ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL requiring Covid Vaccination to a certain degree
Chief Roundup 02:05 PM 04-13-2021

The NFL informed clubs today any team employee who refuses a COVID-19 vaccination without “bona fide medical or religious ground” will be barred from Tier 1 or Tier 2 status, and thus have restricted access within the team facility and not work directly with players, per sources.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

Here’s the full NFL memo, which also says teams must report weekly the number of employees who are vaccinated, as conversations with the NFLPA continue on the thresholds at which protocols on testing, PPE, travel, etc., can be relaxed. pic.twitter.com/FXuIhFP6Vh

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 13, 2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:13 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by DTHOF:
"We are all in this together" Except for Astrazeneca, Phizer , Moderna and J&J they are all getting paid $$$$$$. Not a conspiracy theorist at all but big Pharma really seems to be making out on this one. Wonder what the profit margin is on the shots?
Yeah! They really seem to be doing good business these days! Why don't we ever hear about local mom and pop pharmaceutical companies and THEIR vaccines??!!!!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:14 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Simply not true. I have lived in the most restrictive state in the union and know many who continue to decide what if any vaccines they choose to take for their family. **** what has been dictated to society from vaccines to guns.
What state? Part of department of education guidelines is following mandates by department of health.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 06:28 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah! They really seem to be doing good business these days! Why don't we ever hear about local mom and pop pharmaceutical companies and THEIR vaccines??!!!!!
I understand these companies make tons of cash but they do it while trying to develop medications designed to help people and the better they help people the more they make which helps them develop more/better drugs yet they seem to get way more hate than cigarette companies.

Some companies will make big money off their COVID-19 vaccines — but not as much as they could

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cov...izer-1.5812619
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:55 AM 04-15-2021
There are places with booths. No need to fear fainting in public. I may need it, the first shot made me sick as a dog.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:40 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I understand these companies make tons of cash but they do it while trying to develop medications designed to help people and the better they help people the more they make which helps them develop more/better drugs yet they seem to get way more hate than cigarette companies.

Some companies will make big money off their COVID-19 vaccines — but not as much as they could

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cov...izer-1.5812619
You make it sound like pharmaceutical companies operate on altruism, as if they're different from every other corporation on earth.

The dozens and dozens of successful lawsuits over the years say otherwise.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't get the vaccine but let's not fabricate reality in order to convince people. Pharmaceutical companies are for-profit entities and they don't do ANYTHING out of altruism.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:41 AM 04-15-2021
I have a question. And I'm not trying to be a dick.

What happened in your life to make you so goddamn cynical? I'm not saying you were a jolly ray of sunshine at any point in your time on CP, but now if you're not talking football, the only shit you post is nihilistic "Fuck everything and fuck you too" garbage. Every comment you make about COVID suggests that none of us have any agency whatsoever and we're all going to have to wear masks in public for the rest of our goddamn lives.

If that's what you believe, then it's what you believe. I'm not going to tell you your version of reality is wrong, only because it's impossible to prove. I'm just wondering what made you so goddamn pessimistic or how you got to be this way.
I don't believe we're going to wear masks forever simply because I don't think people will actually do it.

I do think if the government had their way, we'd wear them for much, much longer than needed.

As for what has made me so cynical about the government, do you really need to ask?
[Reply]
stevieray 07:52 AM 04-15-2021
"what society has to offer" is going to be the new lame buzzphrase.

like "flatten the curve"
[Reply]
Donger 08:39 AM 04-15-2021
I asked the same elsewhere, but for those who have had the vaccines, did your paperwork say anything about the amount of time after the second shot, or after the J&J jab, which should pass before you are "fully vaccinated"? Mine did not, and the tech who stuck me didn't either.

For those who don't know, the times are:

Pfizer = 14 days after boost shot.
Moderna = 14 days after boost shot.
J&J = 15 to 29 days.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:43 AM 04-15-2021
You didn't really answer the question.
I think he's saying ego is more important than getting back to normal. :-)

Kind of like a kid I know who repeatedly does whatever the hell they want and is constantly making life worse and worse.... and the choices are to "be a sheep" as immature adults would say and get back to some sort of normalcy as quickly as possible, or I guess "have no fear" and deal with the the shitty reality even longer.

Doing things you don't agree with so you can have the things you want or want to avoid in the long run kind of sucks sometimes, but that's the free choice you're given in society... hell, if I let my ego get in the way enough, I'd drive a lot faster and never do taxes again, consequences be damned.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I asked the same elsewhere, but for those who have had the vaccines, did your paperwork say anything about the amount of time after the second shot, or after the J&J jab, which should pass before you are "fully vaccinated"? Mine did not, and the tech who stuck me didn't either.

For those who don't know, the times are:

Pfizer = 14 days after boost shot.
Moderna = 14 days after boost shot.
J&J = 15 to 29 days.
So if we set aside the clotting thing and just look at the practical side, the J&J vaccine takes longer to set in and has a lower effectiveness rate, right?

As someone who hasn't been vaccinated, it would appear that, given a choice, the mRNA vaccines would be the better bet right now?
[Reply]
Spott 08:48 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't believe we're going to wear masks forever simply because I don't think people will actually do it.

I do think if the government had their way, we'd wear them for much, much longer than needed.

As for what has made me so cynical about the government, do you really need to ask?
All I have to do is look and my paystub every two weeks since forever to see how the government isn’t to be trusted. Gotta love filing single and zero all year long even though I’m married, and the IRS still wants more at the end of the year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:49 AM 04-15-2021
"Be a sheep," "sleepery slope." In other words I got nothing.
[Reply]
Donger 08:50 AM 04-15-2021
So if we set aside the clotting thing and just look at the practical side, the J&J vaccine takes longer to set in and has a lower effectiveness rate, right?

As someone who hasn't been vaccinated, it would appear that, given a choice, the mRNA vaccines would be the better bet right now?
The J&J efficacy is about 70% last I saw, compared to 90 to 95% for the Pfizer and Moderna. But the latter are two jabs (prime and boost) 21 and 28 days apart respectively. So, add that up, and you are "fully" vaccinated with J&J sooner, but it is less effective.

Yes, I would say that the mRNA vaccines are better based on that data. I was glad when I figured out that I was getting Pfizer. It was my preferred choice.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:50 AM 04-15-2021

Yes, but the advantage of the JNJ vaccine is obviously that it's only one shot. And for much of the world, it's much easier logistically to store, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:51 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
The J&J efficacy is about 70% last I saw, compared to 90 to 95% for the Pfizer and Moderna. But the latter are two jabs (prime and boost) 21 and 28 days apart respectively. So, add that up, and you are "fully" vaccinated with J&J sooner, but it is less effective.

Yes, I would say that the mRNA va1ccines are better based on that data. I was glad when I figured out that I was getting Pfizer. It was my favored choice.
Thanks.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up