the room with me....and it wasnt a ghost. It was something evil. I just knew it and I about shit in my pants.
Anyway. In my experience, these things seem to happen when you least expect it, and never when you are hunting it.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:01 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's definitely interesting though. The things that were recovered independently from each of them matched the other's story. It's unlikely that they worked together to make up those stories, since (again as I recall) they were each given amnesia after each session and were not privy to each other's story until years later.
What people also don't consider is that the hypnotist/therapist they saw did not believe in alien abduction and at no point later ever changed his mind. There was no leading or suggestive statements by the hypnotist because he wasn't a believer in their story. He tried to convince them something else happened - so there's no implanted memories there.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That case is pretty strong evidence to me that there's some kind of third party interference going on, and that that third party has the ability to effectively screen memories in the human mind. Plenty of evidence of that elsewhere throughout the abduction phenomenon as well.

...Which is not to say that it might not be ETs, and that they could have been masquerading/masking memory in earlier points in history as whatever was popular culture at the time. But it also raises the possibility that this third party, whatever it is, can effectively change whatever our perception of it is, and maybe it isn't ET, either.
This is where I'm at. If you read enough accounts of completely different cases the one constant is the person seeing things intended to get emotional reactions.

They're shown dead loved ones that appear to be there in the flesh. They see horrible creatures intended to frighten them. They are at times shown end of the world scenarios - not predictions, but bad things that could possibly happen to cause a response.

We know the US government can use electro stimulation to act as a caffeine substitute - it keeps soldiers more alert for long periods of time with no sleep. This isn't theory - it has been and is being used. Specific brain areas being stimulated.

Imagine if instead you stimulated an area to release chemicals to induce hallucination. Prohibit memory formation. Etc. It's possible, and not unrealistic.

And that's just what the US government can do - not even considering an alien element.
[Reply]
Jerm 05:12 PM 02-17-2015
Oh, I see. Top secret shit.
I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but all those ghost hunters act their shit is real too, yet it looks like a bunch of children spooking themselves.
I had a pretty powerful experience not too long ago.
I heard a cpl noises some lights flickered, but that just hieghtened my awareness.
Next the temp dropped waaaaaaaay down. I could see my breath and I know without a doubt that Something was in the room with me....and it wasnt a ghost. It was something evil. I just knew it and I about shit in my pants.
Anyway. In my experience, these things seem to happen when you least expect it, and never when you are hunting it.
It's not top secret shit...everything is just thoroughly vetted and checked over and over again.

It takes a long time to go through hours of audio and video...

I actually just talked to a friend of mine last week that had an experience like yours...crazy stuff.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:23 PM 02-17-2015
So I was trying to find a video on YT and somehow came across a video of Joe Rogan talking about the moon landing and openly questioning it. It got me thinking....

I'm not trying to take this into conspiracy land but that's one subject I've always racked my brain on...I think it fits in with what we've been discussing. What say you guys?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:33 PM 02-17-2015
So I was trying to find a video on YT and somehow came across a video of Joe Rogan talking about the moon landing and openly questioning it. It got me thinking....

I'm not trying to take this into conspiracy land but that's one subject I've always racked my brain on...I think it fits in with what we've been discussing. What say you guys?
There have been some inconsistencies pointed out in various pics taken on the moon, but its my genuine belief that there is a good explanation for them.

The russians were surely using every means at their disposal to sniff out a fraud back when the landings were taking place, and if they couldnt find evidence of a fakery then I doubt it was fake... the US went on to pull off all manner of great space exploits, so that also leads me to believe it was all real back then.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:35 PM 02-17-2015
He brought up the Van Allen radiation belt and I thought that was an interesting angle....
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:46 PM 02-17-2015
He brought up the Van Allen radiation belt and I thought that was an interesting angle....
Theres a pretty good rebuttal to that here, under the Environment heading...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_la...iracy_theories
[Reply]
Jerm 06:47 PM 02-17-2015
Gotcha....I'm definitely open to both sides on this subject, I just find it really fascinating.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:28 PM 02-17-2015
I don't think there's any chance the Apollo missions were faked. I do think it's possible that some images from those missions have been scrubbed to hide things. NASA does that kind of stuff to this day. I also think it's (very) remotely possible there was a system set up to run a studio version of the first mission in the event something catastrophic happened, so there wouldn't be disaster of some kind on live TV, but I'm not sure how that would have worked, logistically speaking. I think it's most likely that what everyone saw was live and genuine.

There's a lot of interesting stuff online, like Nixon's speech if Armstrong and Aldrin had been stranded and the debate over whether they carried .45s on the mission (ostensibly for in case they were off-target upon return and landed in hostile territory, but there's conjecture that NASA wasn't sure there wouldn't be a hostile reception on the moon itself).
[Reply]
Jerm 07:45 PM 02-17-2015
Capricorn One...still an awesome movie lol. :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 84
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up