Page 587 of 4897
« First < 87487537577583584585586587 58858959059159763768710871587 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:32 AM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
You make a good point, but it's pretty clear to see that something is just "off" with Smith and the offense overall. I guess Houston can save the day again, possibly....
I'm not saying it's going to happen...but KC getting embarrassed on national TV might have been the best thing for them. They have been sleep walking so far... Chiefs benched Brady on a national game 2 years ago...similar score 41-14.

They have 2 weeks to stew over looking like chumps...Raiders better be ready. Chiefs better be ready for the refs that game....there is stadium funding in the balance. The League wants them to, at least, be a WC team.

That said...barring injury, this year belongs to Brady's revenge. He's getting old...I doubt the NFL will let the Vikings sniff a SB...so probably a Rodgers (and his 16 missed penalties) sighting.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 AM 10-04-2016
Wisdom.

Originally Posted by :
Most Chief fans hate the Broncos largely because they are better than the Chiefs and more successful than them at frankly everything.

In those moments you have two choices: You can deny reality and concoct some kind of narrative to hide yourself from the truth. Chief fans opt for this choice and thus we get their usual bull****: Broncos cheat, the NFL is fixed, the Broncos are lucky, the League likes the Broncos and hates the Chiefs.

Alternately you can accept the truth, which is that the Chiefs lack success because they have made poor choices, have a culture of losing and believe in shortcuts and cheap solutions.

It's not the Broncos fault for the Chiefs being bad. It's the Chiefs' fault. It's their job to beat the Broncos. It's their job to beat the rest of the league. And they have done a poor job of it. They go safe in the draft every year, despite several years of high picks, and somehow they still whiff. They REFUSE to draft and play a quarterback opting instead for castoffs and retreads.

Compare that to Elway who drafts a QB every damn draft even when he has someone like Peyton Manning under center. Even using high picks to do so. That's someone who recognizes the value in the position and is constantly looking to be aggressive about improving. Now he's got two under rookie contracts because of this approach.

Chief fans have two trajectories. One leads to a denial of reality, which usually leads to bitterness and resentment towards those who succeed. The other leads to accountability and recognition of where the fault really is.

It's the difference between typical loser on the internet who rips on other people and blames everyone around them for their life's problems and the guy who sees he has to be the one to make a change and stops looking for other people to bail him out.

See: lottery, waiting for that perfect job opportunity or the perfect woman to just fall out of the air.

You can substitute these for the Chiefs: Waiting for the refs to bail you out, waiting for a cast off QB to turn into Joe Montana or a "better coach" to magically turn your average team into world beaters.

[Reply]
KranzDictum 12:22 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's pretty rare this happens and is really like an injury. It's not like Denver isn't dealing with injuries to the OL that has caused them to shift things around. our veteran 3 game starter at QB is hurt and may have to reply on the rookie with only 2 quarters of starts. Don't forget that Ware is out and a bunch of guys that you think suck are filling the void.
Great point!

It is not like the entire success of the Broncos D is built around one dude like the chiefs D is. Take Justin Houston out and the D is just dudes in the way.

Lack of depth on D is killing kc right now. Hali is a shadow of what he was. I know he is coming back from a knee issue as well but this was week 3, he made one or 2 plays Sunday. Ford does nothing unless the play comes right at him and even then he is not flowing to the ball.

Broncos have Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and even Dakota Watson was in making plays at OLB Sunday. We can afford to lose Ware for a couple weeks and still generate dominant pressure because John drafted and brought in great depth players.

Broncos also 4 deep at CB and I like what Simmons and Parker are doing at safety.
[Reply]
RodInCanton 02:59 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Great point!

It is not like the entire success of the Broncos D is built around one dude like the chiefs D is. Take Justin Houston out and the D is just dudes in the way.

Lack of depth on D is killing kc right now. Hali is a shadow of what he was. I know he is coming back from a knee issue as well but this was week 3, he made one or 2 plays Sunday. Ford does nothing unless the play comes right at him and even then he is not flowing to the ball.

Broncos have Shaq Barrett, Shane Ray, and even Dakota Watson was in making plays at OLB Sunday. We can afford to lose Ware for a couple weeks and still generate dominant pressure because John drafted and brought in great depth players.

Broncos also 4 deep at CB and I like what Simmons and Parker are doing at safety.
Sensible posts containing logical points will NOT be tolerated in this thread!!! :-)
[Reply]
Tornado Bait 03:41 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Doubt he would even make KCs roster let alone start
Just checking this thread out for the first time as a new member. Wow, there are some crazy opinions in this thread. Wolfe is looking at 16 sacks to end the season (even 10 would be good for a DL). Must get crazy on pages where Denver wins in the playoffs and the line in the sand keeps backing up.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:44 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Great point!

