ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 84
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:59 PM 02-15-2015
I believe you. I find it funny I've never noticed this. Especially during snow goose season , when my butt sits in a ground blind, looking up into the sky from sun up to sun down for a month straight.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:07 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I believe you. I find it funny I've never noticed this. Especially during snow goose season , when my butt sits in a ground blind, looking up into the sky from sun up to sun down for a month straight.
I almost never see it out in the country, its usually over highly populated urban areas.

Springfield, Illinois used to be SUPER bad about it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:11 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm not going to lie - I very much look forward to the day of the big announcement regarding aliens and UFOs. The world will go apeshit for about 6-8 weeks, then settle into the fact they we have never been alone in the universe.
I think we've seen as much disclosure as we ever will. At least here in the US. They (meaning the military) officially gave up UFO study in the late 60s with the end of Blue Book and we and our UK puppets have stated as policy ever since that they're of 'no defense significance'. All study - if such study even exists, of course - would have shifted to contractors in the private sector so they leave no trail that can be followed with FOIA requests and they have plausible deniability whenever the question was raised. And, in reality, Blue Book itself was probably the public study carried out with PR in mind, and the significant cases at the time were handled out of the public eye.

If there is anything to disclose nobody able to do so would be party to the secret. Presidents wouldn't know. Members of congress wouldn't know. Members of the military hierarchy wouldn't know. It would be limited to a small group, likely limited to the individuals carrying out the research, some of whom are probably so highly compartmentalized that they have no idea what they're even working on and a few leaders of industry and technology, who probably fund and/or organize the entire program.

Basically, whatever the truth is I don't think it's a big secret, at least not in scope. I think very few people know very much of it, and none of them have anything to gain from the rest of us finding out that truth. Particularly if that truth involves some version of 'there are things in our airspace that we can neither understand nor control'.

I'm not even sure under what circumstances a real, believable disclosure could happen. If CNN on Monday showed a craft on the White House lawn and Obama meeting with...something, how would we even be able to know what we're seeing is real? That what we're seeing isn't some elaborate hoax, the ultimate false flag event.

It would be interesting to see, something like Independence Day and massive ships showing up over major cities world wide. 'You are not alone.' Half the most ardent UFO believers would switch to say it's the CIA using holographic technology. Because that's how we conspiracy people work, thinking everything is a lie.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:12 PM 02-15-2015
I do set up on a field an hour south of Omaha.
I'm a firm believer in, where their is smoke their is fire & this subject seems to inspire the masses.
Like I said earlier, I've never really paid attention or looked for weird cloud formations. I'll start paying closer attention. Like I said. I'm out side a lot.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:30 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
I do set up on a field an hour south of Omaha.
I'm a firm believer in, where their is smoke their is fire & this subject seems to inspire the masses.
Like I said earlier, I've never really paid attention or looked for weird cloud formations. I'll start paying closer attention. Like I said. I'm out side a lot.
Dont look for it out in the boonies, look for it over towns.

Look for patterns in the sky, crosshatches and x's... then watch to see if the pattern disappears in time or if it slowly grows and turns a sunny day overcast.
[Reply]
notorious 06:38 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
But thats just disturbed air, those lines should disappear in no more than a 15-20 minutes even under strange conditions. They certainly shouldnt expand and last all day over the area.

Ask your buddy Bugeater, he knows the deal, he's seen it in action.
Check the winds aloft on a calm day.

The contrails will stay up there a looooong time.

I am not saying that they aren't spraying stuff in the air, but I am saying that there is a solid reason contrails do what they do.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:44 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think we've seen as much disclosure as we ever will. At least here in the US. They (meaning the military) officially gave up UFO study in the late 60s with the end of Blue Book and we and our UK puppets have stated as policy ever since that they're of 'no defense significance'. All study - if such study even exists, of course - would have shifted to contractors in the private sector so they leave no trail that can be followed with FOIA requests and they have plausible deniability whenever the question was raised. And, in reality, Blue Book itself was probably the public study carried out with PR in mind, and the significant cases at the time were handled out of the public eye.

If there is anything to disclose nobody able to do so would be party to the secret. Presidents wouldn't know. Members of congress wouldn't know. Members of the military hierarchy wouldn't know. It would be limited to a small group, likely limited to the individuals carrying out the research, some of whom are probably so highly compartmentalized that they have no idea what they're even working on and a few leaders of industry and technology, who probably fund and/or organize the entire program.

