ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 63
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Frazod 11:38 AM 06-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Maul survived the Obi Wan fight.
I'm still trying to understand how Maul survived being cut in half and falling down the shaft. I guess there were a bunch of pillows and doctors at the bottom. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 AM 06-24-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm still trying to understand how Maul survived being cut in half and falling down the shaft. I guess there were a bunch of pillows and doctors at the bottom. :-)
Episode 1. One of the biggest challenges was how GL was going to find a comparable villain to Darth Vader - and for everything wrong with that movie. Elementary acting, leaps of logic, dumbass characters, Lucas, by some miracle, landed on a worthy villain for Anakin to replace in the franchise.

..And then George cuts him in half in the first movie. Maul's survival always felt like a retcon of one of the more dumbass creative decisions from Lucas (it also was a truly compelling story in Clone Wars).
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:49 AM 06-24-2018
It was a pretty significant plotline in the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series. Both of which are as canonical as the movies, according to Lucas/Disney. So it's not hard to catch up on if you really care. Simple youtube search will bring up tons of clips. Although his appearance in Solo was basically just an Easter egg for fans familiar with those shows, similar to some stuff they showed on Yavin during Rogue One. Although it obviously may have greater relevance in future movies.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:49 PM 06-24-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It was a pretty significant plotline in the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series. Both of which are as canonical as the movies, according to Lucas/Disney. So it's not hard to catch up on if you really care. Simple youtube search will bring up tons of clips. Although his appearance in Solo was basically just an Easter egg for fans familiar with those shows, similar to some stuff they showed on Yavin during Rogue One. Although it obviously may have greater relevance in future movies.
I watched and enjoyed Rebels, but not Clone Wars. I've been told that it's very well done, but I could never get past my Anakin hatred.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:51 PM 06-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Maul survived the Obi Wan fight.
I googled an explanation for this and that's what I found. Apparently in some Star Wars geeky underworld Maul survives and gets spidetlike robot legs.

I'd say I'm a SW fans and I've seen every one in the theaters, and with little boys I'm seeing them all on DVR many times again. And I didn't have any clue about this dumb backstory - and was confused to see Maul show his ass on this one.

If SW wants to cater to the geeks then I think they run the risk of confusing casual fans and limiting the scope of their audience.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:03 PM 06-24-2018
Nice spot-on skewering of TLJ if you've got 20 minutes or so.

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 01:53 AM 06-25-2018
Nice spot-on skewering of TLJ if you've got 20 minutes or so.

FUCK TLJ and FUCK Rian Johnson with a 12 inch dildo with spikes. He thought he was being smart, but he was just being a colossal dumbass. FUCK him.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:40 AM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
**** TLJ and **** Rian Johnson with a 12 inch dildo with spikes. He thought he was being smart, but he was just being a colossal dumbass. **** him.
I agree that he deserves all the hate. The attacks on the actor who played Rose was way over the top though. People can be assholes.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:55 PM 06-25-2018
Go for the video. Stay for the article. I didn't bother with the comments, but that's obviously up to you.

Originally Posted by :
Grace Randolph Scoop: Kathleen Kennedy Almost Fired as Head of Lucasfilm... But...
http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=375856
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:36 PM 06-25-2018
I agree with people not touching it. I think Johnsom pretty much caused it to be FUBAR.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:42 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I agree that he deserves all the hate. The attacks on the actor who played Rose was way over the top though. People can be assholes.
Wrong.

She's the new Jar Jar and deserves all the criticism that's thrown her way.

These people get paid millions to play dress up make believe. They get 0 sympathy from me.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:15 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Wrong.

She's the new Jar Jar and deserves all the criticism that's thrown her way.

These people get paid millions to play dress up make believe. They get 0 sympathy from me.
Finn is Jar Jar. She’s Jar Jar’s bitch.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:35 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I agree with people not touching it. I think Johnsom pretty much caused it to be FUBAR.
If true, the funniest bit to me is the idea that Marvel and Pixar heads are eavesdropping on the call as if they're siblings hiding around a corner listening to their sister get scolded.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:04 PM 06-25-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If true, the funniest bit to me is the idea that Marvel and Pixar heads are eavesdropping on the call as if they're siblings hiding around a corner listening to their sister get scolded.
Perhaps they’ll learn something from it. Maybe now we won’t get a Toy Story 4 that features Andy’s queer kid making Buzz and Woody get married.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:43 PM 06-25-2018
Perhaps they’ll learn something from it. Maybe now we won’t get a Toy Story 4 that features Andy’s queer kid making Buzz and Woody get married.
Don't count on that, especially with Feige singing the diversity song.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/kevi...-future-652-02

http://collider.com/mcu-adding-lgbtq...n-kevin-feige/
[Reply]
Page 57 of 63
« First < 7475354555657 58596061 > Last »
Up