ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Retirement Thread
Mosbonian 01:54 PM 04-04-2024
After the positive responses and congratulations on my Retirement thread, the idea came to me that there should be a thread that helps everyone prepare for the eventuality of retirement.

There were many great ideas, comments and great suggestions that came out of the conversation. What I would like to do is put this here as a repository for information for anyone who is:

One of the things I came to find out is that no matter how much I had thought I was prepared for retirement, there were still things I had not pondered or prepared for.

So this thread is for all your questions, comments, advice to help others that are close to retirement.

I mean....this board is about a year and a half away from being around for a quarter of a century, and many of us who have been around are there already.

So, please feel free to contribute!
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:00 PM 04-04-2024
As long as Mahomes doesn’t post in this thread anytime soon, we good. Enjoy retirement fellas.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:19 PM 04-04-2024
Just agreed to sell my
[Reply]
TLO 02:20 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Just agreed to sell my
Oh?
[Reply]
PHOG 02:29 PM 04-04-2024
Just agreed to sell my
Originally Posted by TLO:
Oh?
Whatever it was, it must have not happened? :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:34 PM 04-04-2024
Just agreed to sell my
Soul
[Reply]
BEAVER 02:40 PM 04-04-2024
I have a Rick Mirer rookie card. Pretty sure that will carry me through to old age and beyond.
[Reply]
Graystoke 03:51 PM 04-04-2024
Getting in line
[Reply]
BWillie 04:02 PM 04-04-2024
I think I'm retired but I'm not quite sure
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:26 PM 04-04-2024
As a fun related anecdote, my wife and I were just interviewed for a documentary about retirement planning. No idea if we'll make the final cut or not, and we left thinking, "I hope they don't present us as fools or something."

We showed up assuming that it would be one guy with a camera making a youtube thing. Instead, we went through hair and makeup and had a wardrobe check, and when we went into the next room there was a 10+ member crew of light, sound, and camera people waiting for us. The producer was from another city flying in for this. Now I'm really curious what it's going to be. We were interviewed for about 20 minutes, so maybe we'll get a minute of air time when all is said and done. We got paid $200 for it.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:12 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As a fun related anecdote, my wife and I were just interviewed for a documentary about retirement planning. No idea if we'll make the final cut or not, and we left thinking, "I hope they don't present us as fools or something."

We showed up assuming that it would be one guy with a camera making a youtube thing. Instead, we went through hair and makeup and had a wardrobe check, and when we went into the next room there was a 10+ member crew of light, sound, and camera people waiting for us. The producer was from another city flying in for this. Now I'm really curious what it's going to be. We were interviewed for about 20 minutes, so maybe we'll get a minute of air time when all is said and done. We got paid $200 for it.
Let us know where and how to see this!!
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:33 PM 04-04-2024
How's your sex life at retirement?
[Reply]
Pinchshot 05:34 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

$200 to look like a fool on national TV?

Pfffft
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:59 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Let us know where and how to see this!!
I think it'll come out next year, and they said they'd let me know. I'm a little nervous about it.

Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
$200 to look like a fool on national TV?

Pfffft
It's the most I've ever been paid to look like a fool.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:01 PM 04-04-2024
When you got scratch like RM, you don't need no stinking retirement!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up