Take Von out and the Donkos are 2-2.
[Reply]
Tornado Bait 03:47 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm not saying it's going to happen...but KC getting embarrassed on national TV might have been the best thing for them. They have been sleep walking so far... Chiefs benched Brady on a national game 2 years ago...similar score 41-14.

They have 2 weeks to stew over looking like chumps...Raiders better be ready. Chiefs better be ready for the refs that game....there is stadium funding in the balance. The League wants them to, at least, be a WC team.

That said...barring injury, this year belongs to Brady's revenge. He's getting old...I doubt the NFL will let the Vikings sniff a SB...so probably a Rodgers (and his 16 missed penalties) sighting.
LOL, so the NFL is fixed yet I bet you watch every moment of the Chiefs on tv. I even bet you don't bother watching WWE which we all know is fixed (I am sure it comes to news for some on this site) yet you will waste your time using an excuse of the game is fixed. If it is fixed, why is the league so down on a franchise that gave us Lamar Hunt? He is up there with Al Davis. Instead of having 4 or 5 division titles since the merger, shouldn't they have 5 in a row like the Broncos? You know you have lost all chance of redemption when you think the NFL is fixed and you aren't part of the cool club. Do other fans here support this thinking or just realize that the franchise does a poor job at winning?
[Reply]
Tornado Bait 03:50 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Cutting Sanchez is stupid at this point...he's had 6 months of experience in the system. He looked better than Semenboy apart from the turnovers....who should have had 2 pick 6's himself.

No vet and two rookies...behind that o-line? The Bengals match-up is going to be fun...they will have two games of tape .
This kind of post has got to make you bat crazy. So much invested in hating another team instead of loving the Chiefs. Has the Chiefs franchise got you to this point where it is about the hate then the love of your team?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:21 PM 10-04-2016

Congratulations to @Millerlite40 selected as Sept. Pro Football Legends Player of the Month vote by former players of the NFL Alumni Assoc.! pic.twitter.com/Xc7euvrV5e

— NFL Alumni (@NFLAlumni) October 4, 2016

:-)
[Reply]
Nut Fumble 06:33 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by Tornado Bait:
LOL, so the NFL is fixed yet I bet you watch every moment of the Chiefs on tv. I even bet you don't bother watching WWE which we all know is fixed (I am sure it comes to news for some on this site) yet you will waste your time using an excuse of the game is fixed. If it is fixed, why is the league so down on a franchise that gave us Lamar Hunt? He is up there with Al Davis. Instead of having 4 or 5 division titles since the merger, shouldn't they have 5 in a row like the Broncos? You know you have lost all chance of redemption when you think the NFL is fixed and you aren't part of the cool club. Do other fans here support this thinking or just realize that the franchise does a poor job at winning?
Allow me to introduce you to blacktop...he'll be here all year for your entertainment.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:36 PM 10-04-2016

The NFL is just like The Attitude Era. We know it's fixed, but we can't just look away.
[Reply]
Tornado Bait 07:15 PM 10-04-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The NFL is just like The Attitude Era. We know it's fixed, but we can't just look away.
And then complain about it.
I know how this will end. Chiefs will show some hope and progress to excite the masses then later in the season and possibly in the playoffs, they will rip the hearts out of their fams' chest. Draft comes to excite those same people who now think this is the year. Rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:27 PM 10-04-2016

Elway, Broncos scouting department deserve credit for crazy depth on D. Shaq Barrett as disruptive as any player I’ve watched from Week 4.

— Chris Wesseling (@ChrisWesseling) October 3, 2016

[Reply]
New World Order 08:29 PM 10-04-2016
And then complain about it.
I know how this will end. Chiefs will show some hope and progress to excite the masses then later in the season and possibly in the playoffs, they will rip the hearts out of their fams' chest. Draft comes to excite those same people who now think this is the year. Rinse and repeat.

Did you watch the Attitude Era?

Be honest.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:39 PM 10-04-2016

Mentioned this on the pod ...

Patriots since 2012: 51-17, 1 world title, 1 AFC title
Broncos since 2012: 54-14, 1 world title, 2 AFC titles

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) October 5, 2016

... It surprised me, anyway, since New England is (rightfully) considered the gold standard for NFL consistency. Elway's built a behemoth.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) October 5, 2016

[Reply]
Page 587 of 4897
« First < 87487537577583584585586587 58858959059159763768710871587 > Last »
Up