ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:36 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
What line?
The "this will all be over soon and we can resume our normal lives" line.

Which shortly after vaccinations started got moved back a WHOLE YEAR to 2022.

We all know we're never going back to our normal lives. If we were, they wouldn't be using the phrase "the new normal".
[Reply]
stevieray 09:36 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
LOL other countries didn't test people like we did idiot. Therefore numbers are gonna be higher here as to other countries.

Again looks at the data from a non biased non emotional perspective.
Japan has an obesity rate of 3.6 percent.

no such thing as a coinkydink.
[Reply]
Donger 09:36 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
You’re on a roll so dont stop with Covid. How about those asshole selfish bastards in the ICU because of cardiac, respiratory or neurological emergencies secondary to their lifestyles and diets over the years? We need to control what everybody eats, drinks, inhales right?
Hi orange. Apple says hello.
[Reply]
Donger 09:38 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

We all know we're never going back to our normal lives. If we were, they wouldn't be using the phrase "the new normal".
I don't recall anyone other than one particular person saying that.

Going back to normal depends on if and how soon we drive this virus into submission.

Of course we are, if we can turn this thing into smallpox.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:39 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The best part is you are told to get vaccinated but they don't know if it works so keep doing all the same stuff!

Then they want to know why people don't want the vaccine. :-)

Local HR group did a survey and the vaccination participation rate looked to be around 25%.

The same people when surveyed were told they could stop wearing masks etc...after vaccination it jumped to 70%.

The messaging on the vaccine has been horrendous and it starts with Fauci. Complete botch job.

Meanwhile MLB implemented a policy that if 85% of the team got vaccinated they no longer had to wear masks and social distance. Guess what's happened?
This is my issue right here. I'm not going to be very happy if I get vaccinated and still have to suffer through another summer wearing fucking masks all the time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:40 AM 04-08-2021
BY GOD HERE COMES PETEZ28 WITH A STEEL CHAIR!!1
[Reply]
jdubya 09:41 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
"This is bullshit!! I just want to go back to normal, now!"

"Cool, me too. There are vaccines available."

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!!"
Why hello Mr Strawman

[Reply]
Shaid 09:43 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The concern is that some vaccine-resistent new mutation emerges among the herd that refuses to get vaccinated, then we have to do 2020 all over again.

So far the mutations have seemingly only been towards more contagious. But they could also morph into more contagious and more deadly. Imagine a 5% mortality rate instead of .25%.
Except none of that matters if the rest of the world isn't also vaccinated. So the US will be in an ok spot soon, the rest of the world will take a lot longer and something like 20-25% of our population choosing not to get vaccinated and contract it naturally instead isn't going to be a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

Regardless, you also could say the same thing regarding any other disease or flu. Things mutate, we can't control much more. I've been fine with masking but we are getting to a spot very soon where that also will no longer make sense. We were never going to eradicate this, just slow it down to not overrun systems. Now that vaccines are out, it's going to really turn into more of a standard thing like a flu shot.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:44 AM 04-08-2021
AstraZeneca the vaccine getting the bad press right now has 1in 100000-1000000 chance of getting a blood clot. 30 cases 7 deaths in 18+ million doses.

So far Pfizer and moderna have even less risk

Odds of blood clot from COVID 1 in 100, 1 in 20 if hospitalized.

it is still being recommended for people over 55 because risks from COVID in that demographic is much higher .

being obese/getting pregnant are much higher risk of getting blood clots than this vaccine,
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t care about Josh Allen’s opinion on this subject.

But it probably wasn’t smart for him to comment publicly on it.

Right. He’s a damn football player.

I don’t know if Mahomes has gotten the vaccine or not. I hope he does, just so we can essentially rule him out as a potential COVID quarantine case next year and possibly beyond. In the end, though, it’s not our place to pry into his life like that.

Josh didn’t have to answer that question.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:44 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
LOL other countries didn't test people like we did idiot. Therefore numbers are gonna be higher here as to other countries.

Again looks at the data from a non biased non emotional perspective.

and most people did follow those rules. A lot of people lost their jobs and their business because of this shit. Tell that to them. Hell Michigan JUST opened their restaurants back up at half capacity. They still had deaths, they still had cases. IF you look at the numbers relative to population, didn't matter because states that were open had similar deaths.
Lol I'm sure you're an expert on other countries and who they tested.

Want to know how I know you're an idiot?

Other countries did in fact test people, much better and more efficiently in fact.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:46 AM 04-08-2021
:-)

Science.

Seems like what you're laughing at is more or less the media's interpretation of science for clickbait articles and basically the marketing side of science.

The actual science is pretty much irrefutable. Science isn't 100% guarantees like the media reports it, or when the CDC says "getting back to normal in a year" when they actually mean there's some percentage of a chance to do so in order to talk people into doing what's theoretically the best course of action.

It wasn't ever "wash your hands and wear a mask and no one will die"... it started with washing hands/social distancing to slow down the spread. And when that didn't work, it was wearing masks. And when that didn't work, it was shutting shit down.

All of those things were the best course of action based on the information at the time for a virus that didn't exist 18 months ago.... and everyone should be aware by now that masks aren't 100%, and a mask that's 30% effective will literally slow it down by 30%, not "get back to normal" (and that's if everyone complies, which obviously hasn't happened at all). We don't know how well everything worked because we don't know how much worse it would have been had we done nothing at all.

Science gets dumbed down a lot because people in general are terrible at math and want to know without a doubt what's going to happen in the future.... well, science isn't about crystal-balling, it's about logically coming to conclusions based on the data provided at the time and then modifying the conclusion as more data becomes available.

And people don't like that. :-)

tl;dr... stop watching the news and with any article that says "a new study says...", go find that study and read what it really said.
[Reply]
Donger 09:46 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Why hello Mr Strawman

That wasn't an argument. It was a statement and observation.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 04-08-2021
The messaging was always the problem.

From the very beginning it should have been said "this isn't going to go away unless we can suppress it to near zero, which we can't" Once it got widespread, there wasn't any slowing it until you get it or get vaccinated. Now we have variants popping up that could lead to reinfection, but it's not likely.

It wasn't ever going to be a "slow the spread for two weeks" thing.

Just tell people whole thing and let them deal with it.
[Reply]
Donger 09:48 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Seems like what you're laughing at is more or less the media's interpretation of science for clickbait articles and basically the marketing side of science.

The actual science is pretty much irrefutable. Science isn't 100% guarantees like the media reports it, or when the CDC says "getting back to normal in a year" when they actually mean there's some percentage of a chance to do so in order to talk people into doing what's theoretically the best course of action.

It wasn't ever "wash your hands and wear a mask and no one will die"... it started with washing hands/social distancing to slow down the spread. And when that didn't work, it was wearing masks. And when that didn't work, it was shutting shit down.

All of those things were the best course of action based on the information at the time for a virus that didn't exist 18 months ago.... and everyone should be aware by now that masks aren't 100%, and a mask that's 30% effective will literally slow it down by 30%, not "get back to normal" (and that's if everyone complies, which obviously hasn't happened at all).

Science gets dumbed down a lot because people in general are terrible at math and want to know without a doubt what's going to happen in the future.... well, science isn't about crystal-balling, it's about logically coming to conclusions based on the data provided at the time and then modifying the conclusion as more data becomes available.

And people don't like that. :-)

tl;dr... stop watching the news and with any article that says "a new study says...", go find that study and read what it really said.
Yep, and one of the interesting things about this is it showed how binary some people are.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 28
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up