Basically, whatever the truth is I don't think it's a big secret, at least not in scope. I think very few people know very much of it, and none of them have anything to gain from the rest of us finding out that truth. Particularly if that truth involves some version of 'there are things in our airspace that we can neither understand nor control'.

I'm not even sure under what circumstances a real, believable disclosure could happen. If CNN on Monday showed a craft on the White House lawn and Obama meeting with...something, how would we even be able to know what we're seeing is real? That what we're seeing isn't some elaborate hoax, the ultimate false flag event.

It would be interesting to see, something like Independence Day and massive ships showing up over major cities world wide. 'You are not alone.' Half the most ardent UFO believers would switch to say it's the CIA using holographic technology. Because that's how we conspiracy people work, thinking everything is a lie.
This has the ring of truth to it, sadly.

I just think it is unbelievably arrogant of people to think humans are the only intelligent life in the entirety of the cosmos, or our carbon based life forms are the only type of understandable/sustainable beings ever to come around. I'd love to see the day when all of our preconceived notions go right down the toilet.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:47 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Check the winds aloft on a calm day.

The contrails will stay up there a looooong time.

I am not saying that they aren't spraying stuff in the air, but I am saying that there is a solid reason contrails do what they do.
I understand that just because its calm on the ground, doesnt mean winds arent howling at 30,000 feet and vice versa... but when these things not only do not slowly dissipate, but slowly grow and linger and meld together (hence the patterns), partially blotting out the sun, for literally entire afternoons... then I tend to take a strange of view of strange happenings.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:57 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This has the ring of truth to it, sadly.

I just think it is unbelievably arrogant of people to think humans are the only intelligent life in the entirety of the cosmos, or our carbon based life forms are the only type of understandable/sustainable beings ever to come around. I'd love to see the day when all of our preconceived notions go right down the toilet.
That's a regular point of mine, as well. We are very arrogant about our level of advancement, this core belief that if we can't do something right now then that fact itself establishes a hard and fast rule forbidding anybody else from doing whatever we can't.

I think there's a strong judeo-christian element to it, too. This belief that the earth is the center of the universe, that it was created for us. I think it pervades every element of western society, whether individuals in question believe in a God or not.

And perhaps in a different way that pervades ETH believers (that's short for Extraterrestrial Hypothesis...). Maybe at the end of the day there really isn't anybody visiting here. Maybe we just aren't that interesting, or that important.

Who knows...
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:48 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe we just aren't that interesting, or that important.

Who knows...
We are... the frenzy of activity surrounding us confirms it, statements from people no less than Eisenhower, MacArthur and Twining confirm it.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:29 PM 02-15-2015
I still stand by the theory of us receiving ET tech in exchange for the rights to abduct/experiment on humans, etc. and the right to use our skies or bases, etc.

The radical exceleration of tech after Roswell is too much of a coincidence for my liking.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:51 PM 02-15-2015
We are... the frenzy of activity surrounding us confirms it, statements from people no less than Eisenhower, MacArthur and Twining confirm it.
The point I'm making is that I think we need to be wary about religious fervor-style belief in ETH. It has the same pitfalls as debunking. It closes the mind off from a myriad of possibilities.

One of the hardest things to digest, to even admit, is that there's no proof of anything. Actual, solid, 'this is what's going on' proof. There is tons and tons of evidence. Tons and tons of anecdotes and stories, a lot of them contradictory. But none of it actually tells us with any authority what's really going on. Not so far.

I suspect there's more concrete information somewhere, buried away from the public eye, but what that information reveals is just conjecture at this point. It might be ET's. It might be something else. It might be lots of things.

Basically think of it this way: there's no doubt there's a phenomena. The interpretation is where the problems come in. We don't know enough to assume anything.

(Personally I hope it's either ET's or a lost/forgotten earth species. Although time travelers would be kind of cool, too)
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:57 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I was very emtional after our investigstion the other night...not crying or anything but it takes a toll on you and you run through the gambit of everything when investigating, esp. a place that heavy.
First of all, I'm a believer.
But until you post something.......anything that you found, I'm going to assume you spooked yourself.....ghost hunter.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:00 AM 02-16-2015
Its hard for me to still believe that there are people out there who doubt that we have/are being visited.
The evidence is overwhelming.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:07 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Its hard for me to still believe that there are people out there who doubt that we have/are being visited.
The evidence is overwhelming.
To me the Betty and Barney Hill case seems the most valid.

For them to make this up only hurts them both, draws attention to their mixed marriage (at a bad time,) and there WAS physical evidence taken.

They fought with investigators and even the psychiatrist about what should or shouldn't be reported.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 84
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up